PDA

View Full Version : Does your Employer restrict your attire?

darin
10-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Mine does...from time to time. Next week we've got a pretty high-profile trial.

We just got 'notice' we cannot wear ANYTHING within 50 feet of our building which features the photo of the accused or anything calling into question the legality of the war in Iraq, or any other statement in support or against the accused.

It's WEIRD when trials happen around here.

-Cp
10-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Good to know - so I can be down there with my shirts on calling into question the Character of that twit! :P

Monkeybone
10-03-2007, 02:47 PM
mine does! dress nice or wear scrubs. and no showing of tats.

manu1959
10-03-2007, 03:16 PM
mine does.....i ask all the women to dress as sexy as possible.....

the more skin the bigger the...............

raise and bonus

:laugh2:

darin
10-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Would you hire me?? :)

manu1959
10-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Would you hire me?? :)

nope only women....i am sexists....and a liar....remember...truth matters

darin
10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
...and...with...your...pun...old...romantic...use. ..of...are you archangel???

:D

Abbey Marie
10-03-2007, 03:37 PM
...and...with...your...pun...old...romantic...use. ..of...are you archangel???

Archangel... architect. Same first four letters. I wonder...

Jon
10-03-2007, 03:45 PM

We just got 'notice' we cannot wear ANYTHING within 50 feet of our building which features the photo of the accused or anything calling into question the legality of the war in Iraq, or any other statement in support or against the accused.

Whew!

For a minute there, I thought you were going to tell me that you can no longer wear pantyhose and high heels to work. Then what would you do?

darin
10-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Whew!

For a minute there, I thought you were going to tell me that you can no longer wear pantyhose and high heels to work. Then what would you do?

Then I'd have to dress like you - without those items. :) They just get in the way, anyway.

Jon
10-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Then I'd have to dress like you - without those items. :) They just get in the way, anyway.

Yeah. You're right. I dress without those items.

How are you ever going to get another raise? :D

darin
10-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Knee Pads.

Jon
10-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Knee Pads.

Awe-some!

Knee pads are still allowed? You're saved! :clap:

dan
10-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Nope. Jeans & t-shirt every day for me.

Gaffer
10-03-2007, 08:29 PM
sweat pants for me. when it gets cold I add a sweat shirt and socks. There are bennies to being retired.

5stringJeff
10-03-2007, 08:54 PM

Retrial, eh? :)

There's no dress code at our school, thank goodness. It would be a shame if all these 18-19 year old women had to cover up. :D

darin
10-03-2007, 09:52 PM
hah...jeff....playa.

manu1959
10-03-2007, 09:53 PM
hah...jeff....playa.

you know he is rubbin one out between classes..........:laugh2:

diuretic
10-04-2007, 01:23 AM
I have to wear a uniform. I get told when to wear a summer uniform and when to wear a winter uniform (we apparently can't figure it out for ourselves).

Said1
10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Very strict dress code.

They even restrict what we're allowed to talk about, with certain other employees. And no congratulating lawyers or talking to them about cases. Instant dismissal......supposedly. :fu:

diuretic
10-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Very strict dress code.

They even restrict what we're allowed to talk about, with certain other employees. And no congratulating lawyers or talking to them about cases. Instant dismissal......supposedly. :fu:

You work in a courtroom?

5stringJeff
10-05-2007, 07:10 AM
hah...jeff....playa.

I've got a story to tell... at a later date. Nothing bad.

gabosaurus
10-05-2007, 11:54 AM
As a grad student, I am expected to "dress in a respectable manner" for class.

My husband's company has a dress code. He has to wear a tie, dress pants and shoes.

AFbombloader
10-05-2007, 01:56 PM
I think my answer to this is a YES. I might even have everyone on this post beat as to the restrictions I have on what I can and cannot wear. I am not complaining tho, pretty easy to get ready for work, "do I want to wear the uniform....or the other uniform???"

AF:salute:

Nukeman
10-05-2007, 02:00 PM
I think my answer to this is a YES. I might even have everyone on this post beat as to the restrictions I have on what I can and cannot wear. I am not complaining tho, pretty easy to get ready for work, "do I want to wear the uniform....or the other uniform???"

Hey AF like the new avatar by the way. Would that be the blue uniform or the blue uniform?????:laugh2:

darin
10-05-2007, 02:00 PM
...but you guys are issued gloves with every uniform...The Army is not. ;)

AFbombloader
10-05-2007, 02:16 PM
...but you guys are issued gloves with every uniform...The Army is not. ;)

Everybody is issued black, dress gloves in BMT. After that you can get them if your job requires them, but most of the AF would buy them. I have been issued more than I can count, but I worked on aircraft and they get hot sitting in the blazing desert sun. I would think if someone in the Army needed gloves they would get them.

AFbombloader
10-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Hey AF like the new avatar by the way. Would that be the blue uniform or the blue uniform?????:laugh2:

The blue one.....or the long sleeve blue one....and sometimes the camo one!

darin
10-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Everybody is issued black, dress gloves in BMT. After that you can get them if your job requires them, but most of the AF would buy them. I have been issued more than I can count, but I worked on aircraft and they get hot sitting in the blazing desert sun. I would think if someone in the Army needed gloves they would get them.

No - your gloves are attached to your trousers. ;)

(In the army, when ppl have their hands in their pockets we call it 'airforce gloves'...see, the joke was, the airforce stood around all day w/ their hands in their pockets...cuz they didn't work...)

:salute:

5stringJeff
10-05-2007, 08:50 PM
As a grad student, I am expected to "dress in a respectable manner" for class.

Really? As a grad student, I'm just expected not to break public decency laws. :)

Guernicaa
10-05-2007, 09:17 PM
I can usually wear whatever I want because I'm still in school.

I've seen people get crap said to them about things written on t-shirts though. One kid got sent home because of a cartoon on his t-shirt of a drunk spongebob that said "Spongebob Smashedpants"...I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Theres also this constant war between uptight (conservative asshole) teachers and well dressed girls.

AFbombloader
10-05-2007, 09:38 PM
No - your gloves are attached to your trousers. ;)

(In the army, when ppl have their hands in their pockets we call it 'airforce gloves'...see, the joke was, the airforce stood around all day w/ their hands in their pockets...cuz they didn't work...)

:salute:

HAHA! :clap::clap::clap:

I guess that would go over well on a post, never heard it, but good one.