PDA

View Full Version : Beginning Of Troops Europe Bound

Kathianne
01-28-2022, 07:20 PM
Supposedly not into Ukraine, but nearby to get to neighboring countries quickly:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/president-biden-sending-troops-to-eastern-europe-as-ukraine-turmoil-intensifies

BoogyMan
01-28-2022, 09:14 PM
I can’t help thinking this is a very bad sign. Especially with the Biden making reports of the calls with the president of Ukraine going so badly disappear. When Zelensky is coming out and directly contradicting the US president while that president continues to push to send military assets into the area you can certainly bet that there is a plan and it isn’t one that has anything to do with ensuring the safety or security of the American people or the people of Ukraine.

Kathianne
01-28-2022, 09:36 PM
I can’t help thinking this is a very bad sign. Especially with the Biden making reports of the calls with the president of Ukraine going so badly disappear. When Zelensky is coming out and directly contradicting the US president while that president continues to push to send military assets into the area you can certainly bet that there is a plan and it isn’t one that has anything to do with ensuring the safety or security of the American people or the people of Ukraine.

Yes, there's that. There is also this all began late summer, early fall. (I seem to remember a foreign policy blunder about then, no?)

That would have been an ideal time to squeeze in more sanctions and perhaps some defensive weapons to signal that aggression would not pay. But no, appeasement needed to be given a chance, like Putin would think it was anything but capitulation.

Realistically, I don't know how any of that would have played out with Afghanistan background, but would have been better than where we are now.

Gunny
01-29-2022, 03:06 PM
Our "leadership": Biden, Milley and Austin. What could possibly go wrong?:rolleyes: