PDA

View Full Version : Spoils of War

NightTrain
03-02-2022, 06:59 PM
Say you're a Ukrainian Farmer who just acquired a Russian tank...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIB7QPsNA_w&t=11s

You'd probably have to pay taxes on that, right? Nope!

Got to love the humor the Ukrainians are displaying through all this.

Also, a few jokers on the local car-selling sites have a few Russian toys up for sale. Unfortunately, most of them have a missing title or were recently involved in a fender bender :

Low miles! One owner!

Gunny
03-02-2022, 07:02 PM

Also, a few jokers on the local car-selling sites have a few Russian toys up for sale. Unfortunately, most of them have a missing title or were recently involved in a fender bender :

Low miles! One owner!Just posted a similar thread. Had me laughing my ass off. :laugh2:

Gunny
03-02-2022, 07:22 PM
I didn't see the second ad :laugh2:

They keep this shit up I might have to go find my passport. I can still shoot and the invite is for "people from other countries too" :dev:

And I'm BORED.

NightTrain
03-02-2022, 07:37 PM
I didn't see the second ad :laugh2:

They keep this shit up I might have to go find my passport. I can still shoot and the invite is for "people from other countries too" :dev:

And I'm BORED.

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in that. A shame that the USAF couldn't give a squadron of F-22 pilots a month leave with the keys to the Raptors. They'd have the aerial situation sorted out in short order.

I wonder, though, are mercenaries covered by the Geneva Convention? Not that I expect Russia to abide by them, but that seems to me like it would be in a grey area.

Speaking of mercenaries, the vaunted Chechnya mercs got wiped out, and the other one was captured. So much for that fearsome reputation. There were videos of Ukrainians dipping their ammo in pig's blood and lard. The outrage and horror from muzzles worldwide was awesome!

Kathianne
03-02-2022, 07:58 PM

Low miles! One owner!

I 😆. If you hadn't posted I'd have tonight. Cracks me up!

Things are much worse today. I'm on dinner and came here first.

Kathianne
03-02-2022, 08:00 PM
There seems to be quite a bit of interest in that. A shame that the USAF couldn't give a squadron of F-22 pilots a month leave with the keys to the Raptors. They'd have the aerial situation sorted out in short order.

I wonder, though, are mercenaries covered by the Geneva Convention? Not that I expect Russia to abide by them, but that seems to me like it would be in a grey area.

Speaking of mercenaries, the vaunted Chechnya mercs got wiped out, and the other one was captured. So much for that fearsome reputation. There were videos of Ukrainians dipping their ammo in pig's blood and lard. The outrage and horror from muzzles worldwide was awesome!

They got the plans in advance. Lots of speculation today on who Putin needs to kill off, someone is leaking a lot.

Gunny
03-02-2022, 08:11 PM

Speaking of mercenaries, the vaunted Chechnya mercs got wiped out, and the other one was captured. So much for that fearsome reputation. There were videos of Ukrainians dipping their ammo in pig's blood and lard. The outrage and horror from muzzles worldwide was awesome!Technically, anyone receiving compensation for military service is a merc. You're only not a merc if your government is the winner and says so. That IS basically how it works.

As I kathianne and I discussed (you too, I think), the chechens were the wrong tool for the job. Read somewhere they didn't fare very well as "commandoes" in Syria either. They're vicious warriors in combat. If you want everyone dead and everything destroyed, I hear they're quire effective. At being hitmen, not so much. I can understand that. Stick me in an air or artillery unit I wouldn't know what was going on. Not what I'm trained for.

Need to watch being video'd doing things like the pig's blood and lard. That IS illegal. More than that, it can turn public sentiment against you in a minute and remember who their main audience is: Western Europe and the US. I can already see AOC making some bigass deal out of it.

Me? Don't want to get killed in any particular gruesome manner? Stay out of my yard.

NightTrain
03-02-2022, 08:40 PM
They got the plans in advance. Lots of speculation today on who Putin needs to kill off, someone is leaking a lot.

Yeah, they made sure to mention that the informant is in the FSB. That's a magnificent bit of trolling - Putin's got to be paranoid by now, and to have this leaked internationally? Brilliant.

I'm pretty sure there's some terrified Military Intelligence guys right now, and resources devoted to looking over everyone's files when they would be helping the war effort.

Even if he doesn't believe it, he can't ignore it. I love it. :beer:

NightTrain
03-02-2022, 08:44 PM
Technically, anyone receiving compensation for military service is a merc. You're only not a merc if your government is the winner and says so. That IS basically how it works.

As I kathianne and I discussed (you too, I think), the chechens were the wrong tool for the job. Read somewhere they didn't fare very well as "commandoes" in Syria either. They're vicious warriors in combat. If you want everyone dead and everything destroyed, I hear they're quire effective. At being hitmen, not so much. I can understand that. Stick me in an air or artillery unit I wouldn't know what was going on. Not what I'm trained for.

Need to watch being video'd doing things like the pig's blood and lard. That IS illegal. More than that, it can turn public sentiment against you in a minute and remember who their main audience is: Western Europe and the US. I can already see AOC making some bigass deal out of it.

Me? Don't want to get killed in any particular gruesome manner? Stay out of my yard.

Everything I've seen has the muzzies rooting for Putin. I've advocated for our guys doing that, but that's my sense of humor - just the threat of doing that sends them into convulsions of horror, and I'm all for that.

You don't even need to get into the obvious downside of screwing up your rifle with pig fat. They never make it that far because they seize at the thought. :beer:

Gunny
03-02-2022, 09:07 PM
Everything I've seen has the muzzies rooting for Putin. I've advocated for our guys doing that, but that's my sense of humor - just the threat of doing that sends them into convulsions of horror, and I'm all for that.

You don't even need to get into the obvious downside of screwing up your rifle with pig fat. They never make it that far because they seize at the thought. :beer:

Of course the ragheads are going to root for Putin. Probably few even know why. They're that stupid. "Well, Omar said ....":rolleyes:

If I was going to doctor up my weapon or rounds, I never heard or saw such a thing. It's against the law, dontcha know :halo9:

NightTrain
03-02-2022, 10:08 PM
Oh, this has to hurt. $600 million? Sell it and give the proceeds to Ukraine.

Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov was sanctioned by the European Union on Monday. Two days later, Forbes has learned from three sources in the yacht industry that one of his prized possessions—the 512-foot yacht Dilbar, valued at nearly $600 million—has been seized by German authorities in the northern city of Hamburg…

Usmanov purchased Dilbar in 2016 for a reported cost of $600 million from German shipbuilder Lürssen, which custom-built it for him over 52 months. The firm calls it “one of the most complex and challenging yachts ever built, in terms of both dimensions and technology.” At 15,917 tons, it’s the world’s largest motor yacht by gross tonnage, and is typically manned by a crew of 96 people. Dilbar boasts the largest swimming pool ever installed on a yacht as well as two helicopter pads, a sauna, a beauty salon, and a gym. Its plush interiors have more than 1,000 sofa cushions and it can host up to 24 people in 12 suites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pGmUvTiD8Q

Gunny
03-03-2022, 06:56 PM

You don't even need to get into the obvious downside of screwing up your rifle with pig fat. They never make it that far because they seize at the thought. :beer:Here's something I've been pondering and don't get:

So you want to knock off Zelenskiy. Why would you get "hitmen" from Chechnya who stand out like a sore thumb ethnically? Doubtful they know anything about Ukraine's interior.

Dumb. If I wanted to try and put a hit on Zelenskiy, I'd get a pro-Russian Ukranian to do it. Somebody that doesn't have to stop and ask for directions :rolleyes:

NightTrain
03-03-2022, 10:30 PM
The Chechens didn't work out, for sure.

I'd be more worried about the Wagner group of mercenaries... allegedly there's 400 of them looking for Zelensky.

But these are all relatively small cities, so groups of unknown men are immediately suspect. Sounds like the Ukrainian system of IFF within town is working well so far.