PDA

View Full Version : Russia And China Line Up Against U.S. In “No Limits” Partnership

Gunny
02-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Wonder which rats will flee the sinking ship first.

Good thing the West had to push Putin. Right into the arms of Pingpong.

February 4, 2022
By Andrew Osborn and Mark Trevelyan
MOSCOW (Reuters) -China and Russia proclaimed a deep strategic partnership on Friday to balance what they portrayed as the malign global influence of the United States as China’s President Xi Jinping hosted Russia’s Vladimir Putin on the opening day of the Beijing Winter Olympics.
In a joint statement, the two countries affirmed that their new relationship was superior to any political or military alliance of the Cold War era.
“Friendship between the two States has no limits, there are no ‘forbidden’ areas of cooperation,” they declared, announcing plans to collaborate in a host of areas including space, climate change, artificial intelligence and control of the Internet.
The agreement marked the most detailed and assertive statement of Russian and Chinese resolve to work together – and against the United States – to build a new international order based on their own interpretations of human rights and democracy.
Steeped in ideological discourse, it was not clear whether it would immediately translate into an increase in tangible and practical cooperation despite Putin trumpeting a new gas deal with China on Friday, or was intended as more of a statement of general policy intent.
Jonathan Eyal of the London-based RUSI think tank said the declaration marked a “frontal rebuttal” of the U.S. and Western view of the world and a possible building block towards a military alliance between Russia and China.
“It’s the most explicit articulation of the ‘making the world safe for dictatorship’ strategy,” he said. “It is a historic point because they both feel cornered and they feel their moment has arrived to state their vision of the world and promote it aggressively.”
The two countries have moved closer together as both have come under pressure from the West on a host of issues including their human rights records and Russia’s military build-up near Ukraine. The timing of their announcement was highly symbolic, at a China-hosted Olympics that the United States has subjected to a diplomatic boycott.
Each went significantly further than before, Eyal said, in explicitly backing the other over key bones of contention with the United States and its allies:
– Russia voiced its support for China’s stance that Taiwan is an inalienable part of China, and opposition to any form of independence for the island. Moscow and Beijing also voiced their opposition to the AUKUS alliance between Australia, Britain and the United States, saying it increased the danger of an arms race in the region.
– China joined Russia in calling for an end to NATO enlargement and supported its demand for security guarantees from the West – issues at the heart of Moscow’s confrontation with the United States and its allies over Ukraine.
The two countries expressed concern about “the advancement of U.S. plans to develop global missile defence and deploy its elements in various regions of the world, combined with capacity building of high-precision non-nuclear weapons for disarming strikes and other strategic objectives”.
Elsewhere, without naming Washington, they criticised attempts by “certain states” to establish global hegemony, fan confrontation and impose their own standards of democracy.
TECH AND ENERGY
In the technology arena, Russia and China said they were ready to strengthen cooperation on artificial intelligence and information security.
They said they believed that “any attempts to limit their sovereign right to regulate national segments of the Internet and ensure their security are unacceptable”.
Meanwhile Russian state energy giants Gazprom and Rosneft on Friday agreed new gas and oil supply deals with Beijing worth tens of billions of dollars.
The deals capitalise on Putin’s drive to diversify Russian energy exports away from the West, which started shortly after he came to power in 1999. Since then Russia has become China’s top energy supplier and cut its reliance on the West for revenues.
The Kremlin said the presidents also discussed the need to broaden trade in national currencies because of unpredictability surrounding the use of the dollar.
U.S. President Joe Biden has said Russian companies could be cut off from the ability to trade in dollars as part of sanctions if Russia invades Ukraine.
Moscow denies any such intention, but has used a build-up of more than 100,000 troops near Ukraine’s border to grab the attention of the West and press its demands for security guarantees.
The Chinese gas supplies are not directly linked with Russian gas exports to Europe, and more Russian gas for Beijing does not automatically mean less for Europe. However, they serve Putin as an addition revenue cushion amid the rising threat of U.S. and EU sanctions.
(Additional reporting by Mark Trevelyan in London; Editing by Angus MacSwan)
https://www.oann.com/russia-and-china-tell-nato-to-stop-expansion-moscow-backs-beijing-on-taiwan/

Kathianne
02-04-2022, 03:31 PM
Putin an Xi have been working together with their lackeys Iran and sometimes Turkey against the US for quite awhile, certainly before Afghanistan debacle or even the election. Biden and Ukraine just let the curtain become unnecessary.

It's part of the reason I'm so concerned. They have a small window with unchecked Biden. They were more careful with Trump.

Mr. P
02-05-2022, 04:00 AM
It may be time to immediately reinstate the draft.

Just sayin

Gunny
02-05-2022, 10:28 AM

Just sayinIt'll violate all the extremist's "Constitutional Rights":rolleyes:

This country's in the hurt locker right now.

Gunny
02-05-2022, 10:41 AM
Putin an Xi have been working together with their lackeys Iran and sometimes Turkey against the US for quite awhile, certainly before Afghanistan debacle or even the election. Biden and Ukraine just let the curtain become unnecessary.

It's part of the reason I'm so concerned. They have a small window with unchecked Biden. They were more careful with Trump.

Jury's still out with me where Russia is concerned. Or was. Putin is out for Putin and Russia. Likewise, Pingpong. We'll see how Turkey goes. The deal between Russia and China just made Turkey a lot more vulnerable. All Erdogan has to do is look at Ukraine to see how easy it is for Putin to decide to swallow it up piecemeal.

Any way you look at it, the World just became a much smaller and more dangerous place for the US of A. One thing Russia has always lacked is new technology. All of its previous tech since WWII is/was stolen from the West. Kind of how it works when you're hurting for intellectuals and smart people and purge them. China and Russia have what each other lack: China has tech and Russia has a thug/strongman willing to front as proxy in a war with the West.

They have basically declared war on the West (the US in particular) and the numbnuts in DC are STILL acting like they're wonderful trading partners (China). I read at some point the BBB Redeux includes plenty of Dem trade concessions for China.

We're stuck with Biden. Question is, Republican or Democrat, WHO do we replace him with that's going to do any better/different?

Kathianne
02-05-2022, 10:48 AM
Jury's still out with me where Russia is concerned. Or was. Putin is out for Putin and Russia. Likewise, Pingpong. We'll see how Turkey goes. The deal between Russia and China just made Turkey a lot more vulnerable. All Erdogan has to do is look at Ukraine to see how easy it is for Putin to decide to swallow it up piecemeal.

Any way you look at it, the World just became a much smaller and more dangerous place for the US of A. One thing Russia has always lacked is new technology. All of its previous tech since WWII is/was stolen from the West. Kind of how it works when you're hurting for intellectuals and smart people and purge them. China and Russia have what each other lack: China has tech and Russia has a thug/strongman willing to front as proxy in a war with the West.

They have basically declared war on the West (the US in particular) and the numbnuts in DC are STILL acting like they're wonderful trading partners (China). I read at some point the BBB Redeux includes plenty of Dem trade concessions for China.

We're stuck with Biden. Question is, Republican or Democrat, WHO do we replace him with that's going to do any better/different?
I'm quite convinced the ceremony yesterday was just the official coming out, just a public face slap, if you will. What I noticed last night from news clip of Xi and Putin walking off together, Xi made Putin look small. Putin appeared to be kowtowing. Just an impression as I was falling asleep.

Gunny
02-05-2022, 10:52 AM
I'm quite convinced the ceremony yesterday was just the official coming out, just a public face slap, if you will. What I noticed last night from news clip of Xi and Putin walking off together, Xi made Putin look small. Putin appeared to be kowtowing. Just an impression as I was falling asleep.Like Stalin let Hitler make Stalin look small when he thought he was getting what he wanted from Adolph?

Can't help making the comparison. History repeating itself. As you say, right out in the open in everyone's faces. Meanwhile back in DC, the Administration is doing it's "pretend it's not there" act. Again :rolleyes:

revelarts
02-05-2022, 11:37 AM
ummm, Why isn't peace an option?
Why do we have to prepped for war exactly?
Is Hawaii about to get invaded?
Will China or Russia invaded mainland US?
Doesn't Europe have ANY military to defend itself?
Don't we still have the largest military machine in the world?
larger than China and Russia combined
Why should we daft more people?

Why do we "HAVE TO" send troops world wide to fight every 5 freakin' minutes?

Seems like more warmongering BS to me.
Other nations are not helpless to defend themselves OR their close neighbors if they WANT to.
We don't have to do jack but protect our boarders and citizens.
Not sure when we'll stop getting played by our MIC paid 'leadership' and stealth empire propaganda we all grew up with.
That assumes if "we" don't "do something" the world will go to hell. It's arrogant BSery that feeds the war machine with more $$$.
The U.S. ends up in more debt, with more broken US military bodies, shatter minds and dead bodies.

Not to mention Chnia and Russia both have nukes.
Not sure why war with them is even considered an option when if anyone of them feels they are loosing (or just a eager/crazy leader) that the nuclear option is on the table.

the blind machismo over this is stupid IMO.

can anyone here even SKETCH a scenario where the U.S. and the world comes out BETTER OFF by getting into a war Russia ALONE? Much less Russia AND China. it's crazy.
Over Ukraine?
Really?

Gunny
02-05-2022, 12:03 PM
ummm, Why isn't peace an option?
Why do we have to prepped for war exactly?
Is Hawaii about to get invaded?
Will China or Russia invaded mainland US?
Doesn't Europe have ANY military to defend itself?
Don't we still have the largest military machine in the world?
larger than China and Russia combined
Why should we daft more people?

Why do we "HAVE TO" send troops world wide to fight every 5 freakin' minutes?

Seems like more warmongering BS to me.
Other nations are not helpless to defend themselves OR their close neighbors if they WANT to.
We don't have to do jack but protect our boarders and citizens.
Not sure when we'll stop getting played by our MIC paid 'leadership' and stealth empire propaganda we all grew up with.
That assumes if "we" don't "do something" the world will go to hell. It's arrogant BSery that feeds the war machine with more $$$.
The U.S. ends up in more debt, with more broken US military bodies, shatter minds and dead bodies.

Not to mention Chnia and Russia both have nukes.
Not sure why war with them is even considered an option when if anyone of them feels they are loosing (or just a eager/crazy leader) that the nuclear option is on the table.

the blind machismo over this is stupid IMO.

can anyone here even SKETCH a scenario where the U.S. and the world comes out BETTER OFF by getting into a war Russia ALONE? Much less Russia AND China. it's crazy.
Over Ukraine?
Really?Do you have a specific number of people who have to suffer and/or die at the expense of the facade of your declaring "peace" like Neville Chamberlain or Jimmy Carter?

Evil can only flourish when good men do nothing.

Not learning from history's mistake and pretending bad guys aren't bad has caused Man to repeat both down through the ages. If these people had been stopped for real back when they should have, the cost of stopping them now wouldn't have risen as high as it has, or is going to rise before anyone actually does anything.

Two very simple rules of thumb that even the brightest of scholars appear unable to comprehend. They keep getting reality confused with their fantasyland desires.

revelarts
02-05-2022, 01:24 PM
Do you have a specific number of people who have to suffer and/or die at the expense of the facade of your declaring "peace" like Neville Chamberlain or Jimmy Carter?

Neville Chamberlain or Jimmy Carter?
Seems to me what we have here is more W Bush "WMDs" into Iraq ...and Afghanistan for that matter.
And Bush Senior into Kuwait
Obama into Libya
Clinton into Kosovo
the last few presidents into Somalia and Syria

Is the U.S. or the world really better off because of any of those?
And those did not have to potential of nuclear conflict

Evil can only flourish when good men do nothing.

Not learning from history's mistake and pretending bad guys aren't bad has caused Man to repeat both down through the ages. If these people had been stopped for real back when they should have, the cost of stopping them now wouldn't have risen as high as it has, or is going to rise before anyone actually does anything.

Two very simple rules of thumb that even the brightest of scholars appear unable to comprehend. They keep getting reality confused with their fantasyland desires.

"had been stopped for real back when they should have.."
Like in WW2 when Russia and China were U.S. allies?
Or the Patton plan to attack Stalinist Russia right after WWII?
Or Like in the Cold War? What are you talking about exactly?

And who said Russia or China are good?
Why must you create a fantasy version of what i said?

So Please sketch out for me the way the U.S. and NATO defeat Russia and China ...now... in a war and the U.S. and the world are BETTER off for it.
Using your common man rules of thumb.

Gunny
02-05-2022, 01:59 PM
Neville Chamberlain or Jimmy Carter?
Seems to me what we have here is more W Bush "WMDs" into Iraq ...and Afghanistan for that matter.
And Bush Senior into Kuwait
Obama into Libya
Clinton into Kosovo
the last few presidents into Somalia and Syria

Is the U.S. or the world really better off because of any of those?
And those did not have to potential of nuclear conflict

"had been stopped for real back when they should have.."
Like in WW2 when Russia and China were U.S. allies?
Or the Patton plan to attack Stalinist Russia right after WWII?
Or Like in the Cold War? What are you talking about exactly?

And who said Russia or China are good?
Why must you create a fantasy version of what i said?

So Please sketch out for me the way the U.S. and NATO defeat Russia and China ...now... in a war and the U.S. and the world are BETTER off for it.
Using your common man rules of thumb.What none of your examples do is address the current situation. It just displays your anti-American sentiment that pops up any time the "World" is involved.

There is no fantasy version of anything you stated. I presented reality as reflected by current events. You would be the one addressing fantasy.

Sure, Ideally, I wish everyone would STFU and mind their own business. I'm really interested in adding a kilo to my snatch, or clean and jerk. I need none of you people and/or your petty pissing contests to do that. Nor does my desire interfere with anyone else and/or what they want to do.

NOTHING I desire and/or wishful, utopian thinking appears to change the evil, greedy control freaks that want to rule the world one single iota. So I deal with the reality that you and others stick in the way of my hanging out on the beach and lifting weights and playing Frisbee for the rest of my life.

People who can't differentiate between their wishful thinking and reality are usually the first casualties of REAL bad actors.

icansayit
02-05-2022, 04:29 PM
But....we do. Guess who gave China and the Russians the Missile Plans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BuDespIYn4&ab_channel=Destiny

Gunny
02-05-2022, 06:47 PM
But....we do. Guess who gave China and the Russians the Missile Plans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BuDespIYn4&ab_channel=Destiny

I never give up. Surprises me not that the Russians got plans from us, legally or otherwise. The entire Nation is a model of post-WWII stolen technology. Probably shouldn't be giving away weapons tech we can't defend against.

Anyone in particular you trust, that can and will responsibly use the weapons and power at our disposal? I guess as long as Biden's just giving things away it really isn't an issue.

icansayit
02-05-2022, 06:59 PM
I never give up. Surprises me not that the Russians got plans from us, legally or otherwise. The entire Nation is a model of post-WWII stolen technology. Probably shouldn't be giving away weapons tech we can't defend against.

Anyone in particular you trust, that can and will responsibly use the weapons and power at our disposal? I guess as long as Biden's just giving things away it really isn't an issue.

Bubba, the other Corrupt Clinton in the 90's.
I posted this from my records previously...
1994 In 1994, sophisticated telecommunications technology was transferred to a U.S.-Chinese joint venture called HUA MEI, in which the Chinese partner (Galaxy New Technology) is an entity controlled by the Chinese Army. The US partner was SCM Brooks Telecommunications. This particular transfer included fiber-optic communications equipment which is used for high-speed, secure communications over long distances. Also included in the package was advanced encryption software.
Worldnet daily

Nov 1994 For example, Motorola wrote the State Department in November 1994, requesting to export encrypted radios to China. The Motorola letter clearly notes that Bill Clinton was signing waivers for other American companies.
Worldnet Daily

revelarts
02-14-2022, 01:15 PM
Is this movie clip?
True
False
mostly true
mostly false
party true
partly false

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHOg-lMPuaM

I say Mostly TRUE.

revelarts
02-14-2022, 01:29 PM
another interesting one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24AuL2v1O_o

Gunny
02-14-2022, 04:03 PM
Invading Ukraine is about stealing land. Everything else is incidental to that goal.

Kathianne
03-11-2022, 01:55 PM
Some sense?

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/03/11/hmmm-eu-calls-for-pause-in-iran-nuclear-talks-over-external-factors-n454645

Gunny
03-11-2022, 02:12 PM
Some sense?

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/03/11/hmmm-eu-calls-for-pause-in-iran-nuclear-talks-over-external-factors-n454645I think Hot Air reads my posts. They keep coming out with crap a week after me :laugh:

Was I Europe or anyone else that calls the US "ally", I'd be checking MY 6 right now. Biden is doing as much harm to them as our enemies. They keep waiting for Biden to step up and lead and he falls on his face every time. I'm sick of it.

I'm most especially sick of us, the United States/American people taking the blame for this moron. He cuts off our oil. Then wants to use oil embargos as leverage against Putin while making a deal for oil with someone as bad as Putin and enemies of our allies that support us with their oil since we can't use our own.

There's nothing but stupid written all over Biden and his admin and their efforts to fail at everything. These people are playing for their lives and our insulated politicians have no concept of what that is.

fj1200
03-11-2022, 08:20 PM
Am I right in guessing that the Republicans wouldn't muff making sure this one doesn't get approved like they muffed making sure the other one didn't get approved?

Kathianne
03-11-2022, 08:32 PM
Am I right in guessing that the Republicans wouldn't muff making sure this one doesn't get approved like they muffed making sure the other one didn't get approved?

If this band of misfits is halted until next January , it may be stopped. Looks like it was EU though that hit pause.

BoogyMan
03-11-2022, 10:21 PM
We have a country full of younger folks that have been indoctrinated to hate their country, their raising, their liberty, and to feel shame for their blessings. I am not sure that a force made up of those folks would defend this country. I know that sounds horrible, but it has been weighing heavily on my mind.

Just sayin

Gunny
03-12-2022, 09:43 AM
We have a country full of younger folks that have been indoctrinated to hate their country, their raising, their liberty, and to feel shame for their blessings. I am not sure that a force made up of those folks would defend this country. I know that sounds horrible, but it has been weighing heavily on my mind.Reality is sometimes horrible. That slippery slope the left ridiculed and shamed the right into silence about every time it was mentioned for the past 20 years? We're looking at it.

Let's be real though. I served in the Nation's military for 21 years, as countless others have. I believe in the ideals as put forth by our Founding Fathers. I would have a hard time serving the mockery of those ideals that is the people controlling our government nowadays. I sure as Hell wouldn't want to be in with Bumble Biden at the helm. Col Kink was a more effective leader:rolleyes:

Gunny
03-12-2022, 10:56 AM
If I was Russian, I would be questioning Fearless leader's cognitive abilities. Putin is taking a HUGE risk. China's sitting the fence, while leaning a tad Putin's way. Xi isn't going to cut off Russian oil and seems self-aware enough to realize he's an enemy to the West.

Given the "performance" of the Russian Army the past couple of weeks, and Putin's ability to make Biden-like decisions, who stands to gain the most by sitting out a war between Russia and the West? With all that empty land that used to be part of the Mongolian Empire sparsely defended on a good day just sitting there to China's N/NW. It's hardly a secret Xi has the same goal as Putin -- returning China to its past "glory".

Strategically, I would be more worried about China than Europe and any agreement with Xi I would consider worth Stalin's nonaggression pact with Hitler. All Putin has done IMO by invading Ukraine is show Xi, and the World, his weaknesses.

Kathianne
03-12-2022, 12:02 PM
If I was Russian, I would be questioning Fearless leader's cognitive abilities. Putin is taking a HUGE risk. China's sitting the fence, while leaning a tad Putin's way. Xi isn't going to cut off Russian oil and seems self-aware enough to realize he's an enemy to the West.

Given the "performance" of the Russian Army the past couple of weeks, and Putin's ability to make Biden-like decisions, who stands to gain the most by sitting out a war between Russia and the West? With all that empty land that used to be part of the Mongolian Empire sparsely defended on a good day just sitting there to China's N/NW. It's hardly a secret Xi has the same goal as Putin -- returning China to its past "glory".

Strategically, I would be more worried about China than Europe and any agreement with Xi I would consider worth Stalin's nonaggression pact with Hitler. All Putin has done IMO by invading Ukraine is show Xi, and the World, his weaknesses.
Yep and the West's to a degree, though perhaps a realization that NATO isn't as impotent as many assumed. The EU actually made some tough choices that Biden or Obama wouldn't have. China moves rapidly, as even Clinton would have led, I believe.

Gunny
03-12-2022, 01:39 PM
Yep and the West's to a degree, though perhaps a realization that NATO isn't as impotent as many assumed. The EU actually made some tough choices that Biden or Obama wouldn't have. China moves rapidly, as even Clinton would have led, I believe.Bill Clinton didn't hesitate to put us in Yugoslavia under a UN banner.

Noticeably (to me) absent is Trump's name on your list. No doubt he would have led. Not sure in which direction, but doubt he'd pass on the PR opportunity. I suspect it would have been a "my way or the highway" for NATO. He had the same lame generals/advisors Obama and Biden have. Bootlicking political generals began in earnest under Clinton. We went from the best in Desert Storm to ass-kissers when Clinton took over.

Military leadership matters. Mr "CRT" Austin is a POS. He and his staff are the ones that started crying about transferring the planes to Ukraine. Since it led to doing nothing/taking no rist/making no decision Biden went for it. I would have a hard time not openly disrespecting him as I did with Clinton's SecDef and SecNav. Losers.

The EU is on the front line. They have no real choice but try and defend themselves with or without us, and with poor leadership. Noticeable to me has been which countries are hard line and which are hemming and hawing. Eastern Europe appears quite a bit more motivated than Western Europe, and rightly so. Putin taking Ukraine puts Russia right back on their doorsteps.

Kathianne
03-12-2022, 02:07 PM
Bill Clinton didn't hesitate to put us in Yugoslavia under a UN banner.

Noticeably (to me) absent is Trump's name on your list. No doubt he would have led. Not sure in which direction, but doubt he'd pass on the PR opportunity. I suspect it would have been a "my way or the highway" for NATO. He had the same lame generals/advisors Obama and Biden have. Bootlicking political generals began in earnest under Clinton. We went from the best in Desert Storm to ass-kissers when Clinton took over.

Military leadership matters. Mr "CRT" Austin is a POS. He and his staff are the ones that started crying about transferring the planes to Ukraine. Since it led to doing nothing/taking no rist/making no decision Biden went for it. I would have a hard time not openly disrespecting him as I did with Clinton's SecDef and SecNav. Losers.

The EU is on the front line. They have no real choice but try and defend themselves with or without us, and with poor leadership. Noticeable to me has been which countries are hard line and which are hemming and hawing. Eastern Europe appears quite a bit more motivated than Western Europe, and rightly so. Putin taking Ukraine puts Russia right back on their doorsteps.

I give some credit to both Macron and Johnson. Macron in particular has been working at France's oil dependency for quite awhile now. More nuclear, less windmills. Germany now moving in same direction, but nuclear power takes years, Russia's oil will be in demand for the foreseeable future.

Kathianne
03-16-2022, 02:21 AM
Iran bombs US in Iraq. Russia brings up nuke alert, drops missile within 15 miles of Poland. China's been watching and moving:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/china-nuclear-threats-russia-threats-us-wake-up-call-gordon-chang

Gunny
03-16-2022, 08:51 AM
Iran bombs US in Iraq. Russia brings up nuke alert, drops missile within 15 miles of Poland. China's been watching and moving:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/china-nuclear-threats-russia-threats-us-wake-up-call-gordon-changBrilliant. The exact same tactic/argument in regard to Ukraine has been a total fail for Russia so China says "Hey, let's do THAT" :rolleyes:

I hate to be the one to state the obvious, but someone's going to have to address these nuke threats by offering to shove nukes right back up their asses if they even think about it. Because it is dealing with the East, it HAS TO BE addressed, for them, not us. It'll just make the usual dimwits in the West run around screaming and pulling their hair out.

Kathianne
03-18-2022, 12:57 PM
About that call:

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/03/18/china-state-media-xi-told-biden-we-didnt-want-this-ukrainian-crisis-n456308

I'll wait for more to come out, Xi is tricky.

Gunny
03-18-2022, 01:19 PM
About that call:

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/03/18/china-state-media-xi-told-biden-we-didnt-want-this-ukrainian-crisis-n456308

I'll wait for more to come out, Xi is tricky.
First biggest takeaway for me? Xi has the stage and Biden doesn't. Like you said ... need more. Did Biden even get a word in?