PDA

View Full Version : Bianca Gracia running for Texas Senate

SassyLady
01-16-2022, 06:10 PM
Saw this woman speak this weekend. Very powerful and humorous speaker and I would vote for her if I lived in Texas.

https://www.thethinkingconservative.com/bianca-gracia-for-texas-senate-district-11/

tailfins
01-16-2022, 10:20 PM
Saw this woman speak this weekend. Very powerful and humorous speaker and I would vote for her if I lived in Texas.

https://www.thethinkingconservative.com/bianca-gracia-for-texas-senate-district-11/

It's a 58% GOP district, so if she wins the primary, she wins in November.

Gunny
01-17-2022, 12:11 PM
It's a 58% GOP district, so if she wins the primary, she wins in November.Talk about "Nowhere, Texas" :laugh:

If only the Dems can get those tumbleweeds registered to vote :rolleyes:

tailfins
01-23-2022, 12:00 PM
Talk about "Nowhere, Texas" :laugh:

If only the Dems can get those tumbleweeds registered to vote :rolleyes:

Nowhere, Texas is a pretty darn good place to be if society unravels, especially if you can get good internet.

SassyLady
01-23-2022, 12:10 PM
Nowhere, Texas is a pretty darn good place to be if society unravels, especially if you can get good internet.
Will there be an internet if society unravels?

tailfins
01-23-2022, 01:51 PM
Will there be an internet if society unravels?

Fiber optic cable has little or no value to a scrap dealer. Back when the cables were made of copper, what you would suggest would have been more of a concern.

SassyLady
01-23-2022, 06:32 PM
Fiber optic cable has little or no value to a scrap dealer. Back when the cables were made of copper, what you would suggest would have been more of a concern.

What?

I really don't think there will be an internet if society unravels. Getting on the internet will be the last "concern". Food, shelter and security will be of more concern than fiber optic cable unless it can be converted into ammo.

Gunny
01-24-2022, 11:58 AM
Fiber optic cable has little or no value to a scrap dealer. Back when the cables were made of copper, what you would suggest would have been more of a concern.If society unravels, copper will be worth even more than it is now.

Gunny
01-24-2022, 12:06 PM
What?

I really don't think there will be an internet if society unravels. Getting on the internet will be the last "concern". Food, shelter and security will be of more concern than fiber optic cable unless it can be converted into ammo.Copper can be used for many things. Primarily, it is the best conductor of electricity. Some of us know how to make that work even if the net goes down. It is far too precious a metal and has too may uses to waste on ammunition; when, it isn't required to make a bullet/projectile. Optimum for trajectory and it minimizes fouling in the barrel, but not a necessity.

Copper is in fact a key ingredient in bronze, as in "Bronze Age". Civilizations have been built on it.

I was already stuck in "history mode" from another thread :)

SassyLady
01-25-2022, 01:48 PM
Copper can be used for many things. Primarily, it is the best conductor of electricity. Some of us know how to make that work even if the net goes down. It is far too precious a metal and has too may uses to waste on ammunition; when, it isn't required to make a bullet/projectile. Optimum for trajectory and it minimizes fouling in the barrel, but not a necessity.

Copper is in fact a key ingredient in bronze, as in "Bronze Age". Civilizations have been built on it.

I was already stuck in "history mode" from another thread :)
That was my point. It's not of a primary concern when society collapses. Unless, you have an electrician around!
:coffee: