PDA

View Full Version : On The Chechnya Warriors

Kathianne
02-28-2022, 02:10 PM
I've made clear I think, that military matters are not my specialty. While I'm aware of the turning points and often the broader thinking of why's and outcomes, not specifics.

This report seems of interest:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-chechen-fighters-ukraine

Gunny
02-28-2022, 02:12 PM
I've made clear I think, that military matters are not my specialty. While I'm aware of the turning points and often the broader thinking of why's and outcomes, not specifics.

This report seems of interest:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-chechen-fighters-ukraineMongols. Their descendants.

Kathianne
02-28-2022, 02:12 PM
Mongols. Their descendants.
Did you read? Another miscalculation?

Gunny
02-28-2022, 02:23 PM
Did you read? Another miscalculation?Miscalculation by who? Putin? Chechens are reknowned savages of the first order. Would I include them in an invasion of Ukraine was I Putin? Might have them in reserve in case things went the way they are going but I would not introduce them into an area I hoped to overrun and pacify with as little damage as possible.

Call it "another miscalculation" by Putin. One it appears the Ukranians were ready for.

Kathianne
02-28-2022, 02:26 PM
Miscalculation by who? Putin? Chechens are reknowned savages of the first order. Would I include them in an invasion of Ukraine was I Putin? Might have them in reserve in case things went the way they are going but I would not introduce them into an area I hoped to overrun and pacify with as little damage as possible.

Call it "another miscalculation" by Putin. One it appears the Ukranians were ready for.

I definitely meant Putin miscalculated. It seems the Ukrainians got the best on the Mongols as you called them, at least for now.

Gunny
02-28-2022, 03:31 PM
I definitely meant Putin miscalculated. It seems the Ukrainians got the best on the Mongols as you called them, at least for now.

I think Putin did a LOT of miscalculating. Starting with the popularity for this war at home. I hear too some of his oligarch cronies are grumbling.

Chechens are people you break out when you want scorched Earth. Then again, the Golden Horde probably could have gotten a lot further (in fact they did) in Ukraine on horses than Putin has :laugh:

The biggest miscalculation which I also see as the reason for Pooh backpedalling his ass off? Putin thought this was going to turn into a staring contest between he and Biden/the US, as it has been since 1949.