PDA

View Full Version : Biden HHS to Fund Crack Pipe Distribution, Part of $30 Million 'Harm Reduction' Grant

BoogyMan
02-08-2022, 07:18 PM
I grew up with a drug abusing brother in my home. He did major damage to my family and to my father’s business and his ability to retire. Seeing the govt. now coming out and funding nearly 30 million in crack pipes and other illicit drug items enrages me beyond my ability to describe it. I have seen up close and personal what that garbage does to people. I have seen what happens when a person overdoses and the fight to keep them alive. I have seen the struggle to get them clean only to see them fall again.

This is the same govt. that won’t do a single thing to stop the fentanyl that is pouring into our country across the southern US border, or the cocaine, or any number of other drugs. But they will hand out crack pipes?

I didn’t think I could despise Joe Biden any more and then I find this.

https://cnsnews.com/article/washington/michael-w-chapman/biden-hhs-fund-crack-pipe-distribution-part-30-million-harm

The federal Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is planning to distribute $29,500,000 in "harm reduction" grants for drug abusers this spring, money that can be allocated for "safe smoking kits/supplies," meaning crack pipes and related paraphernalia.

Gunny
02-08-2022, 07:57 PM
I grew up with a drug abusing brother in my home. He did major damage to my family and to my father’s business and his ability to retire. Seeing the govt. now coming out and funding nearly 30 million in crack pipes and other illicit drug items enrages me beyond my ability to describe it. I have seen up close and personal what that garbage does to people. I have seen what happens when a person overdoses and the fight to keep them alive. I have seen the struggle to get them clean only to see them fall again.

This is the same govt. that won’t do a single thing to stop the fentanyl that is pouring into our country across the southern US border, or the cocaine, or any number of other drugs. But they will hand out crack pipes?

I didn’t think I could despise Joe Biden any more and then I find this.

https://cnsnews.com/article/washington/michael-w-chapman/biden-hhs-fund-crack-pipe-distribution-part-30-million-harmDemocrats are doing a bang up job proving how stupid they are. They're just throwing money down the drain that could be better spent on something positive; while, closing down our means of making it. Wonder where the left thinks money comes from? Like my ex-wife, if there's still checks in the checkbook :rolleyes:

Being a retired alcoholic, I know as well as every damned one of those addicts that no amount of money thrown at the problem is going to stop jack-sh*it until the addict wants to quit. It's one of those things like dying -- no one can do it for you.

BoogyMan
02-09-2022, 07:05 PM
Jen Psaki came out today and flat out denied that this exists, she is lying, but there you go. The program is documented.

jimnyc
02-09-2022, 07:53 PM
I was just reading a story on this and just learning of it today.

Unbelievable.

Geraldo asks what one would rather have: giving the pipes to addicts that need them - or having 100k dead addicts. :rolleyes:

How about stop making it an "either or" stance. How about option C - Help in a manner that may lead to some resolutions as opposed to just helping push the issue forward - on taxpayers dime.

SassyLady
02-10-2022, 01:19 AM

jimnyc
02-10-2022, 02:28 PM
First came the Obama phones, then came the Biden crackpipes. :rolleyes: