PDA

View Full Version : Arrrg! A Decent Article From CNN

Kathianne
02-28-2022, 03:10 PM
Like almost, not totally unbiased.
Even worse! They're spelling Zelensky with one y!

Gunny
02-28-2022, 03:33 PM
Like almost, not totally unbiased.
Even worse! They're spelling Zelensky with one y!Need to hold back that excitement. In your giddiness, you forgot the article ? :)

Kathianne
02-28-2022, 03:36 PM
Need to hold back that excitement. In your giddiness, you forgot the article ? :)

:laugh2:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/28/politics/zelensky-us-response-to-russia/index.html

Gunny
02-28-2022, 03:47 PM
:laugh2:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/28/politics/zelensky-us-response-to-russia/index.htmlA question becoming more and more relevant: How and what to provide Putin an "off ramp"? All this political crap is fine. He's got to be given a reason to take his finger off the nuclear trigger rather than one to pull it.

fj1200
02-28-2022, 06:30 PM
Sacrifice the Donbas.

Gunny
02-28-2022, 06:36 PM
Sacrifice the Donbas.Crimea?

fj1200
03-01-2022, 07:17 AM
Crimea?

Like they took over Crimea? I suppose.

Gunny
03-01-2022, 10:07 AM
Sacrifice the Donbas.

Like they took over Crimea? I suppose.No. Got a Plan B?

In a war about territorial integrity the last thing you cede is territory. Regardless practicality from your POV (practicality being something I don't necessarily disagree with), the last thing you do is cede territory -- giving Putin what he wants. That's a loss no matter how it's spun. Then you have to consider "what's he want next time?". There WILL be a next time if you cede territory.

Trying to not get into detail, I'm thinking something more along this line:

Tell you what, Vlad, you get your ass out of Ukraine, to include Crimea, and we drop ALL sanctions on Russia. Not some, all. You get a clean slate and a chance to play ball and get along. You can sell it to the Russian people you had to think about them first or whatever. Be their hero.

Be a lot of details involved. Always is. Something along those lines though gives him something tangible to sell to Russia where he stands to gain face rather than lose it.

fj1200
03-01-2022, 03:49 PM
No. Got a Plan B?

In a war about territorial integrity the last thing you cede is territory. Regardless practicality from your POV (practicality being something I don't necessarily disagree with), the last thing you do is cede territory -- giving Putin what he wants. That's a loss no matter how it's spun. Then you have to consider "what's he want next time?". There WILL be a next time if you cede territory.

Trying to not get into detail, I'm thinking something more along this line:

Tell you what, Vlad, you get your ass out of Ukraine, to include Crimea, and we drop ALL sanctions on Russia. Not some, all. You get a clean slate and a chance to play ball and get along. You can sell it to the Russian people you had to think about them first or whatever. Be their hero.

Be a lot of details involved. Always is. Something along those lines though gives him something tangible to sell to Russia where he stands to gain face rather than lose it.

It would be the first time in the history of sanctions that they actually worked if that were to happen IIRC. Short of that then there would need to be someone to push him out and I don't think Ukraine does it in the long term. Cede the territory, allow Ukraine some sort of EU membership, set up a NATO base, and draw a line.

Just spit balling here. ;)

Kathianne
03-02-2022, 01:21 PM
Related:

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/03/02/the-ap-fact-checks-biden-on-guns-and-more-n452314