PDA

View Full Version : Ariz. GOP Chair Sues Jan. 6 Committee, Says Subpoenas Violate 4th Amendment

Gunny
02-05-2022, 02:39 PM
Amusing that anyone thinks the Fourth Amendment is worth more than the scrap of paper it's written on. The bureaucracy has poked more holes in it than Freddie the Freeloader's coat.

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 9:25 AM PT – Friday, February 4, 2022The Democrat-controlled January 6 Committee is facing a new lawsuit by Arizona Republican Party chairwoman Kelli Ward. In a recent filing with a federal court, she said the Democrat panel is trying to unconstitutionally violate the right to privacy with its subpoenas.
Ward’s lawsuit comes after she was informed by T-Mobile her phone records were subpoenaed by the committee. She also said Democrats are trying to intimidate their opponents and pressure the Supreme Court. Ward added, Democrats realize they will lose in November’s midterms.

“Democrats have shamelessly tried to smear the reputations of good people only because they believe in interpreting the United States Constitution as it’s written,” explained the chairwoman. “…It is a very good reminder about what’s at stake as we work to regain the majority in the U.S. Senate this fall. Remember here at the Republican Party of Arizona it is always America First!”

Ward stressed the partisan panel is made up from political hacks whose only goal is to attack 45th President Donald Trump and his supporters.
https://www.oann.com/ariz-gop-chair-sues-jan-6-committee-says-subpoenas-violate-4th-amendment/

Kathianne
02-05-2022, 02:54 PM
Amusing that anyone thinks the Fourth Amendment is worth more than the scrap of paper it's written on. The bureaucracy has poked more holes in it than Freddie the Freeloader's coat.

https://www.oann.com/ariz-gop-chair-sues-jan-6-committee-says-subpoenas-violate-4th-amendment/

I'm getting tired of the right too.

Gunny
02-05-2022, 03:04 PM
I'm getting tired of the right too.General statement? Or as it pertains to this topic? Note I used "bureaucracy". The system itself.

As it pertains to this topic, the "Right" to protection against search and seizure apparently doesn't extend to computers, cells and/or one's breath. Here in Texas, as far as the latter goes, it's blood. If you are arrested of suspected DUI, you are compelled to take a blood test or automatically lose your license for a year.

Rubber stamping a warrant with the cloak of legality apparently negates any Fourth Amendment Rights.

Gunny
02-05-2022, 03:08 PM
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/policy-solutions/fourth-amendment-digital-age?ms=gad_the%20fourth%20amendment_508710694251_8 629271936_121493146722&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImfqft67p9QIVrylMCh20pQJ0EAAYAiAA EgKRoPD_BwE

This discusses a bit how it applies to our electronics.

Kathianne
02-05-2022, 03:12 PM
General statement? Or as it pertains to this topic? Note I used "bureaucracy". The system itself.

As it pertains to this topic, the "Right" to protection against search and seizure apparently doesn't extend to computers, cells and/or one's breath. Here in Texas, as far as the latter goes, it's blood. If you are arrested of suspected DUI, you are compelled to take a blood test or automatically lose your license for a year.

Rubber stamping a warrant with the cloak of legality apparently negates any Fourth Amendment Rights.

More about most topics. It's all becoming tribal, only rule is to destroy perceived opposition.

Gunny
02-05-2022, 03:17 PM
More about most topics. It's all becoming tribal, only rule is to destroy perceived opposition.Haven't looked at it quite like that, but it's pretty obvious. We're becoming everything we used to stand against.

Kathianne
02-05-2022, 03:29 PM
Haven't looked at it quite like that, but it's pretty obvious. We're becoming everything we used to stand against.

To beat the dead horse, that's indicative of lack of principles. Corruption from within.

BoogyMan
02-05-2022, 07:05 PM
This one hurts me inside. I was raised in the little 10,000 population town of Vernon TX and we were taught that the constitution was the first and last word in all things relating to our rights as American citizens. We pledged allegiance to the flag of the United States of America every day in class and were happy to do it. We were taught a class called civics that built in us a good understanding of our rights and responsibilities as US citizens. Having that foundation and well taught understanding of America and her history, watching something like this happen is gut wrenching.

Not only is this commission in direct violation of the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution, they have seemingly obliterated it. Take the case of Taylor Budowich, a Trump campaign worker who help NO government position. Even his bank records from JP Morgan were obtained without his initial knowledge as counseled by now private lawyer Loretta Lynch.

The people wielding this power are the same rabid partisans who pushed the Russian collusion fraud and were wholly engrossed in the collection and use of the fraudulent Steele dossier as a Democratic political cudgel turned media based political weapon.

Pretty disgusted with our “leaders” right now, pretty sure I would stand with the Arizona GOP leadership and tell the 1/6 group to shove it.

SassyLady
02-05-2022, 09:50 PM
This one hurts me inside. I was raised in the little 10,000 population town of Vernon TX and we were taught that the constitution was the first and last word in all things relating to our rights as American citizens. We pledged allegiance to the flag of the United States of America every day in class and were happy to do it. We were taught a class called civics that built in us a good understanding of our rights and responsibilities as US citizens. Having that foundation and well taught understanding of America and her history, watching something like this happen is gut wrenching.

Not only is this commission in direct violation of the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution, they have seemingly obliterated it. Take the case of Taylor Budowich, a Trump campaign worker who help NO government position. Even his bank records from JP Morgan were obtained without his initial knowledge as counseled by now private lawyer Loretta Lynch.

The people wielding this power are the same rabid partisans who pushed the Russian collusion fraud and were wholly engrossed in the collection and use of the fraudulent Steele dossier as a Democratic political cudgel turned media based political weapon.

Pretty disgusted with our “leaders” right now, pretty sure I would stand with the Arizona GOP leadership and tell the 1/6 group to shove it.

The "bureaucracy" needs to be stopped somehow and maybe this is a first step.

Gunny
02-06-2022, 05:36 PM

I posted in another thread there are 0ver 700 people being investigated over this Jan 6th investigation. No regard to Constitutional Rights. Held indefinitely without bail. Mention a name and they're all through their electronics.

Electronics have rendered the Fourth and Fifth Amendments obsolete. Rather, the legal interpretations of how law enforcement/government can use/abuse them have unconstitutionally rendered them obsolete.

Gunny
02-06-2022, 05:39 PM
The "bureaucracy" needs to be stopped somehow and maybe this is a first step.That would require armed conflict between the people and the government. The bureaucracy runs too deep and owns the government and they have all the power. They aren't going to let go of anything. Look how they acted for 4 years just because they didn't like the choice of President.

They'll do it again too.

Russ
02-06-2022, 06:36 PM
I have to agree with the AZ guy's claim. It looks to me like the Jan 6 Committee is searching and seizing phone and financial records of a very large group of people; virtually none of the people are actually suspected of committing actual crimes and absolutely all of the people are Republicans / Trump supporters.

It is a grand scale witch hunt, but smearing and arresting conservatives is just a secondary purpose. The primary purpose of the Jan 6 Committee is the endless political theater of "guess who's records were seized today by the Politburo, er um I mean Jan 6 Committee. The primary purpose is to create daily news articles to try to affect the 2022 elections.

Gunny
02-07-2022, 10:54 AM
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/02/jan-6-committee-subpoenas-arizona-gop-chair-00004903