PDA

View Full Version : Picking The Right Fights

Kathianne
01-27-2022, 10:09 AM
I pretty much agree. Bryers seat being replaced with the same type is more or less a wash.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/01/27/why-the-gop-should-sit-out-the-scotus-confirmation-fight-n444479

fj1200
01-27-2022, 11:39 AM
I pretty much agree. Bryers seat being replaced with the same type is more or less a wash.

Consequences of losing an election. The Republicans should do their best to stop a truly crazy pick but ultimately let a pick go through. Show people that Dems are the ones who are hard-line partisan while Republicans can do their advise-and-consent role honestly. Not that the media or left will portray it that way of course.

Kathianne
01-27-2022, 12:18 PM
Consequences of losing an election. The Republicans should do their best to stop a truly crazy pick but ultimately let a pick go through. Show people that Dems are the ones who are hard-line partisan while Republicans can do their advise-and-consent role honestly. Not that the media or left will portray it that way of course.

Exactly my take. "Not the party of "No." Actually not the crazy party, that's the other one. They don't want your input on what your kids know, how they identify themselves, or your complaints regarding costs, energy self sufficiency or anything else.

If you feel disrespected, vote for us. We support your choices.I

jimnyc
01-27-2022, 05:25 PM
Elections have consequences, and sometimes that's the ability to nominate a new judge. They will pick someone with a fully leftist agenda and little will be done. :rolleyes:

Gunny
01-28-2022, 08:55 AM
Elections have consequences, and sometimes that's the ability to nominate a new judge. They will pick someone with a fully leftist agenda and little will be done. :rolleyes:Picking the right fights -- little should be done except to try and keep the nominee in the ball park of reality with as little drama as possible. Objections should be officially noted.

Dragging this out would just get the Dems/MSM pointing fingers and calling Republicans obstructionists, giving them a dead horse to beat. In the end, the Dems are going to get their appointment. Not a fight worth fighting.