PDA

View Full Version : Take Rush Limbaugh Off Armed Forces Radio

stephanie
10-02-2007, 08:26 PM
This right here is the real objective of this Media Matters and Democrat attacks..They don't want the military to be able to listen to Rush. And look who is leading the charge..your own Gen. Clark..How's that for your Democrat Party...Now can we question their patriotism??
F%%king Losers...

Posted October 2, 2007 | 03:02 PM (EST)

Last week, Rush Limbaugh labeled any American soldier who supports an end to the war in Iraq as "phony." We challenged Limbaugh through an email campaign to invite VoteVets.org's Jon Soltz to his show and repeat these same insults to an Iraq war veteran's face. Over 10,000 people responded and emailed Rush -- but to our disappointment, he has refused to respond to our request.

It's time to put real pressure on Rush Limbaugh. His show is broadcast on Armed Forces Radio, and this time we are going to go straight to the lifeblood of Rush's show -- Congress. Congress has the power to remove Rush Limbaugh from Armed Forces Radio, and it won't be as easy for elected officials to ignore our call.

Tax dollars are used to fund Armed Forces Radio, and that money is not intended for radio show hosts to spout insults at our soldiers. These "phony soldiers" have simply exercised their right to free speech, as Rush Limbaugh does on a daily basis. Simply because a majority of our troops who return from Iraq disagree with Rush on Bush's failed war policy does not give him the right to dishonor their service.

Unlike Rush Limbaugh, members of Congress cannot casually brush off the concerns of citizens. Since Rush won't listen to us, we're going directly to Congress, who can prevent him from disrespecting and censoring the voices of our soldiers.

How have Republicans in Congress chosen to respond so far? Congressional Republicans have actually drafted a resolution supporting Rush Limbaugh, "commending [his] relentless efforts to build and maintain troop morale through worldwide radio broadcasts and personal visits to conflict regions."

That's outrageous. Rush Limbaugh's "phony soldiers" comment should not be commended -- it should be condemned. And it's time to tell Congress to act swiftly to hold Rush Limbaugh accountable.

Click here to hold Rush Limbaugh accountable for his offensive and outrageous comments -- tell your members of Congress to take Rush off Armed Forces Radio today!

Our armed forces have served us honorably in Iraq, and the least we can do is respectfully listen to what they have to say about their experiences and perspectives on the war. To question the sincerity of our "phony" troops is disgraceful and must end.

Thank you for speaking out.

some comments at the huff post..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gen-wesley-clark/take-rush-limbaugh-off-ar_b_66826.html?load=1&page=2#comments

hjmick
10-02-2007, 09:08 PM
What is and isn't heard on Armed Forces Radio should, in my opinion, be decided by the men and women on active duty, at home and abroad.

chesswarsnow
10-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. If I were Rush I would sue the bastards!:fu:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

KarlMarx
10-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. If I were Rush I would sue the bastards!:fu:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Yes, I absolutely agree. Senators Harry Reid, Tom Harkin, Barak Obama and Hillary Clinton should be two co-defendents as well. They are deliberately misrepresenting what Rush Limbaugh said by taking the "phony soldiers" comment out of context.

As I said before, I heard the broadcast with the "phony soldiers" comment. He was not referring to soldiers opposed to the war but to people who did not serve in the military and claimed to have been stationed in Iraq/Afghanistan and witnessed atrocities.

P.S. Hillary Clinton condemning Rush Limbaugh, what an insult. The woman is shameless. Rush Limbaugh has done more for the military than that carpet bagging whore. The only reason she's doing that is to position herself for President. She'd crawl through a sewer to become President.

10-03-2007, 02:56 AM
I think we should organize a push to allow all three hours of Rush to be on Armed Force Radio. That way the troops have the freedom to choose to listen to it all if they want.

In fact, if the left is being honest about what Rush is saying youd think they would help put Rush on the Armed Force Radio for all three hours. After all if Rush is attacking the troops and the troops here it wouldnt that help Democrats?

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2007, 03:00 AM
very wise words my friend. Its a shame that americans most corrupt and morally bankrupt are in the senate now, and the best and brightest are shut out of politics.

obama, and other dems who lied, should be sued for slander and libel

Yes, I absolutely agree. Senators Harry Reid, Tom Harkin, Barak Obama and Hillary Clinton should be two co-defendents as well. They are deliberately misrepresenting what Rush Limbaugh said by taking the "phony soldiers" comment out of context.

As I said before, I heard the broadcast with the "phony soldiers" comment. He was not referring to soldiers opposed to the war but to people who did not serve in the military and claimed to have been stationed in Iraq/Afghanistan and witnessed atrocities.

P.S. Hillary Clinton condemning Rush Limbaugh, what an insult. The woman is shameless. Rush Limbaugh has done more for the military than that carpet bagging whore. The only reason she's doing that is to position herself for President. She'd crawl through a sewer to become President.

Gunny
10-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Doesn't it seem odd that the usual "free speech" crowd is silent while the Senate of the Congress of the United States spends our tax dollars attacking a radio personality for what he said?

Who's next?

KarlMarx
10-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Doesn't it seem odd that the usual "free speech" crowd is silent while the Senate of the Congress of the United States spends our tax dollars attacking a radio personality for what he said?

Who's next?
The do nothing Congress.... they are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

tell you what... I'll bet if the entire Congress dropped dead today that we could replace them all with the residents of the Washington, D.C. zoo's monkey house. Not only that, they'd probably get a balanced budget, win the war on terror, fix Social Security ... etc etc etc

red states rule
10-03-2007, 01:47 PM
I would like to see apoll of the troops who they would rather have on their side - Rush who has sttod by the troops

Or Reid, Durbin, Kerrry, or Kennedy who HAVE smeared the troops on several occassions

AFbombloader
10-03-2007, 05:53 PM
I would like to see apoll of the troops who they would rather have on their side - Rush who has sttod by the troops

Or Reid, Durbin, Kerrry, or Kennedy who HAVE smeared the troops on several occassions

I am a troop and I vote for Rush.

AF:salute:

red states rule
10-03-2007, 05:54 PM
I am a troop and I vote for Rush.

AF:salute:

Most of the military votes Republican. Which may be why the kook left shows so much disrespect to them

PostmodernProphet
10-03-2007, 09:25 PM
I think there is a place on Rush's site where you can donate a podcast for a soldier.....good insurance plan....