PDA

View Full Version : One for You, Rev

Gunny
02-28-2022, 08:16 PM
revelarts Didn't want you to feel all left out or ignored :)

So I was thinking about donating to Ukraine. The very next thought that came to mind is I would be added to a government "list" as someone who supports insurgency and whatnot :)

I'm only half-joking. I put nothing past the bureaucracy nowadays.

revelarts
02-28-2022, 08:55 PM
@revelarts (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1760) Didn't want you to feel all left out or ignored :)

So I was thinking about donating to Ukraine. The very next thought that came to mind is I would be added to a government "list" as someone who supports insurgency and whatnot :)

I'm only half-joking. I put nothing past the bureaucracy nowadays.
Ok,
Gunny, I'm thinking You're probably already on several gov't list.
As a weapons owner and a Vet it's pretty much guaranteed. who know what others.
One more list won't break the camels back.
...yet.:rolleyes:

:tinfoil:

Gunny
02-28-2022, 09:19 PM
Ok,
Gunny, I'm thinking You're probably already on several gov't list.
As a weapons owner and a Vet it's pretty much guaranteed. who know what others.
One more list won't break the camels back.
...yet.:rolleyes:

:tinfoil:Thanks for cheering me up :laugh:

I know what others :halo9:

The mentality of even caring "what others" was the point :poke:

SassyLady
03-01-2022, 12:51 AM
Thanks for cheering me up :laugh:

I know what others :halo9:

The mentality of even caring "what others" was the point :poke:

Pretty shitty when a person can't donate without the thought your bank account will be frozen and siezed because your thoughts don't align with of those in power.

revelarts
03-01-2022, 06:55 AM
Pretty shitty when a person can't donate without the thought your bank account will be frozen and siezed because your thoughts don't align with of those in power.

But the people like Gunny are assisting "terrorist" and insurrectionist Sassy.
And it's always ok to do whatever it takes to deal with terrorist... and coconspirators ... like gunny.
Plus it's all legal and constitutional because the gov't says so... and the SOTUS hasn't said it's not.
Plus it's a WAR on terror sassy, 'civilian' laws don't apply with these terrorist... foreign or domestic... world is a battle field ya know.
Gitmo's still open for a reason.
So what's the problem.

:(

Gunny
03-01-2022, 10:37 AM
But the people like Gunny are assisting "terrorist" and insurrectionist Sassy.
And it's always ok to do whatever it takes to deal with terrorist... and coconspirators ... like gunny.
Plus it's all legal and constitutional because the gov't says so... and the SOTUS hasn't said it's not.
Plus it's a WAR on terror sassy, 'civilian' laws don't apply with these terrorist... foreign or domestic... world is a battle field ya know.
Gitmo's still open for a reason.
So what's the problem.

:(I have to agree government misuse of the law/intent of law is out of control in this country. Federal law especially is enforced more on labels than facts. I always come back to Jan 6th vs the actual takeover of federal buildings in Portland, Seattle, Chicago and MN. An out of control right wing mob is an insurrection while a destructive, out of control leftwingnut mob destroying infrastructure/lives is "dissent" backed openly by elected officials.

If the latter was getting the same treatment as the former I'd be more amenable to whatever comes of this Jan 6th committee. As it stands, the Jan 6th committee has no legitimacy with me because the others were just brushed aside then under the rug.

I also suspect that given the numbers, this committee has destroyed a whole bunch of lives based on finger-pointing. "Gunny buys workout gear from a Ukranian. Let's tear his life up looking for his obvious connection to anti-government-think hate groups" :rolleyes: