PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Vet Removes Mexico Flag flying over USA one in Reno!

-Cp
10-03-2007, 12:54 PM
God Bless this man!

“My name is Jim Bronson, and I took this flag down in honor of my country, with a knife of the United States Army! I am a veteran and I will not see this done to my country. If they want to fight us, then they need to be men. But I want someone to FIGHT me for this flag, because they’re not going to get it back!””

http://tinyurl.com/yvtbst

Monkeybone
10-03-2007, 01:10 PM
can't watch the video here, but from what i read, good that he did it, but not in the way that he did?

-Cp
10-03-2007, 01:21 PM
can't watch the video here, but from what i read, good that he did it, but not in the way that he did?

Here's a link to the article for those who can't watch the video:

http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7162515

red states rule
10-03-2007, 08:28 PM
The liberal media thinks it is fine to fly a mexican flag over Old Glory

CNN: Flying Mexican Flag Over US Flag Is OK
By Richard Newcomb | October 3, 2007 - 12:25 ET
A Mexican bar owner in Reno Nevada flew the Mexican flag above that of the United States. Only problem is that this is specifically illegal under United States Code Section 7, Title Four, which states,

(c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.

The brazen effrontery of the bar prompted an American veteran to cut down both flags. But when CNN reported on the event, they managed to significantly skew the perception. The CNN report simply states that the veteran was angry that the Mexican flag was placed above that of the US- no mention was made that it was in fact illegal under US law. CNN compounded their offense by showing in their video clip, not the actual words of the relevant US code that outlaws this action, but instead 'flag rules' taken from USHistory.org, thus downplaying the actual offense, by suggesting that athe law is in fact merely recommended behavior. As in so much relating to the illegal alien lobby, apprently it is OK with CNN for immigrants to disrespect and/or disobey the laws of our country, but let one American try to react, and they scream bloody murder. Balance? What balance? Cross-posted on StoneHeads.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/richard-newcomb/2007/10/03/cnn-flying-mexican-flag-over-us-flag-ok

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 12:04 AM
The liberal media, can kiss my proud american ass.

The liberal media thinks it is fine to fly a mexican flag over Old Glory

CNN: Flying Mexican Flag Over US Flag Is OK
By Richard Newcomb | October 3, 2007 - 12:25 ET
A Mexican bar owner in Reno Nevada flew the Mexican flag above that of the United States. Only problem is that this is specifically illegal under United States Code Section 7, Title Four, which states,

(c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.

The brazen effrontery of the bar prompted an American veteran to cut down both flags. But when CNN reported on the event, they managed to significantly skew the perception. The CNN report simply states that the veteran was angry that the Mexican flag was placed above that of the US- no mention was made that it was in fact illegal under US law. CNN compounded their offense by showing in their video clip, not the actual words of the relevant US code that outlaws this action, but instead 'flag rules' taken from USHistory.org, thus downplaying the actual offense, by suggesting that athe law is in fact merely recommended behavior. As in so much relating to the illegal alien lobby, apprently it is OK with CNN for immigrants to disrespect and/or disobey the laws of our country, but let one American try to react, and they scream bloody murder. Balance? What balance? Cross-posted on StoneHeads.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/richard-newcomb/2007/10/03/cnn-flying-mexican-flag-over-us-flag-ok

red states rule
10-04-2007, 05:38 AM
CNN is a proud member of the open borders crowd. What else can you expect from those idiots?

waterrescuedude2000
10-04-2007, 05:44 AM
is to go to the protest that the hispanics had today in front of our courthouse and burn the mexican flag. Or piss on it. But hey I am tired of them. I put up a bumper sticker today that says ICE Volunteer Corps. And gave them the bird as I drove by. There was quite a shouting match..... And can you believe the ACLU showed up to support the illegals???? They are another bunch of left wing jackasses.

By the way good seeing you back RSR where did you go into hiding at you were gone for a while I was worried about you man.

red states rule
10-04-2007, 05:49 AM
is to go to the protest that the hispanics had today in front of our courthouse and burn the mexican flag. Or piss on it. But hey I am tired of them. I put up a bumper sticker today that says ICE Volunteer Corps. And gave them the bird as I drove by. There was quite a shouting match..... And can you believe the ACLU showed up to support the illegals???? They are another bunch of left wing jackasses.

By the way good seeing you back RSR where did you go into hiding at you were gone for a while I was worried about you man.

What else would you expect from those idiots? The ACLU is nothing but a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of the DNC

-Cp
10-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Here's an interview w/ the Vet after the fact - he seems like a good guy...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BwAsqRjqRjA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BwAsqRjqRjA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Yurt
10-05-2007, 03:35 PM
That lousy excuse for a lawyer had the nerve to say "obscure" federal laws about our flag. I turned it off after I heard that. I guarantee though the lawyer did not say that the laws broken by that brave vet were "obscure."

That mexican knew exactly what he what he was doing with the flags. You do not need to know "laws" to know that a symbol on top is the dominant symbol. He knew full well that he was stating that the mexican flag had preminence over the American flag.

What the vet did was not "illegal" it was "undocumented" protest.

Yurt
10-05-2007, 05:01 PM
With this many views, I would think people would have something to say.

I mean, good lord, if someone took an army knife and cut down a rainbow flag, this thread would 10X as large. Where are your values?

actsnoblemartin
10-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I love this man, what a true patriot.

:).

Go home illegals, go home.

God Bless this man!

“My name is Jim Bronson, and I took this flag down in honor of my country, with a knife of the United States Army! I am a veteran and I will not see this done to my country. If they want to fight us, then they need to be men. But I want someone to FIGHT me for this flag, because they’re not going to get it back!””

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 12:57 PM
God Bless this man!

Actually, his name is Jim Brossard, and he's my friend. This is exactly what happened, and now, you don't see mexican flags flying above American flags in Reno anymore. Had I known this was happening, I'd have done exactly the same thing. Jim just beat me to it.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/shuJ3wHqXmw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/shuJ3wHqXmw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hagbard Celine
10-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Take that Mexican Flag! Yeah! Sock it to 'em!

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 02:00 PM

What ever the hell that means... :dunno:

manu1959
10-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Actually, his name is Jim Brossard, and he's my friend. This is exactly what happened, and now, you don't see mexican flags flying above American flags in Reno anymore. Had I known this was happening, I'd have done exactly the same thing. Jim just beat me to it.

somehow i knew you knew this guy.......tell him he is a great american.....

glockmail
10-25-2007, 02:08 PM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/shuJ3wHqXmw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/shuJ3wHqXmw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
When I first saw this a few weeks back I thought it might be you. It appears that I wasn't too far off the mark.

Hagbard Celine
10-25-2007, 02:15 PM
What ever the hell that means... :dunno:

It means kudos to you guys because ya'll are really out there on the front lines fighting the battles that MATTER.

gabosaurus
10-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Nice to see vigilante rednecks celebrated for their abhorrent ways. I would have taken a shot at him.

Monkeybone
10-25-2007, 02:18 PM
there is nothing wrong with what he did. did he hurt the guy?

there is a cop around here that is a former Marine and he switches flags around and takes down tattered ones. nothing wrong with ppl that respect and love the flag of the country.

manu1959
10-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Nice to see vigilante rednecks celebrated for their abhorrent ways. I would have taken a shot at him.

ya that redneck beener should have been shot....also what is a liberal moon bat doing with a gun.....

glockmail
10-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Nice to see vigilante rednecks celebrated for their abhorrent ways. I would have taken a shot at him. Who would have celebrated you?

glockmail
10-25-2007, 02:33 PM
It means kudos to you guys because ya'll are really out there on the front lines fighting the battles that MATTER.

Borders/ language/ culture. Nearly as important as God/ Family/ Country.

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 02:49 PM

You can thank people like Big Jim for fighting to make this country what it is, and giving you the right to call him names and smear his patriotism and threaten to shot him dead for it.

You are simply mind boggling outrageous. You'd rather defend the invader and kill the patriot. And you wonder why we dislike you liberals. You're traitors, plain and simple. You just proved it.

When and if a civil war ever breaks out, you better hide. I'll be shooting at you.

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 02:52 PM
somehow i knew you knew this guy.......tell him he is a great american.....

I email with him pretty regular. Believe me, he knows there's MAJOR support here in Reno, and around the country for him.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 03:01 PM
one of your guys know him, tell him he is an american hero :)

remie
10-25-2007, 03:02 PM

And that would have been your first mistake. WTF do you think it is wrong to stand up for our country? Would you like to just hand over the reins to another country? This is pretty far out even for you.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Dont worry about homo-saurus, she is a sick puppy.

Dont worry about her, she is a retard

And that would have been your first mistake. WTF do you think it is wrong to stand up for our country? Would you like to just hand over the reins to another country? This is pretty far out even for you.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 03:12 PM
You are a worthless piece of trash.

Why dont you crawl back under your san fran sicko rock, where common sense doesnt apply, and let the adults talk ok

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 03:15 PM
and you would have gone to jail for attempted murder.

Nice to see san fran sicko is represented so well

Instead of defending our country, they fight with and for the enemy

Your a piece of human feces

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 03:21 PM
and you would have gone to jail for attempted murder.

Nice to see san fran sicko is represented so well

Instead of defending our country, they fight with and for the enemy

Your a piece of human feces

Don't worry anm, had anyone laid a hand on Jim, let alone SHOT him, their life wouldn't worth spit.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks pale :), you made me feel better.

Gabo is like a skunk, full of hot air.

Don't worry anm, had anyone laid a hand on Jim, let alone SHOT him, their life wouldn't worth spit.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 03:25 PM
youre one of my hero's on this board :) Pale

It wasnt the same without you :(

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 04:17 PM
youre one of my hero's on this board :) Pale

It wasnt the same without you :(

Well I appreciate that brother. I'll try and live up to it.

You can thank Jimmy and the board admin for graciously inviting me back.

gabosaurus
10-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Flying a Mexican flag (or any offending flag) may offend your sensibilities, but it breaks no laws. Freedom of expression is what makes that country greater than all others. At least for now.

Let's suppose I am a peace activist. I am offended by someone who is flying a Marine Corps flag. Do I have the right to take it down?

Stop with the hatred. You will live better and longer if you didn't spend each day boiling over with hatred and scorn towards certain groups.

Trigg
10-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Flying a Mexican flag (or any offending flag) may offend your sensibilities, but it breaks no laws.

Read the article the Mexican flag was flown OVER the American one which is, in fact, against the law.

This afternoon we received a call from a viewer who said a business near downtown Reno was flying a Mexican flag above an American flag... which is in fact illegal.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21098285/

gabosaurus
10-25-2007, 05:39 PM
So call the authorities. No need to go Charles Bronson in an attempt to get your name in the news.

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Flying a Mexican flag (or any offending flag) may offend your sensibilities, but it breaks no laws. Freedom of expression is what makes that country greater than all others. At least for now.
Actually it has been determined that it is not illegal to fly another flag above the American flag, as much as I hate to admit that. The government has to abide by the existing rules of display for the American flag, but civilians don't.

Let's suppose I am a peace activist. I am offended by someone who is flying a Marine Corps flag. Do I have the right to take it down?
See... this is what I don't get... why would you disrespect the very organization that has fought to give you those very same rights you want to use against them? It's just twisted insanity to me. You should be thanking the Marines. If you have a beef about war, you need to go to Washington and talk with the President.

Stop with the hatred. You will live better and longer if you didn't spend each day boiling over with hatred and scorn towards certain groups.
So... you'd have SHOT Jim Brossard if you'd have seen him taking down that mexican flag... and now you're preaching stop the hate? Can you be any bigger hypocrite?

gabosaurus
10-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Pale, I am proposing hypothetical situations here. All I am saying is that you don't need to take the law into your own hands. Misuse of a flag is not exactly armed robbery. You pick up the phone and call someone.
This dude was merely looking for publicity. It's a cheap shot.
Try approaching things more logically.

Immanuel
10-25-2007, 06:16 PM
See... this is what I don't get... why would you disrespect the very organization that has fought to give you those very same rights you want to use against them? It's just twisted insanity to me. You should be thanking the Marines. If you have a beef about war, you need to go to Washington and talk with the President.

Greetings PR,

I don't believe we've met but welcome back as I understand you have had a forced exit for some time.

I have one question for you about your post.

Do you honestly think the President in Washington gives a rat's rear end what gabosaurus thinks or any of us for that matter?

Unless, of course, you have written a large check and are waving it in your hand and are prepared to hand it over, I doubt anyone in Washington really cares what you have to say.

Immie

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Pale, I am proposing hypothetical situations here. All I am saying is that you don't need to take the law into your own hands. Misuse of a flag is not exactly armed robbery. You pick up the phone and call someone.

And I counter, that through Jim Brossard's actions, he did what hundreds upon thousands of us also want to do. We're sick as hell of these in your face illegal aliens and their marches, their demands, La Raza, reconquista, their utter ARROGANCE, etc.. So when they fly their flag above ours, they're spitting in the face of every American, and they're not going to spit in mine. They're asking for it, and they're going to get it. America has been more than patient with these illegal sons a bitches, and now, our patience is running out.

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I have one question for you about your post.

Do you honestly think the President in Washington gives a rat's rear end what gabosaurus thinks or any of us for that matter?

Unless, of course, you have written a large check and are waving it in your hand and are prepared to hand it over, I doubt anyone in Washington really cares what you have to say.

Immie

No, I don't.

And I don't think waving a big check would make much difference either.... with bush.

Kathianne
10-25-2007, 06:29 PM

He didn't take the Mexican Flag, he took the American Flag. He shouldn't have, he should have done what he did, handed the American Flag to the owner, telling him he was breaking the law.

On the other hand, if I'd been gutsy enough to have taken both down, I'd probably cut up the Mexican Flag, starting some sort of incident. I'm glad Mr. Brossard had more control than I would have. I just hope he doesn't get charged with theft.

Mr. P
10-25-2007, 06:31 PM

You'll be hard pressed to find any vet that wouldn't have done the same.
He wasn't looking for publicity.

I've taken a U.S. flag down because it was in such shambles it should have been retired. I wasn't looking for publicity, just lookin after the symbol of this country with the honor and the respect it deserves.

chesswarsnow
10-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Big Bad Jim Brossard, should get a medal, *Congressional Medal Of Honor*:salute:
2. This guy is totally respectable.
3. I love this guy for doing what he did, and is standing his ground as well.
4. I think a *Statue* of him removing the *American Flag* and him throwing down the mexican flag, should be commissioned in bronze.
5. And a piece of ground should be bought right across from where this happened.
6. And this memorial should be made in his honor.
7. I shit you not, this man Jim Brossard, is a *Pure American Hero*.
8. Extend, *The Great CWN's* respects to your buddy for me.
9. Explain we stand with him 100%.
10. You have some *Great Friends* Pale Rider.
11. Glad you are back, this place is far better with you here.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Big Bad Jim Brossard, should get a medal, *Congressional Medal Of Honor*:salute:
2. This guy is totally respectable.
3. I love this guy for doing what he did, and is standing his ground as well.
4. I think a *Statue* of him removing the *American Flag* and him throwing down the mexican flag, should be commissioned in bronze.
5. And a piece of ground should be bought right across from where this happened.
6. And this memorial should be made in his honor.
7. I shit you not, this man Jim Brossard, is a *Pure American Hero*.
8. Extend, *The Great CWN's* respects to your buddy for me.
9. Explain we stand with him 100%.
10. You have some *Great Friends* Pale Rider.
11. Glad you are back, this place is far better with you here.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I'll tell ya what I'll do. I'll email Big Jim and tell him of this board and this thread with a link. Maybe he'll come over and put in an appearance.

chesswarsnow
10-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. He would be a *Great Addition*.
2. I just loved the way he stood up to that *Neoliberal* lawyer dude.
3. Tried to say he broke the law, by taking down the *American Flag*.
4. This mexican business owner just about shit his pants.
5. And had nothing to say when asked,"What do you think about that?"
6. Just scurried off into his bar.
7. Big Jim did what was right, nothing more nothing less, this is his Country, as it is mine, and what he did was protect this *Nations Honor*.
8. I think the ICE team should pay that bar a visit, and check papers.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas