PDA

View Full Version : 2024

Kathianne
02-07-2022, 12:11 PM
Anyone?

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/02/07/christie-youd-better-believe-trump-tried-to-intimidate-pence-into-illegally-throwing-the-election-n446829

Gunny
02-07-2022, 02:11 PM
Anyone?

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/02/07/christie-youd-better-believe-trump-tried-to-intimidate-pence-into-illegally-throwing-the-election-n446829I don't like Christie. I was completely unimpressed and underwhelmed by him during 2016 debates, and pretty much anything he has said since.

I believe Trump tried to intimidate Pence. Who hasn't Trump tried to intimidate? He's STILL doing it to 2022 Republican hopefuls.

I don't believe he tried to intimidate Pence into an unconstitutional act. The act itself has not been declared unconstitutional. That would, as Trump reminds anyone that will listen, preclude Congress wanting to tighten the law.

This is more Christie's opinion; which, I consider incorrect at least from a legal standpoint. Without proof, no one but Trump can state Trump's intent as far as the riot went. Just the way it is.

It would be too easy if the writing was on the wall, he was guilty and couldn't run in 2024. There are too many logical, current reasons for him to not run. Much as I don't want him in the 2024 election, I don't want to see him screwed unfairly by a dog n pony show.

Kathianne
02-07-2022, 02:31 PM
I don't like Christie. I was completely unimpressed and underwhelmed by him during 2016 debates, and pretty much anything he has said since.

I believe Trump tried to intimidate Pence. Who hasn't Trump tried to intimidate? He's STILL doing it to 2022 Republican hopefuls.

I don't believe he tried to intimidate Pence into an unconstitutional act. The act itself has not been declared unconstitutional. That would, as Trump reminds anyone that will listen, preclude Congress wanting to tighten the law.

This is more Christie's opinion; which, I consider incorrect at least from a legal standpoint. Without proof, no one but Trump can state Trump's intent as far as the riot went. Just the way it is.

It would be too easy if the writing was on the wall, he was guilty and couldn't run in 2024. There are too many logical, current reasons for him to not run. Much as I don't want him in the 2024 election, I don't want to see him screwed unfairly by a dog n pony show.

We disagree on Constitutionality. My opinion is that it's always been very clear the intent of VP rule here, it took Trump to bring the necessity of correcting wording, THIS is the electoral reform Manchin is saying will pass. Trump would use it again, as has been mentioned by others, Kamala might too. These are not good public servants.

Gunny
02-07-2022, 06:03 PM
We disagree on Constitutionality. My opinion is that it's always been very clear the intent of VP rule here, it took Trump to bring the necessity of correcting wording, THIS is the electoral reform Manchin is saying will pass. Trump would use it again, as has been mentioned by others, Kamala might too. These are not good public servants.Every law we have is pretty clear. Until a lawyer and/or the Dem MO get ahold of it and use what it doesn't specifically state against the law itself, and/or to get what they want. The Constitution is clear in intent to people who aren't trying to find a loophole. We spend more time trying to close loopholes than we do ever writing good law. I have this idea the FF's couldn't have possibly envisioned such quackery and intentional misinterpretation based on what is not there.

However, this is another time where it isn't worse because it's Trump doing it. If misinterpreting law (intentional or not) is illegal, I'd say most politicians and judges need to line up outside "the Big House" to get processed.

I'm quite fine with closing the loophole/electoral reform. I agree with Pence. No one man should be able to elect the President of the US. I also have no doubt the Dems would try and use it.

I'm more concerned with stopping Trump. Haven't seen it in print yet so I have to wonder does anyone think Trump won't pull the same thing on the mid terms and definitely the GOP primary if it doesn't go his way? Who does tying up the GOP primary in a half-dozen states hurt? Not the Dems.

Kathianne
02-07-2022, 06:45 PM
Every law we have is pretty clear. Until a lawyer and/or the Dem MO get ahold of it and use what it doesn't specifically state against the law itself, and/or to get what they want. The Constitution is clear in intent to people who aren't trying to find a loophole. We spend more time trying to close loopholes than we do ever writing good law. I have this idea the FF's couldn't have possibly envisioned such quackery and intentional misinterpretation based on what is not there.

However, this is another time where it isn't worse because it's Trump doing it. If misinterpreting law (intentional or not) is illegal, I'd say most politicians and judges need to line up outside "the Big House" to get processed.

I'm quite fine with closing the loophole/electoral reform. I agree with Pence. No one man should be able to elect the President of the US. I also have no doubt the Dems would try and use it.

I'm more concerned with stopping Trump. Haven't seen it in print yet so I have to wonder does anyone think Trump won't pull the same thing on the mid terms and definitely the GOP primary if it doesn't go his way? Who does tying up the GOP primary in a half-dozen states hurt? Not the Dems.

I think you just agreed with me.

I've said here many times, laws are often made by one person's misbehavior, this would certainly fit the bill.

Gunny
02-07-2022, 09:01 PM
I think you just agreed with me.

I've said here many times, laws are often made by one person's misbehavior, this would certainly fit the bill.Or you with me. I've said it a lot too.

Either way, yes :)

BoogyMan
02-07-2022, 10:37 PM
I don't see Trump happening again, he might be out there agitating, but I don't know that the country is up for it. I could be wrong.

What I don't see enough discussion of is what do we do about election fraud. There was undoubtedly a huge amount of fraud in the 2020 election and it will continue and get worse until it is squashed. The establishment politicians want to whitewash it, the Democrats want to run away from it, the media want to make it a topic that is never to be mentioned. This is not normal and it should not be treated as if it is normal.

The riot on 1/6 happened but I don't believe that we are getting the full scoop and the 1/6 folks seem to be working up a full Reichstag Fire Decree on the whole of the Republican party.

I don't trust ANY of the DC political class. This is a new thing for me. I have always seemed to find someone I could get behind and support, but as it is now, every one of those mouth breathing inbred troglodytes can go pound sand.

Just my 2 cents...

jimnyc
02-08-2022, 01:13 PM
I don't see Trump happening again, he might be out there agitating, but I don't know that the country is up for it. I could be wrong.

What I don't see enough discussion of is what do we do about election fraud. There was undoubtedly a huge amount of fraud in the 2020 election and it will continue and get worse until it is squashed. The establishment politicians want to whitewash it, the Democrats want to run away from it, the media want to make it a topic that is never to be mentioned. This is not normal and it should not be treated as if it is normal.

First off, subject at hand aside - Christie is a fat blowhard who is as crooked as they come and still hasn't answered to his own controversies in NJ.

Ok, that said...

I agree wholeheartedly with the above. I have been saying, even though I am a Trump supporter and think he 'could' still do some great things - but the country would fall backwards I believe. And not necessarily due to Trump, but his pecking wouldn't help things. The media and the left would instantly go insane - and Trump would he Hitler and worse within a week. We would deal with endless made up controversy and negativity that nothing would get done. Not worth it IMO.

I said after the last election, after the initial crap wore off - my stance was the fraud and the issues with the machines and more. That it all needed to be addressed and fixed by 2022. Some things have been prevented from the future, but I don't see the past issues addressed, nor the machines. And yups, the democrats lie through their teeth with a smile, the media cries bloody murder and anyone questioning the left must be a racist. It's all insanity.

SassyLady
02-08-2022, 03:31 PM
First off, subject at hand aside - Christie is a fat blowhard who is as crooked as they come and still hasn't answered to his own controversies in NJ.

Ok, that said...

I agree wholeheartedly with the above. I have been saying, even though I am a Trump supporter and think he 'could' still do some great things - but the country would fall backwards I believe. And not necessarily due to Trump, but his pecking wouldn't help things. The media and the left would instantly go insane - and Trump would he Hitler and worse within a week. We would deal with endless made up controversy and negativity that nothing would get done. Not worth it IMO.

I said after the last election, after the initial crap wore off - my stance was the fraud and the issues with the machines and more. That it all needed to be addressed and fixed by 2022. Some things have been prevented from the future, but I don't see the past issues addressed, nor the machines. And yups, the democrats lie through their teeth with a smile, the media cries bloody murder and anyone questioning the left must be a racist. It's all insanity.

Finchem from AZ is pushing to have ballots printed with a counterfeit water mark like paper money.

Gunny
02-08-2022, 04:47 PM
Wait until the Dems lose their asses. Republican attempts to verify voters/votes will appear amateurish by comparison. Otherwise, they have no interest in stopping voter fraud, as is evidenced by the proposed POS they tried to get through Congress last month. Dems love to tie up everything in court anyway, and every time the right gives them an idea, they run with it full bore.

Probably already planning their obstruction. It works for them every time and unlike when rightwingers do it (in the right or wrong, real or imagined) there're no years long Federal investigations for the media and left to feed off of.