PDA

View Full Version : A Bit Of Commonsense

Kathianne
02-11-2022, 10:49 AM
Truly I've balanced my risks regarding covid and flu shots pretty much from the get go. I've had the flu. I know what is involved. I've had flu shots all the years while teaching, mandated. I got the flu every freaking year. Wasn't the case before shots, nor since. When I stopped teaching, I stopped getting flu vaccine.

Covid, I hadn't had, no one had at the start. Before vaccine, numbers were bad and escalating quick. I was glad to get it. It seem, imo, prudent. It was not forced and I knew people that chose differently. I still chose to see them and carry any risks.

My job still requires mask, I can live and laugh at it. At this point, I don't wear one in any other settings, outside of medical.

I'm against mandates. Part of me though almost wants to thank the hypocrisy that has illuminated the arrogance of the elites, the time is coming, they've awakened a significant portion of the citizenry.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/02/11/nyt-do-you-really-follow-the-science-or-do-reasonable-risk-balancing-n447938

Kathianne
02-13-2022, 12:33 PM
I'm happy to say. Yesterday the work mask wearing ended.

Gunny
02-13-2022, 01:09 PM
I'm happy to say. Yesterday the work mask wearing ended.Have to caveat "I don't wear one" with I don't really go anywhere that requires one.

Last time I had to go to Annabelle's school I needed one. Walgreen's still has a posted mask policy. Haven't been on base since before the pandemic began so I have no idea what their policy is; especially, since military has an immunization mandate. Not sure how they're handling it.

I reached the saturation point from both extremes and don't give a crap what anyone wants. Whatever stops the crying from both sides will work for me.

I think most sane people have just reached burnout with the whole thing.

Gunny
02-13-2022, 01:19 PM
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/12/senate-democrats-mask-mandates-00008417

Kathianne
02-13-2022, 01:34 PM
Have to caveat "I don't wear one" with I don't really go anywhere that requires one.

Last time I had to go to Annabelle's school I needed one. Walgreen's still has a posted mask policy. Haven't been on base since before the pandemic began so I have no idea what their policy is; especially, since military has an immunization mandate. Not sure how they're handling it.

I reached the saturation point from both extremes and don't give a crap what anyone wants. Whatever stops the crying from both sides will work for me.

I think most sane people have just reached burnout with the whole thing.
As I stated earlier, I don't wear them either, the exceptions being work-I like money, and medical visits-I like to be well. Until yesterday, work required, but done now.

Gunny
02-13-2022, 03:28 PM
As I stated earlier, I don't wear them either, the exceptions being work-I like money, and medical visits-I like to be well. Until yesterday, work required, but done now.:laugh:

jimnyc
02-13-2022, 04:55 PM
As I stated earlier, I don't wear them either, the exceptions being work-I like money, and medical visits-I like to be well. Until yesterday, work required, but done now.

Sometimes I like money too. 'Cept when various companies want some from me. Bastards.

fj1200
02-14-2022, 10:12 PM
I'm happy to say. Yesterday the work mask wearing ended.

For work I go to someone's house almost every day for about 30 minutes or so and 9+ times out of 10 no one cares. Black/white. Left/right. Rich/poor. And I usually have a mask around my wrist in case someone asks me to wear it. Only those with newborns or expecting typically ask me to wear it.