PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi says she will run for reelection in 2022

Gunny
01-26-2022, 10:39 AM
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/591339-pelosi-says-she-will-run-for-reelection-in-2022

Can't this bitch just die? She's as old as my dad:bang3:

jimnyc
01-26-2022, 12:52 PM
Holy crap, I thought for sure she was done this time. Thought so about Hillary a few times too. Evil scum tends to keep coming back. :rolleyes:

SassyLady
01-26-2022, 12:57 PM
God help us. She wants to stay because when Biden and Harris are taken out she becomes first woman president.

Gunny
01-26-2022, 07:38 PM
God help us. She wants to stay because when Biden and Harris are taken out she becomes first woman president.Only if she is still Speaker of the House.

I suspect more than one Republican Congressperson has curbed his/her tongue on the issue of impeachment for this very reason.
Same predicament we were in Obama's first two years.

On the other hand, I honestly wouldn't put it past Pelosi to have them taken out herself if she could find a way to come out of it clean.

fj1200
01-26-2022, 07:42 PM
Only if she is still Speaker of the House.

True. Current betting odds that we'll have an R speaker anyway. I can't imagine she wants to be in the minority for her last two years.

Russ
01-26-2022, 08:51 PM
Every time I see Pelosi I'm reminded of someone...

SassyLady
01-26-2022, 09:18 PM
Breyer resigns. Harris moves to SCOTUS. Pelosi to VP.

Russ
01-27-2022, 09:10 AM
Breyer resigns. Harris moves to SCOTUS. Pelosi to VP.

I don't think this would ever happen. In order for Harris to move to SCOTUS, she would have to go through confirmation hearings in the Senate without her own tie-breaking vote for confirmation. I think every single Republican would vote against her (and maybe a few Dems) so she wouldn't get confirmed.

Aside from that, Pelosi would have to get confirmed as VP, also without the tie-breaking vote from Harris. And who would want Pelosi as VP? I don't think even Biden would. Pelosi's poll numbers, outside of her own little Congressional District, are even worse than Biden's.

SassyLady
01-27-2022, 11:25 AM
I don't think this would ever happen. In order for Harris to move to SCOTUS, she would have to go through confirmation hearings in the Senate without her own tie-breaking vote for confirmation. I think every single Republican would vote against her (and maybe a few Dems) so she wouldn't get confirmed.

Aside from that, Pelosi would have to get confirmed as VP, also without the tie-breaking vote from Harris. And who would want Pelosi as VP? I don't think even Biden would. Pelosi's poll numbers, outside of her own little Congressional District, are even worse than Biden's.
I was just posting why she would even think about not retiring.

As for Harris, I don't trust some of the senators. Dems only need one defector. Romney, Murkowski, Collins. Or, how bad do the other Republicans want to get rid of her as the VP.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Clinton nominated as VP if they can move Harris out.

Russ
01-29-2022, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Clinton nominated as VP if they can move Harris out.

I hadn't considered that. I would if Biden would do that.

If he did, he'd better also hire someone to taste all his food before he eats anything, and double is Secret Service detail.

SassyLady
01-29-2022, 11:24 PM
I hadn't considered that. I would if Biden would do that.

If he did, he'd better also hire someone to taste all his food before he eats anything, and double is Secret Service detail.
My thoughts exactly!