PDA

View Full Version : Would You For $1M

Kathianne
02-14-2022, 02:24 PM
She said, "No."

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2022/02/14/levis-brand-president-fired-for-refusing-to-stay-quiet-over-objections-to-covid-mandates-for-school-children-n448406

jimnyc
02-14-2022, 02:50 PM
That's a tough one.

When you are being asked about your beliefs and sharing them, or your own principles and how much it would take to go against them. And $1 million - $1,000,000! Had to write all the zeros for myself to see them! :)

I believe most people would instantly drop whatever belief they had in favor of the $$$. I honestly couldn't say unless it were dropped in a suitcase right in front of me. That's a lot of dough!

Kathianne
02-14-2022, 03:01 PM
That's a tough one.

When you are being asked about your beliefs and sharing them, or your own principles and how much it would take to go against them. And $1 million - $1,000,000! Had to write all the zeros for myself to see them! :)

I believe most people would instantly drop whatever belief they had in favor of the $$$. I honestly couldn't say unless it were dropped in a suitcase right in front of me. That's a lot of dough!

Good answer. I can say that if I'd already had her security, even less, I could say no. If I was younger, I probably would be less certain.

Gunny
02-14-2022, 03:56 PM
Good answer. I can say that if I'd already had her security, even less, I could say no. If I was younger, I probably would be less certain.

"I like money." :poke:

I could shut up about the masks and school closures. And move right along to Levis' SE Asian sweatshops :mad:

You'd have to come up with a different brand offering the bucks to shut me up.

jimnyc
02-14-2022, 04:35 PM

Amazing how money can have such influence. Maybe some would never compromise, but again for me, I would have to see it, touch it, and maybe start adding up all the goodies I could buy myself. :coffee::dance:

"I like money." :poke:

I could shut up about the masks and school closures. And move right along to Levis' SE Asian sweatshops :mad:

You'd have to come up with a different brand offering the bucks to shut me up.

I love money too! https://i.imgur.com/FNXyZYul.png

Gunny
02-14-2022, 04:40 PM
Amazing how money can have such influence. Maybe some would never compromise, but again for me, I would have to see it, touch it, and maybe start adding up all the goodies I could buy myself. :coffee::dance:

I love money too! https://i.imgur.com/FNXyZYul.png

Reference: "I like money" was a comment Kathianne made her thread about masks. I think it's titled "Some Common Sense" or something like that.

I was just reminding her :halo9:

Kathianne
02-14-2022, 06:11 PM
Reference: "I like money" was a comment Kathianne made her thread about masks. I think it's titled "Some Common Sense" or something like that.

I remember. I don't have that security she has.

jimnyc
02-14-2022, 06:20 PM

Oh, not me. I was referencing how much it would take to bribe me. And being I love money so much...

SassyLady
02-14-2022, 07:02 PM
As much as I like money, and could find many ways to spend it, I'm satisfied that I seem to always have what I need when I need it. I would never sign a non disclosure. I quit a job because they were asking me to look the other way about some unethical practices. I'm kinda stupid that way.

Gunny
02-15-2022, 08:32 AM
I'm going with the non-committal as far as the question in general. Depends on what I'm selling and how much I'm selling it for. Some things that used to matter don't anymore, and what matters to me might no others.

$1M to shut up about covid/vaccine/mandates? First, I want at least $2M (inflation). From there I'm going with Jimbob's response: once I get to thinking about what-all I can get for $2M ...

Bearing in mind: Nobody gives a crap about my opinion on covid/vaccine/mandates so I don't have a whole bunch for sale :)

Abbey Marie
02-17-2022, 07:25 PM
There are many things I simply would never compromise. I’m not so sure this is one of them.
Just being honest!