PDA

View Full Version : Trump’s new social media platform set to launch on Presidents’ Day

jimnyc
01-07-2022, 03:52 PM
I am looking forward to this. To see what type of site it is and what type of layout and workings. Then to slowly see how many people start using the service. And lastly to see how much freedoms are offered there.

I couldn't care less that it's Trump - other than what I said a long time ago - which was that I hope he did open a platform. He's one of the rare few that can afford to properly get it off the ground and hopefully see it out into the future.

But if it turns out to be crappy, or a shitty layout and how it works, or if they apply censorship, I'll avoid them too.

I am confident that the news will attack it from day one. And then I hope he has a good IT security on it and running the servers. I do foresee someone or some trying to also infiltrate the site. :rolleyes:

---

Trump’s new social media platform set to launch on Presidents’ DayFormer President Donald Trump’s new social media platform Truth Social is expected to launch on Presidents’ Day, Feb. 21, according to the latest Apple App Store listing.

Truth Social, which the 45th president announced in October, is the latest conservative alternative to large social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook, which the former president has repeatedly slammed for censorship.

The new app is being launched by Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) and can be preordered before its expected release date.

According to the app store listing, users of the platform can share their “unique opinion by posting a TRUTH, Re-TRUTH, photo, news story or video link to communicate with your friends, customers, and the world.”

“Stay informed about breaking news while staying directly connected with the people who influence you – don’t be shocked if they take your TRUTH viral!” the listing reads.

Users will be able to set up a profile with an avatar as well as follow other users.

Similar to other social media platforms, Truth Social will feature a “feed” that will contain posts from different users whom someone might follow. The app will look very similar to platforms like Twitter, according to photos uploaded to the listing.

At the time of the launch announcement, TMTG revealed that the app would be launched in beta for “invited guests” in November. At the time, the company described the platform as “America’s ‘Big Tent’ social media platform that encourages an open, free, and honest global conversation without discriminating against political ideology.”

Rest - https://nypost.com/2022/01/07/donald-trumps-truth-social-set-to-launch-presidents-day/

Gunny
01-08-2022, 11:30 AM
Be interesting to see how many people that don't buy the stolen election theory are allowed to express their opinions.

At this point in time, I'm not interested in the site, nor anything else Trump. He's doing more harm than any good at this point, IMO.

Kathianne
01-08-2022, 12:18 PM
Be interesting to see how many people that don't buy the stolen election theory are allowed to express their opinions.

At this point in time, I'm not interested in the site, nor anything else Trump. He's doing more harm than any good at this point, IMO.

Probably be allowed to give such opinion, but best not plan to run for any office, you'll be facing the rights' version of Soros.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-08-2022, 12:21 PM
I will definitely check it out but will not be on board with it unless it does far more to reveal the --TRUTH- about the absolute treason and total corruption of the dem party.
A filthy party that now operates as a melded entity of the Mafia/Communists/Nazi's, imho...---:saluting2:
And yes, that description is about as accurate as any can be in the current state of things we have in this nation as of now. ---Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-08-2022, 12:30 PM
Probably be allowed to give such opinion, but best not plan to run for any office, you'll be facing the rights' version of Soros.

Some may see it, a bit more like a David vs. Goliath scenario.
Although Trump makes a poor version of David, methinks..
He is/may just be the only version of a "David" around that is willing to use force to slay the giant( the firmly entrenched monster that rules by way of the filty dem party)...
Doing nothing about that "monster" leads to a true catastrophe , imho. And will do so very likely in less than another decade.--:saluting2:
For a clear example, one only has to look at the power grab/freedom stealing/FU attitude and force exerted since the -- current-- idiot puppet was installed....
How any decent, true (patriotic) American can not see that elephant in the room, truly and most aggreviously bewilders me....--Tyr

jimnyc
01-08-2022, 09:30 PM

I still haven't seen any major proof/evidence. But I won't be there for any reasons 2020 or 2024 - nor really anything else Trump myself. I'm more hoping for a free speech site - unlike facebook & twitter and such. A place to counter them anyway. He just happens to be the $$ behind paying their monthly bills. Won't be, to me anyway, much different than myspace and "Tom". :) :)

tailfins
01-08-2022, 10:51 PM
I'm wondering out loud if this ends in the same manner as "Trump Steaks".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Steaks

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2a/Trump_Steaks.png/220px-Trump_Steaks.png

Gunny
01-09-2022, 11:30 AM
I still haven't seen any major proof/evidence. But I won't be there for any reasons 2020 or 2024 - nor really anything else Trump myself. I'm more hoping for a free speech site - unlike facebook & twitter and such. A place to counter them anyway. He just happens to be the $$ behind paying their monthly bills. Won't be, to me anyway, much different than myspace and "Tom". :) :)I get your point. Yes, it would be nice. However, you and I and anyone else who has run a board or just been on the staff or observed the staff knows a lot of the pitfalls. True, FOS means all the crazy trolls can come on and turn the place into chaos. We've seen more than one board go down that way.

Implement rules, with moderation/staff, and suddenly you're censoring FOS and the leftwingnuts/trolls are the first to exploit that intellectually dishonest tactic.

I'm also really turned off by Trump at this point. I'll have to decide if I can get past the name :)

jimnyc
01-09-2022, 03:24 PM
I get your point. Yes, it would be nice. However, you and I and anyone else who has run a board or just been on the staff or observed the staff knows a lot of the pitfalls. True, FOS means all the crazy trolls can come on and turn the place into chaos. We've seen more than one board go down that way.

Implement rules, with moderation/staff, and suddenly you're censoring FOS and the leftwingnuts/trolls are the first to exploit that intellectually dishonest tactic.

I'm also really turned off by Trump at this point. I'll have to decide if I can get past the name :)

I'm hoping for a social media joint for mainly conservatives, or anyone for that fact but primarily for conservatives that don't have a home. A place, that unlike Facebook and Twitter, don't censor/delete major political/health posts from the major news circuits. Let people post what is out there and then let the readers do their due diligence and decide for themselves.

Whomever it is, can and should delete or ban stuff like threats on someone's life, ongoing spam and and extremely minimal set of rules that make sense. Of course no matter what type of place is opened it will never please everyone.

But at the end of the day the goal should be freedoms. As far as whomever is beyond the scenes don't care so long as it works!

Gunny
01-09-2022, 03:34 PM
I'm hoping for a social media joint for mainly conservatives, or anyone for that fact but primarily for conservatives that don't have a home. A place, that unlike Facebook and Twitter, don't censor/delete major political/health posts from the major news circuits. Let people post what is out there and then let the readers do their due diligence and decide for themselves.

Whomever it is, can and should delete or ban stuff like threats on someone's life, ongoing spam and and extremely minimal set of rules that make sense. Of course no matter what type of place is opened it will never please everyone.

But at the end of the day the goal should be freedoms. As far as whomever is beyond the scenes don't care so long as it works!So how unfair is THAT? Trump's going to try and open Debate Policy but his name recognition will get him more traffic? Maybe you should see what it costs to advertise there :)

As for me, EVERYONE goes back to school tomorrow and they better not get sick. I need a vacation from THEIR vacation :( I have a hard enough time keeping up with DP. I may look. May even joint just to pad the numbers like I did Parler, but I'm not seeing me participating much.