PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Hypocrisy

jimnyc
01-09-2022, 02:48 PM
I've been pointing out their lies and hypocrisy for years.

They are just as involved in promoting protests after George Floyd and many even got involved. Then it went on for months and months and grew more and more deadly with riots all the time. The money it ended up costing was astounding and many died including like 30 police officers. And then of course they end up blaming republicans. :rolleyes:

---

Liberal Elites Want Us to Care About Jan. 6. But They Don't Care When Our Cities Burn

I remember the call from my husband on May 31. It was our anniversary, and he was out running errands before he came home—not because we had plans, but because there was a curfew in place in Minneapolis. He called to tell me he had to drive to a nearby suburb to pick up a medical prescription. "Our Walgreens on Hennepin Avenue isn't there anymore," he said. "It was burned to the ground."

Over the spring and summer of 2020, thousands of businesses were looted, damaged, or totally destroyed during the George Floyd protests—especially here, where Floyd was killed. Every day we read heartbreaking stories of business owners begging and pleading with rioters to spare their livelihoods, many of them uninsured, pleas that went unheeded. There was over $2 billion in property damage.

And yet, to follow the mainstream news, you'd be forgiven for thinking the destruction of cities across the country—the decimation of small businesses, many of them owned by lower income people of color—wasn't the biggest story of violence in recent history. That honor, to hear the media tell it, is reserved for an hours-long mobbing of the Capitol in Washington, D.C. The Capitol riot on January 6, 2021 has been the lead story in the liberal mainstream media all week long.

This breathless, week-long commemoration—along with the sacrosanct solemnity with which January 6 is discussed in elite liberal circles—exposes whose lives really matter: the elites in D.C. ivory towers and Manhattan newsrooms. And it exposed whose lives don't.

Minneapolis erupted in violence following the death of George Floyd. There was no law, only disorder. The metro buses were shut down, curfews were in place, grocery stores and drug stores looted and burned. The Third Precinct police station was gutted.

But the narrative from most of the journalists who flew in from New York was of a city and by extension a country facing the racial reckoning it deserved. There were no rioters, to hear the media tell it; the mobs throwing Molotov cocktails shattering windows were demonstrators and "mostly peaceful" protesters. The violence was framed as a necessary airing of grievances. The collateral damage to businesses and lives were cast as a pittance compared to the national discussion on race relations and policing in America.

Rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/liberal-elites-want-us-to-care-about-jan-6-but-they-dont-care-when-our-cities-burn-opinion/ar-AASxMEw

Kathianne
01-09-2022, 03:05 PM

They are just as involved in promoting protests after George Floyd and many even got involved. Then it went on for months and months and grew more and more deadly with riots all the time. The money it ended up costing was astounding and many died including like 30 police officers. And then of course they end up blaming republicans. :rolleyes:

---

Liberal Elites Want Us to Care About Jan. 6. But They Don't Care When Our Cities Burn

I remember the call from my husband on May 31. It was our anniversary, and he was out running errands before he came home—not because we had plans, but because there was a curfew in place in Minneapolis. He called to tell me he had to drive to a nearby suburb to pick up a medical prescription. "Our Walgreens on Hennepin Avenue isn't there anymore," he said. "It was burned to the ground."

Over the spring and summer of 2020, thousands of businesses were looted, damaged, or totally destroyed during the George Floyd protests—especially here, where Floyd was killed. Every day we read heartbreaking stories of business owners begging and pleading with rioters to spare their livelihoods, many of them uninsured, pleas that went unheeded. There was over $2 billion in property damage.

And yet, to follow the mainstream news, you'd be forgiven for thinking the destruction of cities across the country—the decimation of small businesses, many of them owned by lower income people of color—wasn't the biggest story of violence in recent history. That honor, to hear the media tell it, is reserved for an hours-long mobbing of the Capitol in Washington, D.C. The Capitol riot on January 6, 2021 has been the lead story in the liberal mainstream media all week long.

This breathless, week-long commemoration—along with the sacrosanct solemnity with which January 6 is discussed in elite liberal circles—exposes whose lives really matter: the elites in D.C. ivory towers and Manhattan newsrooms. And it exposed whose lives don't.

Minneapolis erupted in violence following the death of George Floyd. There was no law, only disorder. The metro buses were shut down, curfews were in place, grocery stores and drug stores looted and burned. The Third Precinct police station was gutted.

But the narrative from most of the journalists who flew in from New York was of a city and by extension a country facing the racial reckoning it deserved. There were no rioters, to hear the media tell it; the mobs throwing Molotov cocktails shattering windows were demonstrators and "mostly peaceful" protesters. The violence was framed as a necessary airing of grievances. The collateral damage to businesses and lives were cast as a pittance compared to the national discussion on race relations and policing in America.

Rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/liberal-elites-want-us-to-care-about-jan-6-but-they-dont-care-when-our-cities-burn-opinion/ar-AASxMEw

Agree with this. Both were wrong, as are the Soros backed 'no jail' DAs right now. They are not equivalent either.

What strikes me most though is how everyone seems to think because the side they identify most with had reasons for their behaviors. One because of social justice; the other because of stolen, ignored, deep statements, or any other reason

I'm old enough to remember when wrong was wrong and one paid the price.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2022, 03:07 PM

---

Better question to pose, is why do they always get by with it??
The lying, the stirring and then acting like innocent lambs.
Republicans when in power do next to nothing about what those vermin do.....
And for decades we have seen which side ffks over the true , law abiding citizen- while it courts, supports and defends the scum, criminals and perverts.
Truly maddening to see how the POS dems get by with it and are rewarded to boot...-- :saluting2:--Tyr

Gunny
01-09-2022, 03:38 PM

---

Rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/liberal-elites-want-us-to-care-about-jan-6-but-they-dont-care-when-our-cities-burn-opinion/ar-AASxMEwBeen bitching about this crap the whole time. The left can burn our cities while protesters on the right get put on government hit lists. When the Dems put as much effort into no stone unturned about Portland, Seattle, Chicago and the rest I'll take their Jan 6th sifting with a tea strainer more seriously.

Democrats are their own worst enemy. They're just too blind and stupid to see it.

SassyLady
01-09-2022, 09:48 PM
Violent protests should be punished no matter the cause. Calling all Trump supporters domestic terrorists is wrong.

And, the organizers and money backers like Soros and Kamala need to be held accountable. Also, instigators such as Ray Epps should be in jail right now with the others.