PDA

View Full Version : I Remember Afghanistan

Kathianne
01-22-2022, 02:53 PM
Here we go:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-embassy-personnel-family-in-ukraine-ordered-begin-evacuating-officials

Gunny
01-22-2022, 03:07 PM
Here we go:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-embassy-personnel-family-in-ukraine-ordered-begin-evacuating-officialsOverreaction? The situation in Ukraine is nothing like Afghanistan. Except that Biden has already mailed in his intent to do nothing :rolleyes:

I don't see the people nor government of Ukraine rolling over for Putin the way our puppet government in name only in Afghanistan rolled over for the Taliban.

Kathianne
01-22-2022, 03:12 PM
Overreaction? The situation in Ukraine is nothing like Afghanistan. Except that Biden has already mailed in his intent to do nothing :rolleyes:

I don't see the people nor government of Ukraine rolling over for Putin the way our puppet government in name only in Afghanistan rolled over for the Taliban.

He's not going to leave Americans behind again. Lol! Honestly not sure how bad 3 more years can be.

Gunny
01-22-2022, 04:22 PM
He's not going to leave Americans behind again. Lol! Honestly not sure how bad 3 more years can be.Sure he's not. Predictable American and definitely Democrat and definitely a loser named Biden. Only thing Afghanistan and Ukraine have in common is Biden is ready to run at the first sign of a fight.

How much worse can the next 3 years get? China's not even involved in this but you can bet they're watching and thinking about Taiwan and everything else they claim in the Pacific.

We could be looking at the lead-up to the next World War, and as usual, we're unprepared and Europe and the Pacific will take a beating until we get out shit together.

BoogyMan
01-22-2022, 06:47 PM
It could be coincidence but they trotted out that little Vindman potato-head today to talk up a European war on scale of WWII.

Gunny
01-22-2022, 07:42 PM
It could be coincidence but they trotted out that little Vindman potato-head today to talk up a European war on scale of WWII.I'm considering the source and not holding it against you :)

I'm not on the Truthless Network trying to make myself relevant selling someone else's work as my own. He is :)

Kathianne
01-22-2022, 09:49 PM
Germany gets it:
https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2022/01/22/is-putin-bluffing-in-ukraine-n1551455

BoogyMan
01-22-2022, 09:51 PM
Much appreciated (I think LOL) I don't watch that cesspool either, it came across my news aggregator today with one of those grab you by the booboo headlines.

I'm considering the source and not holding it against you :)

I'm not on the Truthless Network trying to make myself relevant selling someone else's work as my own. He is :)

BoogyMan
01-22-2022, 09:55 PM
This is an interesting turn of events. Russia, Ukraine, France, and Germany will be holding talks without US input this week.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-russia-ukraine-france-germany-talks-eastern-ukraine-without-us

Kathianne
01-23-2022, 01:29 AM
This is an interesting turn of events. Russia, Ukraine, France, and Germany will be holding talks without US input this week.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-russia-ukraine-france-germany-talks-eastern-ukraine-without-us
Maybe we'll all get lucky. As if Biden isn't doing enough on his own, Putin would love to see the US unravel faster prestige wise. Europe probably wouldn't mind either.

revelarts
01-23-2022, 10:05 AM
CIA USA support of the anti-Soviet/Russian warriors what could go wrong.

(Yes Yes the Ukrainian "Freedom Fighters" aren't muslims (mostly) and there are just a few NAZIs among them.)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJy3RUOWQAcv64D?format=jpg&name=900x900

Gunny
01-23-2022, 11:05 AM
Germany gets it:
https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2022/01/22/is-putin-bluffing-in-ukraine-n1551455Good article. Nice to see at least someone else make mention of China's Belt and Road program. Rather nonsensical term for absorbing Nations through their economies.

While we're throwing out wild cards, what about Erdogan and Turkey? Turkey has made a career (literally) out of kissing both sides asses but committing to none. IF Russia moves militarily and NATO responds, does Turkey honor it's NATO commitment? Tempting to look short-term at being next door to Russia and a bridge to Iran and fill one's empty head with delusions of grandeur.

Or, does someone introduce oxygen into that dumb Turk's head and point out the fact that if Russia takes and manages to hold Ukraine, which country would be next on a list of consolidating one's empire? Turkey stands out like a sore thumb. Let me guess ... Putin would give assurances to Erdogan :rolleyes:

Smartest thing these countries have done since 2014 is hold talks without the US. Double down on that "smartest thing" since last Jan.

While Russia and Europe may disagree, my biggest takeaway from this is the US doesn't have its shit together and has no place on the World stage at this point in time given current (lack of) leadership. For all the solutions the Dems have to offer for everything that doesn't need fixing, not one mention of fixing our own shit so it's functional.

Gunny
01-23-2022, 11:14 AM
CIA USA support of the anti-Soviet/Russian warriors what could go wrong.

(Yes Yes the Ukrainian "Freedom Fighters" aren't muslims (mostly) and there are just a few NAZIs among them.)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJy3RUOWQAcv64D?format=jpg&name=900x900

Situations have little to nothing in common, as previously stated. Based on your implication with commentary such as this, no one would ever act on anything for fear of what might happen in the future. When Carter committed the CIA to running arms to the muhajadeen across the Pakistan-Afghanistan border, OBL was a soldier fighting Soviet invasion. There was no taliban, no hating the US, no attacks on the WTC in 1979.

In case you weren't around and missed it, the collective, National mindset in the US from the 50s-80s was stop communism when and wherever, even if it made no sense and wasn't worth the price, in hindsight, by Monday morning QBs such as yourself.

Rather than making apples n oranges comparisons out of context, I'd rather address something real: our government at this point stands for nothing more than "The Next 4 Years". Probably ought to get our shit together before we go telling others how to run their households.

revelarts
01-23-2022, 01:57 PM
Situations have little to nothing in common, as previously stated. Based on your implication with commentary such as this, no one would ever act on anything for fear of what might happen in the future. When Carter committed the CIA to running arms to the muhajadeen across the Pakistan-Afghanistan border, OBL was a soldier fighting Soviet invasion. There was no taliban, no hating the US, no attacks on the WTC in 1979.

what was that bit about Iran .. in the 1970s80s.. Muslim take over.. America the great satan... ? nothing to worry about at all back then. I remember right?

OBL was a CIA asest... with muhajadeen... muslim brotherhood too i beleive.
muhajadeen were muslim radicals that became Alquida. same people different name
But hey balckwater changed their name to XE... so they are totally different now. Kentucky fried Chicken is now KFC... so I get your point

In case you weren't around and missed it, the collective, National mindset in the US from the 50s-80s was stop communism when and wherever, even if it made no sense and wasn't worth the price, in hindsight, by Monday morning QBs such as yourself.
"collective, National mindset in the US "
collective mindset of the Military industrial complex and the intel agencies... and right wing hyperventalting yes.

Rather than making apples n oranges comparisons out of context, I'd rather address something real: our government at this point stands for nothing more than "The Next 4 Years". Probably ought to get our shit together before we go telling others how to run their households.

Afghanistan a nation we have no real ties too but we want to use to weaken and contain Russia
Ukraine a nation we have no real ties too but we want to use to weaken and contain Russia

Afghanistan a nation we have no real ties too but we want to arm against Russia
Ukraine a nation we have no real ties too but we want to arm against Russia

Afghanistan a nation we have no real ties too but we want to control the ideologically sketchy leaders and supply sketchy fighters with $$$ aid and training against Russia
Ukraine a nation we have no real ties too but we want to control the ideologically sketchy leaders and supply sketchy fighters with $$$ aid and training against Russia

Nothing similar at all.
Why would anyone make any comparisons?
It's TOTALLY different.
:rolleyes:

Gunny
01-23-2022, 03:55 PM
what was that bit about Iran .. in the 1970s80s.. Muslim take over.. America the great satan... ? nothing to worry about at all back then. I remember right?

OBL was a CIA asest... with muhajadeen... muslim brotherhood too i beleive.
muhajadeen were muslim radicals that became Alquida. same people different name
But hey balckwater changed their name to XE... so they are totally different now. Kentucky fried Chicken is now KFC... so I get your point

"collective, National mindset in the US "
collective mindset of the Military industrial complex and the intel agencies... and right wing hyperventalting yes.

Afghanistan a nation we have no real ties too but we want to use to weaken and contain Russia
Ukraine a nation we have no real ties too but we want to use to weaken and contain Russia

Afghanistan a nation we have no real ties too but we want to arm against Russia
Ukraine a nation we have no real ties too but we want to arm against Russia

Afghanistan a nation we have no real ties too but we want to control the ideologically sketchy leaders and supply sketchy fighters with $$$ aid and training against Russia
Ukraine a nation we have no real ties too but we want to control the ideologically sketchy leaders and supply sketchy fighters with $$$ aid and training against Russia

Nothing similar at all.
Why would anyone make any comparisons?
It's TOTALLY different.

You obviously DON'T "remember". Iran was a BIG issue starting in 1979 and has been. Unless you have a plan for subjugating and occupying a nation the size of Iran for the rest of time, you don't know what you're talking about. Try selling THAT commitment to a Nation (the US) that demands instant gratification and the left always feels sorry for the bad guys.

OBL was fighting with the muhajadeen in 1979. The muhajadeen was not any kind of Muslim brotherhood. They were tribal chieftans and their people fighting for their land, not radical muslims. There's no "same people" nothing. There's a BIG difference between fighting for one's own land and attacking anyone that holds a different religious belief and declaring some BS jihad against them all.

You're out of context "stuff" is dishonest. Afghanistan was run by the Taliban, not OBL. Radical Muslims who moved into the vacuum left by the Soviet withdrawal. If the Taliban absorbed some of the muhajadeen it was after the fact and circumstantial, not some pre-planned BS.

al Quaeda is OBL's radical sunni group that was formed to fight the Iranian shia. The taliban harbored OBL after 9/11 for whatever reason, and got their asses kicked for it. These groups only tie together at all because the West and the US specifically exists. If the West wasn't around they'd be killing someone else and/or in the end, the war rages on in a dozen places between sunni and shia.

The US tie to Afghanistan was the Taliban harboring bin Laden. Should have pulled out after we killed him, but one part of history the left learned after Vietnam: the monotonous drone of "We support the troops" and if anyone's going to suggest leaving anywhere, it's going to be a Republican't which Trump provided for them.

The US's tie to Ukraine is our European alliance(s) and stance on democracy. We're still stuck in the "Russia/commies - bad" mindset. None of your wishful thinking or trying to blame the US for everything is going to change the fact that they hold the exact same opinion of us, along with other Nations your mouth and so-called rights wouldn't last a minute in.

Your over-simplification of the issue to suit your narrative just makes it as wrong as anyone else's. Might want to brush up on learning about the people you want to ignore and/or throw away, and the motivations of their and our enemies.

revelarts
01-23-2022, 08:36 PM
....The mujahideen also received aid from sympathetic Muslims throughout the world, and an indeterminate number of Muslim volunteers—popularly termed “Afghan-Arabs,” regardless of their ethnicity—traveled from all parts of the world to join their war effort. These foreign volunteers coordinated among themselves and with Muslims in their homelands through a network of their own, known as al-Qaeda (https://www.britannica.com/topic/al-Qaeda) (Arabic: al-Qāʿidah, “the Base”). In 1986 the mujahideen’s acquisition from the United States and Great Britain of substantial numbers of shoulder-fired surface-to-air missiles enabled the mujahideen to challenge Soviet control of the air—a significant factor in the Soviets’ withdrawal early in 1989....
britanica
mujahideen Taliban alqaeda radical militant Islam all together in Afghanistan all supported by the US ... Against soviet Russia.

Gunny
01-24-2022, 11:32 AM
....The mujahideen also received aid from sympathetic Muslims throughout the world, and an indeterminate number of Muslim volunteers—popularly termed “Afghan-Arabs,” regardless of their ethnicity—traveled from all parts of the world to join their war effort. These foreign volunteers coordinated among themselves and with Muslims in their homelands through a network of their own, known as al-Qaeda (https://www.britannica.com/topic/al-Qaeda) (Arabic: al-Qāʿidah, “the Base”). In 1986 the mujahideenÂ’s acquisition from the United States and Great Britain of substantial numbers of shoulder-fired surface-to-air missiles enabled the mujahideen to challenge Soviet control of the air—a significant factor in the SovietsÂ’ withdrawal early in 1989....

britanica
mujahideen Taliban alqaeda radical militant Islam all together in Afghanistan all supported by the US ... Against soviet Russia.Your point? Hardly news that the US has supported some pretty strange bedfellows in the war against communism. I promise you, based on YOUR posts, you're stuck on the tip of the iceberg on the topic. I'm well aware that a lot of the US's, not to mention the West's, doesn't make sense long-term.

Just as I am well-aware that you are stuck on "we're the bad guys" and everyone else is a victim. Your arguments require taking actual events at the time out of context. We have not chosen most of our enemies. They have chosen us. They lay all this blame on us for their BS because unlike them and/or most anyone else, we let them and accept the blame. That's SO BS.

This country was crawling with native Americans that the currently labeled, poor woebegone victims of the white men were killing off in a genocidal sweep across the continent when all these other peoples/Nations -- Rus, Mongols, Persians, Arabs, Muslims were already old. Most predate even the Romans. They were in business, in the same places more or less, when Greek city/states were the first squeak of "democracy". Rather than invent slavery, killing, imperialism, psycho religions, tyranny, we're ust the youngest and latest product. Our immaturity shows in everything we do. "We're going to change the World". Dreams of youth. No we're not.

You want to lump all radical Islam into a single bunch and claim we are responsible for them. Tell that to Charles Martel. Radical Islam is unified on only one topic -- taking over the entire World and eradicating anyone that opposes them. From the outside looking in through the eyes of a shallow mind, I guess you could say that. Over-simplified, to say the least.

These Peoples created themselves and existed long before us. We're the enemy because we are convenient. The US as the most powerful, highest profile, Western Nation represents Western society. So WE are the evil.

Arrogance coupled with a simplistic view of the World has stood between the West and success since the West quit meeting the East on their terms and beating them at their game and turned into a pack of decaying weaklings. Presuming that our way is THE way and trying to force it on Peoples that have their way amounts to them trying to force their way on us. Only they use war and we use words.

None of your out-of-contest, "blame us" argument is going to change them hating us and wanting to destroy us. There is no other choice in kill or be killed with an enemy that isn't negotiating. The winner lives and the loser dies.

Theyve been sitting over there for a good two centuries laughing at our child-like buffoonery. We're the ones that need to grow up or those same empires/societies that have existed for 10 of thousands of years will still exist and we'll be in somebody's history book as the society that followed Greece and Rome down the tubes.