PDA

View Full Version : 3-6" of snow tonight

jimnyc
01-06-2022, 04:09 PM
I like the snow when it's in Alaska but here when it snows in NY it sucks! Shoveling and idiots on the road.

That's if the weather reports are correct.

--

Snow forecast in tri-state area, may lead to messy morning commute

A winter storm is expected to wallop the New York City region starting late Thursday — with 3 to 6 inches of snow expected to make for a tough Friday morning commute, forecasters said.

Snow is expected to start falling in the tri-state area by midnight, with conditions “quickly deteriorating” overnight and into Friday’s morning rush hour, making for potentially dangerous travel, AccuWeather meteorologist Tyler Roys told The Post on Thursday.

Up to 6 inches may fall across the region, with the highest totals expected south and east of the Big Apple. The heaviest snowfall will come between 4 and 7 a.m. Friday — and taper off by midmorning, Roys said. Wind gusts could also reach up to 35 mph.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2022/01/06/snow-expected-to-impact-commute-in-tri-state-area/

icansayit
01-06-2022, 06:15 PM
Have mostly decided there will be no schools open until next Mon or Tues.

Here at the Beach...It's dangerous to just SAY or SUGGEST the word SNOW.
The rush on grocery supplies, gas, and other stuff they could have needed months ago....Suddenly become their ANXIOUS moments to start the ROAD RAGE and BUMPER CAR brigades with the occasional TRADING OF "MIDDLE FINGERS WHILE YELLING...WITH THEIR MASKS ON!"

We STAY HOME.

jimnyc
01-07-2022, 02:25 PM
Not sure exactly what we got. They say 6" in Central Park. Looks like we got 5-6 here too.

Nikoh is LOVING it this time around and burying herself under the snow. At least a portion of her head anyway, and to her that's hiding!

SassyLady
01-07-2022, 03:16 PM
Not sure exactly what we got. They say 6" in Central Park. Looks like we got 5-6 here too.

Nikoh is LOVING it this time around and burying herself under the snow. At least a portion of her head anyway, and to her that's hiding!

My granddaughter born and raised in Arizona now living in Yonkers. Got about 6" at her place. She is loving it so far. Her hubby just has to walk across street to work so not a big deal yet.

jimnyc
01-07-2022, 03:31 PM
My granddaughter born and raised in Arizona now living in Yonkers. Got about 6" at her place. She is loving it so far. Her hubby just has to walk across street to work so not a big deal yet.

Yonkers is 2 towns over from me!