PDA

View Full Version : Messed Up Hand

Gunny
02-24-2022, 10:11 AM
Yall will just have to get over it, and endure my lack of typing skills being worse for a bit. Currently have 1 hand and 3 fingers 2 use.

Woke up the other day and asked myself: "Self, what would Jimbob do"? I know, let's lift this .... Bar crash. Thumb went with.

I have duct tape :drillsarge:

Kathianne
02-24-2022, 10:23 AM
Yall will just have to get over it, and endure my lack of typing skills being worse for a bit. Currently have 1 hand and 3 fingers 2 use.

Woke up the other day and asked myself: "Self, what would Jimbob do"? I know, let's lift this .... Bar crash. Thumb went with.

Oh No!!! Wondered where you've been. Thought maybe the kids got ahold of duct tape and we needed to rescue our Gunny!

Gunny
02-24-2022, 10:29 AM
Oh No!!! Wondered where you've been. Thought maybe the kids got ahold of duct tape and we needed to rescue our Gunny!

That too. Had jacob whole time. 1st year school. Catching everything.

Mouse is r handed :smoke:

Kathianne
02-24-2022, 10:34 AM
That too. Had jacob whole time. 1st year school. Catching everything.

Mouse is r handed :smoke:

Your right hand? Double oh no!

hjmick
02-24-2022, 03:37 PM
A likely story...

BoogyMan
02-24-2022, 04:23 PM
Hope it gets better quickly. One handed typing stinks. I have arthritis issues and when it acts up my typing gets weird.

Gunny
02-25-2022, 09:05 AM
Your right hand? Double oh no!I am left handed. Mouse still right handed. Using POS pad on laptop. External mouse on vacation :)

Abbey Marie
02-27-2022, 11:46 AM
I am left handed. Mouse still right handed. Using POS pad on laptop. External mouse on vacation :)

Same here. Left-handed, but learned to mouse with the right. This ​is why we lefties are more ambidextrous.

tailfins
02-27-2022, 01:30 PM

When I saw the title of your post, I was thinking that maybe you lost a grand betting on an inside straight.

Gunny
02-27-2022, 01:49 PM
Same here. Left-handed, but learned to mouse with the right. This ​is why we lefties are more ambidextrous.I've had to learn to do a lot of things r handed based on design. Talk about discrimination. When I was a wee lad, they tried to force us to be r handed.

I've managed around most things ...BUT ...

I was LMAO at myself the other night. Was cold. Usually wear long johns and cammie trousers when it just stays cold. So there I was, cammie trou's, combat boots, and my grandson tying them for me:laugh:

Good thing I taught him to tie shoes. His sisters can't.

jimnyc
02-28-2022, 11:32 AM

Bwaaghahahaha!

Ok, I kid, I kid. :coffee:

How's it doing now?

Gunny
02-28-2022, 11:52 AM
Bwaaghahahaha!

Ok, I kid, I kid. :coffee:

How's it doing now?

Besides hurting 24-7? Just peachy-keen.

Referencing my grandson tying my boots ... so I was getting him to pre-tie my sneaks (loosely) so I can pull them on. He went back to school today. Conversation went like this:

I need you to tie these for me.

But you aren't wearing them. (he's 4)

But I will need them later and I can just pull them on. Just tie them like I showed you.

But you aren't wearing them.

It took awhile to get past that. Kept looking at me like I was nuts. Doubt he got it :laugh:

Gunny
03-02-2022, 11:24 AM
Didn't go into detail previously. Thumb is dislocated, and partial tear in muscle. It is splinted to my index finger. So how does one care for one's thumb in such a state?

Stand and stretch, forgetting one has a ceiling fan that's only been there longer than I have been. If you guessed that THAT hurt like hell when I stuck my hand in it, you guessed right.

I have come to the conclusion that I much prefer living jimnyc 's f- ups vicariously reading them on the board than channeling them :smoke:

jimnyc
03-05-2022, 01:08 PM
Didn't go into detail previously. Thumb is dislocated, and partial tear in muscle. It is splinted to my index finger. So how does one care for one's thumb in such a state?

Stand and stretch, forgetting one has a ceiling fan that's only been there longer than I have been. If you guessed that THAT hurt like hell when I stuck my hand in it, you guessed right.

I have come to the conclusion that I much prefer living jimnyc 's f- ups vicariously reading them on the board than channeling them :smoke:

Could be worse...

Was watching some old MMA videos this morning and saw a guy get into a kimura and he refused to tap, so the other guy ended up breaking his arm like a chicken wing behind his back. So of course the announcer had to remind everyone that he won't be able to wipe his own butt for the next 10-12 months! :laugh: