PDA

View Full Version : The Russian People

Kathianne
02-28-2022, 01:47 AM
My heart goes out to them. So many protests and so many arrested. This is no more their fault than Joe's refusal to restart oil production is ours. Yet, it's the people who will pay for their leaders' follies.

Instead of marches regarding vaccines and masks, which are fading fast in any event, I sure would like to see the same response to opening pipelines here and from Israel/Greece and full throttle on fraking and natural gas. I'm all for developing green tach, but in it's not only impractical, but from what I read is even worse for the environment. Smaller, safer nuclear is the best solution in-between, but years to build.

Kathianne
02-28-2022, 02:33 AM
Wow!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10546799/More-150-senior-Russian-officials-sign-open-letter-condemning-Putins-invasion-Ukraine.html

Gunny
02-28-2022, 10:13 AM
My heart goes out to them. So many protests and so many arrested. This is no more their fault than Joe's refusal to restart oil production is ours. Yet, it's the people who will pay for their leaders' follies.

Instead of marches regarding vaccines and masks, which are fading fast in any event, I sure would like to see the same response to opening pipelines here and from Israel/Greece and full throttle on fraking and natural gas. I'm all for developing green tach, but in it's not only impractical, but from what I read is even worse for the environment. Smaller, safer nuclear is the best solution in-between, but years to build.

The "people", Russian or otherwise, are pawns to the desires of elites cloaking their true identities in the word "government". Always have been. We are as much victim to it as Russian and Ukrainian people. This is Putin's war, as the link in your second post suggests, not the people's. The people fight the wars and suffer their consequences.

Meanwhile, the elites, to include our very own basement dweller, are seeking out all the loopholes to continue doing oil and energy business with a psychopath.

jimnyc
02-28-2022, 11:44 AM
Wow!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10546799/More-150-senior-Russian-officials-sign-open-letter-condemning-Putins-invasion-Ukraine.html

Yeps, everyone is losing here - and that includes Russia. And it will continue to get worse for them.