PDA

View Full Version : Not leading by example

jimnyc
10-02-2007, 08:09 PM
There's been a lot of personal attacks on here lately, and I'm probably one of the worst offenders as of late. My temper has gotten the best of me during some lively debates and I got frustrated and went for the jugular. MFM was right, not very becoming of the board owner.

I don't want to fade away from debating, so I'm going to do my best to take a deep breath before my replies in the debates and try and remain on topic and win where it counts most - with facts and common sense. I hope most of you will take my lead. Have fun with the sarcasm all you like as I think a degree of it is needed to have some personality around here, but things have gotten a bit personal at times and I've embarrassed myself.

My apologies to anyone who might have been offended by my words. It's a message board, and my intent is to "one up" the person I'm sending my message to. But I should know better than to one up them with classless comments. I'll stick to good 'ol fashioned humor, wit and sarcasm if need be, but I'm gonna try hard to leave the attacks out.

LiberalNation
10-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Bets on how long he'll last. I give it a week.

Yurt
10-02-2007, 08:51 PM

You're a phony lib. Someone makes an effort and you effing dash them like that. Where is the supposed lib "compassion" for those that need "help?"

A true person would accept the talk, especially given the owner is not running for any election, and if it did not work out to exactly a "t" then they would still accept and respect the attempt.

IMO, Jim has nothing to apologize for as board owner, maybe an individual poster (haven't seen your posts where I think any apology is needed) :dunno:

This board has in fact become better since it started. Far less calls for banishment from some conservatives and far less trash talk from some libs. However, I notice the libs keep up their attack on the "moderation" of the board. Its as close to moderate as you can get. Go to some lib sites and try posting some right wing stuff and see how long you last. Last I checked, demonundergound had a very strict requirement on even joining the post so you had the effing blessing of posting. So effing what if the mods tend to be conservative, has any lib actually approached the owner and asked to be a mod?

Quit bitching and keep posting.

BoogyMan
10-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Cheers Jim, great sentiments.

manu1959
10-02-2007, 08:57 PM
There's been a lot of personal attacks on here lately, and I'm probably one of the worst offenders as of late. My temper has gotten the best of me during some lively debates and I got frustrated and went for the jugular. MFM was right, not very becoming of the board owner.

I don't want to fade away from debating, so I'm going to do my best to take a deep breath before my replies in the debates and try and remain on topic and win where it counts most - with facts and common sense. I hope most of you will take my lead. Have fun with the sarcasm all you like as I think a degree of it is needed to have some personality around here, but things have gotten a bit personal at times and I've embarrassed myself.

My apologies to anyone who might have been offended by my words. It's a message board, and my intent is to "one up" the person I'm sending my message to. But I should know better than to one up them with classless comments. I'll stick to good 'ol fashioned humor, wit and sarcasm if need be, but I'm gonna try hard to leave the attacks out.

i for one have enjoyed the passion your recents posts have brought to the board......

Sir Evil
10-02-2007, 09:00 PM
You're a phony lib. Someone makes an effort and you effing dash them like that. Where is the supposed lib "compassion" for those that need "help?"

A true person would accept the talk, especially given the owner is not running for any election, and if it did not work out to exactly a "t" then they would still accept and respect the attempt.

IMO, Jim has nothing to apologize for as board owner, maybe an individual poster (haven't seen your posts where I think any apology is needed) :dunno:

This board has in fact become better since it started. Far less calls for banishment from some conservatives and far less trash talk from some libs. However, I notice the libs keep up their attack on the "moderation" of the board. Its as close to moderate as you can get. Go to some lib sites and try posting some right wing stuff and see how long you last. Last I checked, demonundergound had a very strict requirement on even joining the post so you had the effing blessing of posting. So effing what if the mods tend to be conservative, has any lib actually approached the owner and asked to be a mod?

Quit bitching and keep posting.

I dunno Yurt, I think the username says it all, reading her posts says the rest.
Did you expect more? :D

LiberalNation
10-02-2007, 09:06 PM
has any lib actually approached the owner and asked to be a mod?
I would but then me and jim would just kill each other and that wouldn't be pretty for anyone.

Well I never claimed to be lib in the first place. As for commpassion you wont see much from me either.

This isn't the first time jim has made a post like this. That is why I posted what I did. It would be a fun bet.

diuretic
10-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Democratic Underground isn't an open board, it's unashamedly partisan. But that doesn't stop it getting fairly heated at times. I don't post at Free Republic but now and again I see a DU link and check it out. I don't like it much but then that's probably because I don't share the views and values of posters at Free Republic.

There's only one thing wrong with personal attacks all the time. After a while they get a bit, well, boring. But that could be me, I have a short attention sp....oh look, a cookie....

As I was saying, it can get a bit much. But when the amusement begins to fade I sort of glance through the rest of the posts in the thread which are posters :slap: each other and then see if someone else has popped in to get it back on track.

Jim - you can go off, it doesn't matter, long as you don't use your sooper dooper "I Am Zardoz, the Owner of this Universe" powers to punish someone getting up your nose, it's not a problem.

Yurt
10-02-2007, 10:26 PM
I dunno Yurt, I think the username says it all, reading her posts says the rest.
Did you expect more? :D

*hits own head with hammer*

Yurt
10-02-2007, 10:28 PM
I would but then me and jim would just kill each other and that wouldn't be pretty for anyone.

Well I never claimed to be lib in the first place. As for commpassion you wont see much from me either.

This isn't the first time jim has made a post like this. That is why I posted what I did. It would be a fun bet.

Ooooookaaaaaaaaay, LIBeral nation..........

LiberalNation
10-02-2007, 10:30 PM
I chose that username only so people would regonize me by it from other boards.

stephanie
10-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Leading?

I don't need no stinking leading...

Oh never mind..That just popped into my head and I thought it was funny..

Carry on...:coffee:

darin
10-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I chose that username only so people would regonize me by it from other boards.

stop playing coy. You're a Lib. You think we're stoopid, or do you get your rocks off pretending to be a certain way only so you can change it later? You're transparent. :)

82Marine89
10-02-2007, 10:43 PM

In the first paragraph, your actions sounded like that of the democrat party.

In the second paragraph you sound like a pubbie.

In the third paragraph you sound.... Well you don't sound like OCA, that's fer sure. :laugh2:

LiberalNation
10-02-2007, 10:46 PM
stop playing coy. You're a Lib. You think we're stoopid, or do you get your rocks off pretending to be a certain way only so you can change it later? You're transparent. :)
You consider me a lib others consider me a con. I'm whatever the person of the moment wants to label me but don't claim either for myself. As for transparent, yeah i try to be.

People blast the name I chose at other boards cuz they claim I'm not a lib. People blast my name here cuz they don't like libs. It's all subjective.

diuretic
10-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Leading?

I don't need no stinking leading...

Oh never mind..That just popped into my head and I thought it was funny..

Carry on...:coffee:

Batches? Batches? - We don't need no steenking....:laugh2:

diuretic
10-02-2007, 11:15 PM
You consider me a lib others consider me a con. I'm whatever the person of the moment wants to label me but don't claim either for myself. As for transparent, yeah i try to be.

People blast the name I chose at other boards cuz they claim I'm not a lib. People blast my name here cuz they don't like libs. It's all subjective.

No it just means you can't win either way. Don't worry about it, since we should be focusing on the issue rather than the supposed personality or political position nicks are largely irrelevant.

stephanie
10-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Batches? Batches? - We don't need no steenking....:laugh2:

:laugh2::cheers2:

10-03-2007, 02:16 AM
Normally I agree would agree with your post. But lately... there isnt much to debate with people who look at the facts and complain the exact opposite is true.

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Thats low class, I expect more from you.

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2007, 02:49 AM
Jimmy you have an incredibly thankless job. if you never lost your temper, you wouldnt be human. We would think your a robot. Your not a saint, a hero or a doormat my friend, your an average human being, which is just as good or bad as anyone in this world

so please dont get down, or let anyone get you down

you have NOTHING to apologize for.

We should all thank you for taking the thankless job of moding and putting up with US.

for you sir = :clap:

On

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 07:03 AM
I love you too, LN! :)

LiberalNation
10-03-2007, 07:21 AM
:cheers2:

Hey my bet was pretty good. Some I know only gave you 2 days.

diuretic
10-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Normally I agree would agree with your post. But lately... there isnt much to debate with people who look at the facts and complain the exact opposite is true.

Focus on the argument and not the person. Make someone show evidence for their post. Nail them down. If you don't then all of us are going to overwhelmed with bulllshit. Too many of us are into ego protection and not into trying to work out the facts.

But don't get stuck into me :laugh2:

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 07:28 AM
:cheers2:

Hey my bet was pretty good. Some I know only gave you 2 days.

Ok, I'm game, I'll take that bet! What's the ante?

And tell your anonymous buddies I'll give them 3-1 odds if they have the cajones to bet me! :)

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Focus on the argument and not the person. Make someone show evidence for their post. Nail them down.

Well said. That's 'usually' how I like to approach a debate but have lost track at times. I've lost arguments before in flame wars. I've also lost debates based strictly on factual information and ability to lay out a decent argument. It hurts more to be in the latter category.

truthmatters
10-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Focus on the argument and not the person. Make someone show evidence for their post. Nail them down. If you don't then all of us are going to overwhelmed with bulllshit. Too many of us are into ego protection and not into trying to work out the facts.

There is one one component needed and that is to accept a fact when it is presented.

Gunny
10-03-2007, 08:28 AM
There is one one component needed and that is to accept a fact when it is presented.

Prior to posting said "fact," one must possess at least the simple ability to differentiate between fact and opinion.

diuretic
10-03-2007, 08:31 AM
We need a criterion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact-value_distinction

That should provide hours of mirth! :laugh2:

But on a more sober note. I know when I've been bettered.

I sulk :laugh2:

truthmatters
10-03-2007, 08:38 AM
I have had dictionary definitions, encycopdia articles , GAO reports, scientific studies and respected polling places polls denied as fact here.

Can we come up with a list of mutually trusted sources at least?

Gunny
10-03-2007, 08:41 AM
I have had dictionary definitions, encycopdia articles , GAO reports, scientific studies and respected polling places polls denied as fact here.

You have had your speculations, opinions, misquotations and out of context accusations denied here. None of those are mutually trusted, nor accepted.

darin
10-03-2007, 08:41 AM

The problem isn't usually your source - it's that you interpret what your sources say 180 degrees from reality. :)

diuretic
10-03-2007, 08:50 AM

A dictionary definition is fine if you're making a point about semantics ( not "you" but any of us). But it's not evidence of anything other than the fact that a word or phrase has umpteen definitions.

Articles from an encylopaedia are okay but they can be dated.

GAO reports need to be interpreted.

Scientific studies, same.

Polls, same as above,

If they're introduced in context then they will support your argument.

Remember you don't have to get someone to scream "Uncle". Your oppoent will not cede. The reader makes his or her mind up.

diuretic
10-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Oh and if you get an ad hom, scream it out :laugh2:

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 08:55 AM

Yes, not interpretations or rhetoric. A poll of 1000 people out of 300 million citizens doesn't make the statements "fact". Please understand that many of the studies you present are not "fact".

95% of the things you have posted here and claimed as fact just simply aren't. You make take them as fact but that's not my issue, that's yours. Polls are not fact. Studies are not fact. Rhetoric is not fact. Op/ed pieces, columns and blogs are not "fact".

truthmatters
10-03-2007, 09:13 AM
A dictionary definition is fine if you're making a point about semantics ( not "you" but any of us). But it's not evidence of anything other than the fact that a word or phrase has umpteen definitions.

Articles from an encylopaedia are okay but they can be dated.

GAO reports need to be interpreted.

Scientific studies, same.

Polls, same as above,

If they're introduced in context then they will support your argument.

Remember you don't have to get someone to scream "Uncle". Your oppoent will not cede. The reader makes his or her mind up.

I would just like them not to be dismissed off hand because someone doent like their content.

darin
10-03-2007, 09:24 AM
I would just like them not to be dismissed off hand because someone doent like their content.

What if their content isn't true? I don't like not-true things. :)

truthmatters
10-03-2007, 09:39 AM
How do you determine they are not true?

How do you determine the dictionary difinition is not true?

Sir Evil
10-03-2007, 09:41 AM

The quickest determination can be made when one looks at your username. Most that seek the truth often are depending upon others to find it, when they find it let us know. :poke:

truthmatters
10-03-2007, 09:43 AM
There are things which are true and they matter. that is the only meaning of my name.

Sir Evil
10-03-2007, 09:50 AM
There are things which are true and they matter. that is the only meaning of my name.

And that is very admirable of you, now if we can get you to actually speak the truth the admirable part will also go to credible. :D

darin
10-03-2007, 09:55 AM

Because you have a knack for removing data from context, and basing your arguments there. You have a pattern of using Opinion-pieces drafted by talking-heads, and casting all your bets on the information. It's easy. Generally, if you believe something I am skeptical. :)

truthmatters
10-03-2007, 09:56 AM
I just wish people would accept the evidence given them as carrying wieght. In this site it seems that nothing is allowed in as reliable if it doesnt put Bush in a good light.

darin
10-03-2007, 09:58 AM
I just wish people would accept the evidence given them as carrying wieght. In this site it seems that nothing is allowed in as reliable if it doesnt put Bush in a good light.

That's very dishonest of you. Lots of folk criticize our President, here on this board. :-/

:(

truthmatters
10-03-2007, 09:59 AM
That's very dishonest of you. Lots of folk criticize our President, here on this board. :-/

:(

I have only seen the ones who lean left do it here.

I have never had anyone on the right do it when talking to me.

Sir Evil
10-03-2007, 10:00 AM

momma always said that stupid is as stupid does...:lame2:

manu1959
10-03-2007, 10:00 AM

i thought the truth mattered to you?

darin
10-03-2007, 10:12 AM
I have only seen the ones who lean left do it here.

You're just not being honest now.

I have never had anyone on the right do it when talking to me.

Because when conservatives or centrists "talk" to you, we waste our time trying to help you define what "Is" is, and stuff. You get lost in the weeds - the very basic facts seem to be read by you through lie-colored glasses. :-/

Until we can establish in your mind a baseline of objectivity, you'll only see what you WANT to see.

:)

truthmatters
10-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Everytime I post something here people insist its not true no matter what my source is. That is the truth.

darin
10-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Everytime I post something here people insist its not true no matter what my source is. That is the truth.

Maybe your sources are crappy. :) Maybe it IS you? :)

Again, when you post stuff here it's generally in on of two categories.

The first is "Crappy Source". The second is "Good source, but crappy interpretation of what you're reading."

:)

truthmatters
10-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Is a congressional report a shitty source?

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Is a congressional report a shitty source?

No, but your interpretation of said report before a full investigation is complete is nothing short of dishonest. There likely are a few bad eggs within BW but you want to make it sound as if they are terrorists, while the overwhelming majority of them are doing an outstanding job in the face of one of the most volatile place on earth at times.

LiberalNation
10-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Blah, blah, blah. Back to the betting how much you want to put on it.

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Blah, blah, blah. Back to the betting how much you want to put on it.

I'll place $10 on it in a heartbeat, and give you $20 if I lose. You can monitor every post of mine for the next 7 days. Care to backup your suspicions?

LiberalNation
10-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Okay but raise it to two weeks since you have incentive now and need time to slip up. Then we need a difinition of what an "attack" is. Everyone see's such things different.

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Okay but raise it to two weeks since you have incentive now and need time to slip up. Then we need a difinition of what an "attack" is. Everyone see's such things different.

Ok, 14 days.

And this thread was about "personal attacks".

I still reserve the right to be witty and sarcastic, but overt personal attacks are off limits. No making fun of family members, no telling someone to "fuck off" or stick their whatever up their ass... Comments remain related to topic, and sarcasm remains related to users direct comments in thread.

Hell, I'll even let Diuretic, John Doe & Dan (3 board liberals) determine if something is considered a "personal attack" should there be a dispute!

dan
10-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Someone should add a stipulation that LN cannot go out of her way to make posts clearly trying to incite Jim.

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Someone should add a stipulation that LN cannot go out of her way to make posts clearly trying to incite Jim.

While I see what you're aiming at, I don't even think that would work. I'm completely capable of remaining calm in my debates, even when the adversary gets out of line - and especially if I get some $$ for doing so! LOL

LiberalNation
10-03-2007, 10:46 AM
No way, I'm gona ride his ass the entire time.

darin
10-03-2007, 10:50 AM

Tease.

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 10:50 AM

You dirty woman, I knew you wanted to get it with me! :laugh2:

LiberalNation
10-03-2007, 10:52 AM
:wink2: :gay:

Sure but it'll cost ya more than $20.

LiberalNation
10-03-2007, 10:55 AM
On a side note, I've got neg repped by DP and SIr Evil both in this thread. Your boy toys are all over this one.

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 10:57 AM
On a side note, I've got neg repped by DP and SIr Evil both in this thread. Your boy toys are all over this one.

Can't help ya there, they're entitled to their beliefs as to what is deserving of a neg rep or pos rep.

So, we on for our bet?

Abbey Marie
10-03-2007, 10:57 AM
The problem isn't usually your source - it's that you interpret what your sources say 180 degrees from reality. :)

I know as I type this that it won't make a whit of difference to you, but I'm an optomist so here goes: Matters, D hit it squarely on the head here. Sometimes it's the source, but not usually. Think about it, toots. ;>)

LiberalNation
10-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Sure I said we were didn't I. And wasn't asking you to stop it just commenting.

manu1959
10-03-2007, 10:59 AM

thought discussing this was a violation of board rules.....

LiberalNation
10-03-2007, 10:59 AM
I didn't say what they said/their comments. That's what's private. Like saying I got a pm from jim would be fine long as I didn't say what they pm said.

darin
10-03-2007, 11:00 AM

Stop whining.

Abbey Marie
Looks like it's gonna be a very boring two weeks around here. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
Sure I said we were didn't I.

Cool, I'll be sure to remind you to pay up on Oct. 17th at Noon EST exactly! :)

Sir Evil

http://i20.tinypic.com/2yl73ag.jpg

Abbey Marie
I didn't say what they said/their comments. That's what's private. Like saying I got a pm from jim would be fine long as I didn't say what they pm said.

When it comes to rep, saying it's negative says it all.

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 11:01 AM

Nah, just gotta watch what I type and be a little more creative! I can still be a true bundle of joy without getting personal! LOL

Abbey Marie
10-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Nah, just gotta watch what I type and be a little more creative! I can still be a true bundle of joy without getting personal! LOL

Skeptical me. :laugh2:

10-03-2007, 11:36 AM

like i said it really doesnt matter when they look at the evidence, the only evidence and start claiming the exact opposite of what is said and shown is true. They dont have any evidence to support themselves. They are just lying and know it.

Roomy
10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
I think Bush is a cabbage:salute:

OCA
10-03-2007, 02:32 PM
In the first paragraph, your actions sounded like that of the democrat party.

In the second paragraph you sound like a pubbie.

In the third paragraph you sound.... Well you don't sound like OCA, that's fer sure. :laugh2:

My reputation precedes me:laugh2:

There can only be on sherrif in town!

OCA
10-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Thats low class, I expect more from you.

Acts give up your "i'm classier than everyone else" routine, its fucking lame.

OCA
10-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Maybe it IS you?

It absolutely is her.

OCA
10-03-2007, 02:40 PM
While I see what you're aiming at, I don't even think that would work. I'm completely capable of remaining calm in my debates, even when the adversary gets out of line - and especially if I get some $$ for doing so! LOL

You are one gullible sumbitch if you think LN will not dispute the results and that she WILL pay you.

Jimmy this is the stupidest shit ever, she's playing a child's game..........well she is just a child.

OCA
10-03-2007, 02:43 PM

Uhh no its not, i'm perfectly capable and absolutely willing to take up James' slack in the derogatory comments category.:coffee:

I'll monitor his and LN's interaction the give a rough translation of James' replies to her.

Abbey Marie
10-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Uhh no its not, i'm perfectly capable and absolutely willing to take up James' slack in the derogatory comments category.:coffee:

I'll monitor his and LN's interaction the give a rough translation of James' replies to her.

Well, that will perk things up!

http://users.telenet.be/honeybee1/pc_springen.gif

Joan
10-03-2007, 02:46 PM
OCA - you are beginning to work my last nerve. I know more cuss words than you'll ever know, but I'm too much of a lady to resort to using them on this board. Now, when you start picking on my baby, you are in deep doo-doo with me!

As for you Jim, the last time you were a bundle o joy was the day I brought you home from the hospital!

Sir Evil
10-03-2007, 02:56 PM
OCA - you are beginning to work my last nerve. I know more cuss words than you'll ever know, but I'm too much of a lady to resort to using them on this board. Now, when you start picking on my baby, you are in deep doo-doo with me!

As for you Jim, the last time you were a bundle o joy was the day I brought you home from the hospital!

Umm, I think he was defending that bundle of joy...:poke:

OCA
10-03-2007, 02:58 PM

I'm not picking on him maam, I love him like one of my own dogs, even give him a milkbone daily.:laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2007, 02:58 PM
NO I wont :poke: so deal with it. :slap:

Acts give up your "i'm classier than everyone else" routine, its fucking lame.

OCA
10-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Umm, I think he was defending that bundle of joy...:poke:

Correct, but i'm not gonna say that to your momma, I like her and i'm skeered of her at the same time.

OCA
10-03-2007, 03:00 PM
NO I wont :poke: so deal with it. :slap:

Well since you can't debate i'll leave you with that routine to play around with.

Hell i'll even help you debate if you tell me you can count cards.

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Nice try, talking about my mother, using that to try and bait me. Nice try, not gonna happen.

Again your actions prove my words, i.e. that you are of low character and low class.

Other then that, I wont let you make me angry

Have a nice day brother

:salute:

Correct, but i'm not gonna say that to your momma, I like her and i'm skeered of her at the same time.

Abbey Marie
10-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Nice try, talking about my mother, using that to try and bait me. Nice try, not gonna happen.

Again your actions prove my words, i.e. that you are of low character and low class.

Have a nice day brother

Martin, he was talkng about Jim's mom. :)

OCA
10-03-2007, 03:05 PM

Have a nice day brother

You stupid fucking retard, go back and read who thats about and who I quoted.

You make fucking Brittney Spears look like an MIT engineering graduate.

Sir Evil
10-03-2007, 03:06 PM

:laugh2:

momma gonna knock you out, then again probably me too. She scares me as well.

Abbey Marie
10-03-2007, 03:07 PM

momma gonna knock you out, then again probably me too. She scares me as well.

Not me- we girls understand each other.

(right Joan?)

Sir Evil
10-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Not me- we girls understand each other.

(right Joan?)

Oh boy, I can hear it now, "Who's that Abbey girl, she's so nice, why can't everyone be like her" and then in my slightly demented thoughts the visions of throwing momma from the train overtake sensibility, I start to get that crazy twitch, and bam! she will sneek me from behind with a slap to the head saying "think you are real funny dontcha" :uhoh: yep, the obvious has happened.:cuckoo:

Abbey Marie
10-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh boy, I can hear it now, "Who's that Abbey girl, she's so nice, why can't everyone be like her" and then in my slightly demented thoughts the visions of throwing momma from the train overtake sensibility, I start to get that crazy twitch, and bam! she will sneek me from behind with a slap to the head saying "think you are real funny dontcha" :uhoh: yep, the obvious has happened.:cuckoo:

Hmm... Perhaps that was my plan all long. :insert evil laugh here:

And apropos of nothing, I just wanted to say... Go Jints!

Joan
10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Okay OCA, I give! Thought you were talking about Jim. Now I know cuss words in every Language except Greek, but I will look some up just for you!

As for Sir Evil - remember this, I brought you into this world, and I'm quite capable of taking you out!!

And I already know Abbey - so BITE ME!

OCA
10-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Okay OCA, I give! Thought you were talking about Jim. Now I know cuss words in every Language except Greek, but I will look some up just for you!

As for Sir Evil - remember this, I brought you into this world, and I'm quite capable of taking you out!!

And I already know Abbey - so BITE ME!

If you have a thick North Jersey accent they should sound great!

No need to look some up, just ask, i've known most since about the age of 11when my old man would regularly berate me..........in a loving manner of course.:laugh2:

LiberalNation
10-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Stop whining.
WHy would I wana do that considering it's something I quite enjoy.

jimnyc
10-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Cool, I'll be sure to remind you to pay up on Oct. 17th at Noon EST exactly! :)

5 more days to go!

I have a lot of pent up anger and quite a few things to say once I win the bet! :laugh2:

LiberalNation
10-12-2007, 04:28 PM
WHy not start now, you done already lost.

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 10:52 AM
WHy not start now, you done already lost.

Sorry, not even close. You officially lose your bet in 8 minutes from now and I expect you'll remain true to your word and send along your payment.

Immanuel
10-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Sorry, not even close. You officially lose your bet in 8 minutes from now and I expect you'll remain true to your word and send along your payment.

Does this mean it is about to get real nasty on this board for a while?

Should I bring my filtered glasses to the computer so that I don't see all those insults that are about to start hitting the www?

I take it you won, jimnyc. I've only been here for part of the bet, but I don't recall any personal attacks. In fact, I was thinking all those pm's about you were nothing but lies... then I found this thread this afternoon. Hmm, maybe not.

Immie

PS... I'm only teasing about the pms. Don't ban me.

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 12:57 PM
In fact, I was thinking all those pm's about you were nothing but lies...

I'm sure there's probably some truth to that. Even LN stated "Some I know only gave you 2 days" in the beginning of this thread. Looks like the anonymous bungholes lost as well!

OCA
10-17-2007, 02:15 PM

You'll never get paid my friend.

actsnoblemartin
10-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I trust you as far as i can throw you :lol:

You'll never get paid my friend.

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 04:12 PM
So tell us, LN, are you going to pay the piper?

typomaniac
10-17-2007, 04:27 PM
So effing what if the mods tend to be conservative, has any lib actually approached the owner and asked to be a mod?

Whether they have or not isn't the point, Yurt. The day that Jim appoints a liberal to the DP staff is the day that donkeys fly out of his bunghole.

And, just to back up my claim, I am officially volunteering for "DP Staff" moderator status. My offer stands for as long as it takes until Jim gives up the board or appoints me. Trust me, the latter isn't gonna happen.

But I'll wait - and be ready to answer the call if it comes. :salute:

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Whether they have or not isn't the point, Yurt. The day that Jim appoints a liberal to the DP staff is the day that donkeys fly out of his bunghole.

Considering a liberal has been a moderator of this very board before, you now look very foolish!

And, just to back up my claim, I am officially volunteering for "DP Staff" moderator status. My offer stands for as long as it takes until Jim gives up the board or appoints me. Trust me, the latter isn't gonna happen.

Hold your breath, I'll let you know when I need your assistance!

darin
10-17-2007, 05:09 PM
If we need another moderator, My wife gets the job. :)

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 05:12 PM
If we need another moderator, My wife gets the job. :)

Is Mary a flaming liberal that will meet Typo's standards? :laugh2:

shattered
10-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Pfft. And I thought I was the next Mod...

typomaniac
10-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Considering a liberal has been a moderator of this very board before, you now look very foolish!
How could I look foolish if it happened before my time? :poke:

Hold your breath, I'll let you know when I need your assistance!
You mean like this?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/dpeyton/liar.jpg

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 05:29 PM
How could I look foolish if it happened before my time? :poke:

Maybe you should keep that in mind then before making comments you really know nothing about. Not my fault you didn't know the truth before trying to make me look bad.

You mean like this?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/dpeyton/liar.jpg

Yes, just like that. Now keep holding until I get back to you! :)

LiberalNation
10-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Yeah and you all ran that one liberal mod off so it doesn't mean much.

LiberalNation
10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
So tell us, LN, are you going to pay the piper?

I don't know, has he attacked any one ya'll.

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 07:36 PM

Wrong as usual. You haven't benefit of the facts from behind the scene. But I will say that I will not unban someone at the DEMAND of a moderator. I'll do so when I believe it's warranted. If a mod decides to leave because of that decision, that is NOT running them off.

I don't know, has he attacked any one ya'll.

Lots and lots of sarcasm. Lots of little jabs and lots of fun. But no personal attacks as described in our pre-bet rules.

I'll tell you what, take the time and go over the past 2 weeks worth of my posts. Admit that I didn't go "over the line" and give credit where it's due and I'll call it even. Can you be a good sport about it?

OCA
10-17-2007, 07:56 PM
I trust you as far as i can throw you :lol:

You don't even have a clue as to what we are talking about you fucking retard, go back to making weird sounds as you wander the mall aimlessly.

OCA
10-17-2007, 07:58 PM

You are a fucking jackoff, does the name Jillian mean anything to you? Huge friggin liberal, appointed to staff from the very beginning here back when I was on staff, dumber broad and bigger egoist you never saw, team to her was spelled all with "I".

So IOW there has already been libs on staff, even at USMB, look up DK Suddeth.

LiberalNation
10-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Which were all ran off or left if you will which still doesn't make your case.

OCA
10-17-2007, 08:00 PM

She ran herself off, totally 100% the dumb bitch's fault.

You don't have a fucking clue about internal board politics, why do you think you do?

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 08:02 PM

NONE were ran off. NONE were able to be a part of a team. THAT's the case!

Now, where's my payment?

OCA
10-17-2007, 08:02 PM

Like I said, you have no fucking clue about what happened behind the scenes, until you do shut your clam licking piehole, stupid fucking kid.

LiberalNation
10-17-2007, 08:03 PM
You don't have a fucking clue about internal board politics, why do you think you do?

You don't have a fuckig clue about anything, why do you think you do.

OCA
10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
NONE were ran off. NONE were able to be a part of a team. THAT's the case!

Now, where's my payment?

Thats right and i'm thinking of dropping the whole sorted story of her and DK right now, I think at least I still got her pm's and damaging posts in a file somewhere and for chrissakes I know more about ol'DK and looney tune KL...........all straight from their own two mouths.

LiberalNation
10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
NONE were able to be a part of a team. THAT's the case!

None kissed your ass enough and gasp would stick up for the libs which the rest of you are bias against. Okay whateva boy.

LiberalNation
10-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Now, where's my payment?I haven't looked to see if you actually won yet. If you have you'll get it.

OCA
10-17-2007, 08:08 PM

You don't have a fuckig clue about anything, why do you think you do.

Listen kid, I can tell you that i've forgotten more behind the scenes shit and actual reasons about why things happened then you could ever hope of knowing, all you have is supposition and rumour. Don't think I do? Try me.

OCA
10-17-2007, 08:11 PM
None kissed your ass enough and gasp would stick up for the libs which the rest of you are bias against. Okay whateva boy.

As I previously stated, completely fucking ignorant, not even in the ballpark.

Jillian threw fellow mods under the bus on the public forums, she was also feeding a certain ex-member private info., but libs do that type of shit so it should've been expected.

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 08:49 PM
I haven't looked to see if you actually won yet. If you have you'll get it.

I believe the bet ended at noon today. Not my fault that you haven't kept up. Never figured you for a welsher.

LiberalNation
10-17-2007, 08:50 PM
What in the hell is a welsher? Never heard of it before.

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 08:53 PM

Someone who doesn't own up and pay their debts after they lose a bet.

OCA
10-17-2007, 09:00 PM

Just like you don't know about board politics.

OCA
10-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Someone who doesn't own up and pay their debts after they lose a bet.

Hey dumbass, just FYI its welcher!:finger3:

jimnyc
10-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey dumbass, just FYI its welcher!:finger3:

Sorry my greek swami friend:

Welsh:

verb (used without object) Informal: Sometimes Offensive. <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">1.</td><td valign="top">to cheat by failing to pay a gambling debt: You aren't going to welsh on me, are you? </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">2.</td><td valign="top">to go back on one's word: He welshed on his promise to help in the campaign.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Immanuel
10-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Sorry my greek swami friend:

Welsh:

verb (used without object) Informal: Sometimes Offensive. <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">1.</td><td valign="top">to cheat by failing to pay a gambling debt: You aren't going to welsh on me, are you? </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">2.</td><td valign="top">to go back on one's word: He welshed on his promise to help in the campaign.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Yeah, but catch that last part too:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/welsh

Also, Welch

Abbey Marie
10-18-2007, 12:03 PM
OCA, I've always seen it spelled "welcher" too. :salute:

Abbey Marie
10-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Lordy, do we have yet another "Mods are biased" Admins are biased" thread going? And started by the usual suspects, lol.

Maybe we should make it easier on folks and have a template they can use to complain. Why should they have to reinvent the wheel every month or so when they feel the inevitable itch to complain about bias?

It can go like this...

I, (insert screen name here) wish to complain publicly about the following:

1. There is a conservative bias by the (circle one)
A. Mods B. Admins C. Both D. The whole board.

2. You never have liberal mods.

3. If you ever did have liberal mods, they were run off by the unfair Admins (see Number 1 above).

4. The rep system is unfair.

5. It's all dmp's fault.

6. All of the above.

Did I miss anything?

Immanuel
10-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Lordy, do we have yet another "Mods are biased" Admins are biased" thread going? And started by the usual suspects, lol.

Maybe we should make it easier on folks and have a template they can use to complain. Why should they have to reinvent the wheel every month or so when they feel the inevitable itch to complain about bias?

It can go like this...

3. If you ever did have liberal mods, they were run off by the unfair Admins (see Number 1 above).

5. It's all dmp's fault.

6. All of the above.

Did I miss anything?

Yes...

6. I should be/want to be a mod. I woud be fair and balanced. :laugh2:

7. All of the above.

Immie

Abbey Marie
10-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Yes...

6. I should be/want to be a mod. I woud be fair and balanced. :laugh2:

7. All of the above.

Immie

Good addition, Immie. :D

Sir Evil
10-18-2007, 12:20 PM

It can go like this...

5. It's all dmp's fault.

6. All of the above.

Did I miss anything?

Those are always the ones caught backtracking on their original statements, then they are exposed, then they vehemently argue otherwise, finally crying foul because we are hatred people. Yep, there are a couple good ones here with that game. :laugh2: