PDA

View Full Version : A threat Ukraine could make that would get Putin's attention?

Russ
02-21-2022, 01:11 PM
Please someone correct me if I'm missing something. It seems to me there is a threat Ukraine could make that would make Putin think twice, and would also get Europe's attention.

Russia supplies a large amount of energy to Europe, in the form of natural gas and oil. The gas and oil is supplied to Europe through pipelines, and a high percentage of the pipelines go through Ukraine. Not only does Europe depend on the energy going through these pipelines, but Putin and Russia depend on the income they get from the energy going through the pipelines.

If I were Ukraine, I would consider shutting off a pipeline or two, and threatening to shut them all. For now I would be shutting them by turning a valve that can be turned back on, but as a failsafe I would consider welding the valves in the off position. I would further even consider explosives in some remote area where the pipelines go as an even higher level threat.

Drastic, I realize, but the alternative is getting invaded and annexed by Russia. Am I missing any reason why Ukraine should not consider doing this?

By the way, this all would not be happening if Biden had not shut down American pipelines and given US permission for Russia's "Nord" pipeline. Biden directly set up this whole fiasco.