PDA

View Full Version : Trump pulling in massive crowds

jimnyc
01-16-2022, 04:57 PM
He overfilled wherever he was in Arizona last night. I didn't tune in, no interest honestly. But apparently it got shut down by police and no more allowed in. Like 15k inside and says police turned away thousands more.

Then reportedly he had over 419,000 watching the rally on Youtube. But online numbers don't impress me as much.

But even still overfilling his rallies - and Biden had like 6-8 people in big 'ol circles at his. :laugh:

And today's news reports that those 8 people are unsatisfied after Joe's first year in office.

I don't know where the hell we are going in 2024. Rumors of Harris disappearing. Trump no longer cares about Pence, sadly. Joe originally said he was a one term president, but now talks like a 2nd is possible. And also now some are nudging Hillary into the mix. I suppose they will start nudging anyone as '24 gets closer as the Democrats have got to know that Biden has about a zero chance of getting reelected.

SassyLady
01-16-2022, 05:35 PM
I was in Phoenix yesterday for different event and briefly considered going to the rally. Never been to one but heard people started lining up to get in 24 hours in advance. Decided I wasn't that interested to see him. Watched him live on RSBN instead while having dinner just down the road.

Gunny
01-16-2022, 06:38 PM
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/16/trump-first-rally-2022-maga-527206

Trump kicks off midterm year still stuck on last election (https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/15/trump-kicks-off-midterm-year-still-stuck-on-last-election-527197)

“I hope states decertify the election. I want to hear him say it’s over, we are ready to move on and hold a new election,” said Ray Kallatsa from Tucson, who arrived at the rally site early. “I do think it’s possible, very possible.”

Too much of THIS for me. If that is what he is running on, and he wins the primary, count me out. I want the next President to un-fuck Biden's disasters and get some enemies squared away, inside this country and out.

We, the People do NOT need 4 years of Trump getting payback against political enemies and trying to prove something unprovable. There's no leadership in "can't get past 4 years ago".

BoogyMan
01-16-2022, 07:34 PM
I am disgusted by what the establishment and the media did to Trump but I also know that we cannot now change it. The filth that slithers around Washington DC is going to protect itself and it now has a pretty powerful ally in the media it controls, namely CNN and MSNBC.

I am ready to see things move forward and if a few folks just happen to get exposed along the way, well that is good too, but forward is better.

Gunny
01-16-2022, 08:19 PM
I am disgusted by what the establishment and the media did to Trump but I also know that we cannot now change it. The filth that slithers around Washington DC is going to protect itself and it now has a pretty powerful ally in the media it controls, namely CNN and MSNBC.

I am ready to see things move forward and if a few folks just happen to get exposed along the way, well that is good too, but forward is better.I was fine with Trump. Sort of :) Meaning: I voted for him and supported most of the things he did that were good for this country. I voted for him in 2020 as well.

The behavior of the left, Dems, MSM, social media in a 4 year long hissy fit and non-stop attack was inexcusable. Not sure what they're thinking, but in their self-righteous blindness they exposed themselves for the dirtbags they are for the entire World to see. And talk about not having a clue nor a plan? We're reaping the rewards of THAT :rolleyes:

My slow turn away from Trump began when he made the GA Senate race about him. Everything since has been about him. Not the country. Not the people. He wants to punish anyone that isn't buying his narrative; which, is going to cost us in Congress. He's running around backing first termers against incumbents simply for not buying off on and selling his stolen election story.

He is dividing the Republican party at a time when the Presidency and Congress are the right's for the taking. I'll rail against his current behvior until it ends, or the GOP primary is over and we're stuck with whoever.

If you factor in all things Trump, he's really a dead end. Even if he wins the Presidency, he starts as a lame duck. He's 4 and out. I'd prefer a re-electable President who actually can bring some stability and consistency to the Nation.

On the other hand and giving the Devil his due, I also believe Trump would be able to handle this inflation issue faster than anyone else.

Russ
01-17-2022, 04:17 PM
I was fine with Trump. Sort of :) Meaning: I voted for him and supported most of the things he did that were good for this country. I voted for him in 2020 as well.

The behavior of the left, Dems, MSM, social media in a 4 year long hissy fit and non-stop attack was inexcusable. Not sure what they're thinking, but in their self-righteous blindness they exposed themselves for the dirtbags they are for the entire World to see. And talk about not having a clue nor a plan? We're reaping the rewards of THAT :rolleyes:

My slow turn away from Trump began ...

He is dividing the Republican party at a time when the Presidency and Congress are the right's for the taking. I'll rail against his current behvior until it ends, or the GOP primary is over and we're stuck with whoever.

Well said, Gunny. Totally agreed. Trump has plenty of problems, but his policies overwhelmingly were working out quite well. The 4 years of the media and/or Dems fanatically attacking him for things that were untrue (or even were actual schemes created by the media and/or Dems) were 4 of the most disgraceful years of American politics. Similarly, we had 4 years of Dems saying 'racist' about Trump based on nothing. A black colleague of mine that sits next to me at work once said that "Trump's a racist" and I asked him what actions of Trump made him say that, and he couldn't think of anything.

That being said, however, it would not be a good thing for Trump to be a Presidential nominee again, or even to be a candidate. I anticipate the media and Dems going into even more frantic levels of frenzied rants, if that's even humanly possible. It would not be good for our country to have that. And like you say, Gunny, Trump is going nuts himself about paybacks and election steals and attacking other members of his own party for this or that. Not good, and I don't want it. Not to mention - it's time for someone under 70 years old.

I'd much rather see DeSantis or Haley or half a dozen other people as the nominee. Trump should help them out, or else step aside.

MtnBiker
01-17-2022, 06:52 PM
Trump pulls in massive crowds? Hmmm that’s weird. Does a loser of an election usually continue to draw a crowd? Could Romney draw a massive crowd in January 2014, or McCain in January 2010?

So Trump earned more presidential votes than any other republican candidate. Rasmussen has his approval higher now than when he left office. https://www.lifenews.com/2022/01/06/president-trumps-approval-rating-higher-now-than-when-he-left-office/ And even Romney conceded that it was Trump’s nomination in 2024 if he wanted it.

Desantis is young enough that he can make a presidential run down the road and not tangle with Trump. He could possible come out on top with a political battle with Trump, but he would be bloodied up in the process. So he has time, he can successful later. No doubt there will be continued stories of struggles between them. The media loves to create any negative narrative they can. And with that it doesn’t matter who the republican candidate is in 2024. The so called main stream media will do everything in their power to destroy the republican candidate. They will make it as nasty as possible.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-17-2022, 06:54 PM
Well said, Gunny. Totally agreed. Trump has plenty of problems, but his policies overwhelmingly were working out quite well. The 4 years of the media and/or Dems fanatically attacking him for things that were untrue (or even were actual schemes created by the media and/or Dems) were 4 of the most disgraceful years of American politics. Similarly, we had 4 years of Dems saying 'racist' about Trump based on nothing. A black colleague of mine that sits next to me at work once said that "Trump's a racist" and I asked him what actions of Trump made him say that, and he couldn't think of anything.

That being said, however, it would not be a good thing for Trump to be a Presidential nominee again, or even to be a candidate. I anticipate the media and Dems going into even more frantic levels of frenzied rants, if that's even humanly possible. It would not be good for our country to have that. And like you say, Gunny, Trump is going nuts himself about paybacks and election steals and attacking other members of his own party for this or that. Not good, and I don't want it. Not to mention - it's time for someone under 70 years old.

I'd much rather see DeSantis or Haley or half a dozen other people as the nominee. Trump should help them out, or else step aside.

Instead of attacking DeSantis Trump should have asked him to be his running mate.
And likely would be best if Trump used his power to win for another top contender in the Republican party.
As he will be targeted again, and the election stolen again, if he is the candidate.
These dems/globalists and their traitorous allies will stop at nothing to make sure that Trump does not get another 4 years!
And they will get by with it too..
Just like they did the first time..-- :saluting2:--Tyr

p.s. Anybody that believes that the idiot scum o/biden got 80 million votes is either a fool, moron or completely insane and possibly even all three..
Not a person alive that I will not quite gladly say that to face to face, trust me on that. --Tyr

Gunny
01-17-2022, 07:04 PM

Something else that appears to be a "c" word for those on the right. No one wants to say it out loud:

This panel or board or whatever that disgraceful bunch of witch hunters trying to legitimize themselves with for a title, along with Biden's weaponized DOJ are trying their damnedest to hang Jan 6th on Trump. Lord knows they've hung it on any and everything and everyone else on the right that even looked at the District on 6 Jan 2021.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch to hang something on him. Problem the Dems + 2 turncoats have is they are looking for hardball treason, sedition, conspiracy, an attempt to overthrow the government and whatnot instead of looking at what is there. While I don't believe a riot was his intent, I'd be willing to bet his loose talk could be easily tied to culpability, intentional or not.

Just more of the nitwits trying too hard to get Trump and blowing shit out of proportion to the point that anything less than high treason will be a disappointment to them and I doubt they can prove it.

I for one, would be relived if they'd stick something on him that made him ineligible to run in 2024. It's not personal. He's in the way of progress. Take him out of the question and all the second-guessing on the right goes away and attention can be turned toward a viable candidate. The Dems/MSM are going to hatchet job whoever it is, so screw them.

Played right, the Republican't's could leave the Dems looking like Pickett's men at Gettysburg AFTER the charge.