PDA

View Full Version : dems using rush, to make america forget general betrayus ad

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
your thoughts?

manu1959
10-03-2007, 04:05 PM
my thoughts are this.....

anything a dem accuses you of.....they are themsleves guilty of.....

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2007, 04:12 PM
exactly, the new dems love to criticize you, but they have no family values, or values at all in my opinion

my thoughts are this.....

anything a dem accuses you of.....they are themsleves guilty of.....

BoogyMan
10-03-2007, 04:22 PM
It is pretty obvious that they intend to completely skewer the guy over a made up charge and they are content to rely on the fact that most of America isn't going to go and do the research to find out the truth for themselves. I am not a big Limbaugh fan, as I find the guy to be obnoxious and he gets on my nerves, but he is being railroaded here.

red states rule
10-03-2007, 04:50 PM
your thoughts?

Dems are like farm animals. Always stepping in huge piles of shit

Gaffer
10-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Anything that takes away from the betray us ad will be used.

They have been attacking Limbaugh for years. This is nothing new.

red states rule
10-03-2007, 04:52 PM

I am sure the will get the same results from their previous attacks

Rush will get more listeners and higher ratings

manu1959
10-03-2007, 04:53 PM
It is pretty obvious that they intend to completely skewer the guy over a made up charge and they are content to rely on the fact that most of America isn't going to go and do the research to find out the truth for themselves. I am not a big Limbaugh fan, as I find the guy to be obnoxious and he gets on my nerves, but he is being railroaded here.

yes .... the crowd that claims to be smart......will belive anything their leaders tell them....

red states rule
10-03-2007, 04:55 PM
yes .... the crowd that claims to be smart......will belive anything their leaders tell them....

Isn't this the same crowd that defends the real smears of the troops (from Dems) as free speech?

manu1959
10-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Isn't this the same crowd that defends the real smears of the troops (from Dems) as free speech?

yes.....in which case rush gets a pass as well....

red states rule
10-03-2007, 04:59 PM
yes.....in which case rush gets a pass as well....

Funny how the left is once again manufacturing a story about a non smear - and Kerry, Murtha, and Durbin are looked at as heros by the left and liberal media

BoogyMan
10-03-2007, 05:00 PM

Too true Manu, too true.

Some on the left parrot every accusation with complete surety of the voracity of their claim, while at the same time having no clue what actually took place and no objective evidence to prove their assertions.

The days of truly masterful political opponents on the left are pretty much gone.

red states rule
10-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Too true Manu, too true.

Some on the left parrot every accusation with complete surety of the voracity of their claim, while at the same time having no clue what actually took place and no objective evidence to prove their assertions.

The days of truly masterful political opponents on the left are pretty much gone.

Ann's new book is out today, and it fits the left perfectly

"If Liberals Had Any Brains They Would be Republicans"

manu1959
10-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Funny how the left is once again manufacturing a story about a non smear - and Kerry, Murtha, and Durbin are looked at as heros by the left and liberal media

they are heroes...they are silencing the right in the name of free speech...

red states rule
10-03-2007, 06:35 PM
they are heros...they are silencing the right in the name of free speech...

A balanced media to the left is all liberal - all the time

chesswarsnow
10-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But this is pure moveon.crap politics.
2. Rush didn't say he condemns every military person who speaks out against this war on terrorism, ie Iraq War.
3. This is just a tit for tat, the conservative base had a vote to slam the moveon add about Gen. Petraeus, where they pretty much slammed moveon.
4. Man that felt good too.
5. The actions of Dingleberry Reid, Hillary, Obama, and the others, in so trying to foment the same thing over Rush is so stupid, and one has to wonder like hell how is this joker in power?
6. Will Nevada send him back up to DC next time is a very good question now.
7. I find it amusing at most, and sad in the least that Dingleberry Reid's effort garnished only 41 pathetic votes to condemn Rush.
8. Now thats Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. He failed like the loser he is.
10. But what is funny as hell, he got Hillary and Obama to sign on.
11. Ahhhhh,....this is turning out far better than anyone could of expected!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

JohnDoe
10-03-2007, 07:18 PM
I think it is most certainly a game of tit for tat.

And I don't believe the revisionist and edited story of Rush's, even though it is apparent that all of you do.

I Know his response to this guys comments was talking about SoldierS that are against the war in Iraq and speaking out about it to the various medias or in the various soldiers against the war groups that are out there...that is who the caller was speaking about and then Rush made his comment and then continued with his program for quite a bit before getting in to his totally separate segment on the soldier he claims he was speaking about....that was a phoney...

But here's the thing, SO WHAT? Who cares? He's paid to cause a ruckus....to be controversial, and it is what he does best.... anyone that listens to him regularly would agree with him that those that are against this war in Iraq now, are phoney soldiers to him and more than likely to his listeners, the caller understood and most would.

I don't think he means EVERY SINGLE SOLDIER that is against this conflict, just the ones that speak out about it.... ;)

But again, who cares what he thinks....? I think the whole thing is precisely what is noted in the first post, a deflection, at best, from the war,from moveon.org ad from whatever...?!!!

But I wouldn't play holier than thow on this, because this is precisely what the republicans did with John Kerry's words about the soldiers in Iraq....twisted and turned and spun it till the cows came home...

tit for tat

baby games imo.

jd

red states rule
10-03-2007, 07:20 PM
I think it is most certainly a game of tit for tat.

And I don't believe the revisionist and edited story of Rush's, even though it is apparent that all of you do.

I Know his response to this guys comments was talking about SoldierS that are against the war in Iraq and speaking out about it to the various medias or in the various soldiers against the war groups that are out there...that is who the caller was speaking about and then Rush made his comment and then continued with his program for quite a bit before getting in to his totally separate segment on the soldier he claims he was speaking about....that was a phoney...

But here's the thing, SO WHAT? Who cares? He's paid to cause a ruckus....to be controversial, and it is what he does best.... anyone that listens to him regularly would agree with him that those that are against this war in Iraq now, are phoney soldiers to him and more than likely to his listeners, the caller understood and most would.

I don't think he means EVERY SINGLE SOLDIER that is against this conflict, just the ones that speak out about it.... ;)

But again, who cares what he thinks....? I think the whole thing is precisely what is noted in the first post, a deflection, at best, from the war,from moveon.org ad from whatever...?!!!

But I wouldn't play holier than thow on this, because this is precisely what the republicans did with John Kerry's words about the soldiers in Iraq....twisted and turned and spun it till the cows came home...

tit for tat

baby games imo.

jd

So you do not care about the truth, and how the left is once again using lies and smear tacits to try and take they heat off what they did?

JohnDoe
10-03-2007, 07:27 PM
So you do not care about the truth, and how the left is once again using lies and smear tacits to try and take they heat off what they did?

Good evening RSR,

I just think they are playing tit for tat...

and being babies, and wasting precious time doing it.

Care/jd

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-03-2007, 07:30 PM
the left always believe what their told. they're good little SHEEP

red states rule
10-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Good evening RSR,

I just think they are playing tit for tat...

and being babies, and wasting precious time doing it.

Care/jd

Good evening

No it is not tit for tat

Libs are using lies and smear tactics to cover their ass over the insulting Gen Betray Us as

They ar lying (and they know they are lying) about what Rush said. The left ran with the bogus claims of a lier who said he was in Iraq and saw crimes committed by US troops

The fact is, he failed boot camp and NEVER was in Iraq

Rush called him a phony soldier (As did ABC News 2 days before)

Another manufactuered story by the left to take the heat off their own smear job of Gen Petraeus

red states rule
10-03-2007, 07:35 PM
the left always believe what their told. they're good little SHEEP

Well, the left is talking about the Fairness Doctrine again

Democratic Congressman Calls for Fairness Doctrine 'to Ensure the Tone Changes'
By Justin McCarthy | October 3, 2007 - 11:35 ET
It did not take long after the infamous Rush Limbaugh smear for Democrats to call for a return of the Fairness Doctrine. On the October 3 edition of "Fox and Friends" at 7:33 AM, Congressmen Joe Sestak (D-PA) and Mike Pence (R-IN) discussed Rush Limbaugh’s "phony soldiers" remark. When Congressman Pence asserted that this is an excuse for the Democrats to re-insert the Fairness Doctrine, Congressman Sestak called for a return to "ensure the tone changes if we are to approach this war correctly."

SESTAK: We should be talking about the Fairness Doctrine. And what we should be doing is saying, Mike, this war is it hurting or helping our security? How can we bring about a better end to this? And that's what I believe needs to be done. Do I think both sides' words are wrong? The tone is absolutely wrong. So let's not defend either side and say whether we think or don't think.

PENCE: It ought to be about freedom in Iraq and ought to be about the freedom of speech in America.

SESTAK: What we are doing is just to ensure that the tone changes if we are to approach this war correctly. Thank you.

At the start of the interview, while Sestak opined Limbaugh has a right to say what he says, and it is a waste of time to be discussing a talk show host, Sestak echoed the words of other Democrats and said he "condemned" Limbaugh’s words.

Pence accurately refuted Sestak noting Limbaugh was not referring to anti-war veterans but actual phony soldiers, most notably Jesse MacBeth, who inaccurately claimed to have served in Iraq.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/justin-mccarthy/2007/10/03/democratic-congressman-calls-fairness-doctrine-ensure-tone-changes

Gaffer
10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Limbaugh was talking about phony soldiers. Just as I have talked about them. They are liars and use their stories to try to impress people or promote an agenda. That's what Limbaugh was talking about. Not real soldiers.

There is also the phony real soldier that he didn't mention. These guys pretend to be something they weren't. They put on the warrior cloak when in fact they never got any where near combat. Their service is no less honorable but their falsification of their experiences makes them phonies.

red states rule
10-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Limbaugh was talking about phony soldiers. Just as I have talked about them. They are liars and use their stories to try to impress people or promote an agenda. That's what Limbaugh was talking about. Not real soldiers.

There is also the phony real soldier that he didn't mention. These guys pretend to be something they weren't. They put on the warrior cloak when in fact they never got any where near combat. Their service is no less honorable but their falsification of their experiences makes them phonies.

Meanwhile. elected Dems call those fighting in iraq uneducated, terrorists, compared them to Pol Pol and Nazi's, and said they are operating torture chambers

Who is really insulting ans sliming the troops folks?

JohnDoe
10-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Good evening

No it is not tit for tat

Libs are using lies and smear tactics to cover their ass over the insulting Gen Betray Us as

They ar lying (and they know they are lying) about what Rush said. The left ran with the bogus claims of a lier who said he was in Iraq and saw crimes committed by US troops

The fact is, he failed boot camp and NEVER was in Iraq

Rush called him a phony soldier (As did ABC News 2 days before)

Another manufactuered story by the left to take the heat off their own smear job of Gen Petraeus

rsr,
What soldierS was the caller talking about that Rush Limbaugh called the "phony soldierS?

The ONE phony soldier that you speak about was not part of this conversation and was not even brought up until the next segment? Caller's and listeners would not know about this "guy" that actually was a phony soldier from the caller's statements and Rush's answer of calling them all phony soldierS....

I can surmise though, that Rush did have this phoney soldier on his mind, because he was going to air a segment on it right after this call in show, from all that I have gathered on this....and this could have been what he was thinking about when he made his comment... but he DID use a plural, soldiers, phoney soldiers.... who else, besides this one man, was he speaking about?

Maybe there are others that he and his viewers know about that I don't know about?

So, bottom line, is to me, as not a frequent listener to Rush Limbaugh, it does seem like, with this comment, and it being plural, in response to the caller's statement, that he meant soldiers/vets, that are in dissent...to this war....

Maybe you guys know him better than I do.

but as I have stated, I have no dog in this hunt.

jd

red states rule
10-03-2007, 08:13 PM
rsr,
What soldierS was the caller talking about that Rush Limbaugh called the "phony soldierS?

The ONE phony soldier that you speak about was not part of this conversation and was not even brought up until the next segment? Caller's and listeners would not know about this "guy" that actually was a phony soldier from the caller's statements ad Rush's answer of calling them all phony soldierS....

I can surmise though, that Rush did have this phoney soldier on his mind, because he was going to air a segment on it right after this call in show, from all that I have gathered on this....and this could have been what he was thinking about when he made his comment... but he DID use a plural, soldiers, phoney soldiers.... who else, besides this one man, was he speaking about?

Maybe there are others that he and his viewers know about that I don't know about?

So, bottom line, is to me, as not a frequent listener to Rush Limbaugh, it does seem like, with this comment, and it being plural, in response to the galler's statement, that he meant soldiers/vets, that are in dissent...to this war....

jd

Put down the Kool Aid JD

Rush was commenting on this phony soldier - as ABC did two days before

ABC Reported on ‘Phony Heroes' Two Days Before Rush Limbaugh Did
By Noel Sheppard | September 30, 2007 - 20:54 ET

This is really hysterical, folks, and definitely requires all drinking vessels be properly stowed before continuing.

Just days before Rush Limbaugh was attacked by a number of press outlets for discussing "phony soldiers" on the air, ABC's Brian Ross did a segment on "World News with Charles Gibson" dealing with "phony heroes...scam artists...posing as the war heroes they never were, claiming credit for acts of courage in Iraq and Afghanistan."

Marvelously, this story was aired on Monday, September 24, just two days before Limbaugh made his comments. And, as noted in a NewsBusters posting by the MRC's Brent Baker, the report even mentioned the same "phony soldier," Jesse Macbeth (pictured to the right), that Limbaugh did on his program Wednesday.

Will media attack ABC with the same zeal they did Limbaugh? Maybe even more important, will House Democrats offer a resolution to condemn Ross, Gibson, and everyone involved in ABC's report?

Click on the link and listen

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/09/30/abc-reported-phony-heroes-three-days-rush-limbaugh-did

BoogyMan
10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Lets see, Jesse MacBeth, Lauro Chavez, Scott Thomas Beauchamp, yep that would be a plural group of scumbags faking service. As I said previously, the average individual isn't going to put any time into finding out that these accusations are false.

Building an uninformed argument on the strength of an "s" is foolish at best.

Sir Evil
10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
rsr,

The ONE phony soldier that you speak about was not part of this conversation and was not even brought up until the next segment? Caller's and listeners would not know about this "guy" that actually was a phony soldier from the caller's statements ad Rush's answer of calling them all phony soldierS....

So, bottom line, is to me, as not a frequent listener to Rush Limbaugh, it does seem like, with this comment, and it being plural, in response to the galler's statement, that he meant soldiers/vets, that are in dissent...to this war....

jd

Cute! Any idea how condescending you sound with this Stuff? not to mention Seriously annoying...:poke:

red states rule
10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Lets see, Jesse MacBeth, Lauro Chavez, Scott Thomas Beauchamp, yep that would be a plural group of scumbags faking service. As I said previously, the average individual isn't going to put any time into finding out that these accusations are false.

Building an uninformed argument on the strength of an "s" is foolish at best.

It is called reciting the DNC approved talking points

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 08:32 PM

Rush's entire UNEDITED script AND audible segment is available on his site. Furthermore, the supposed edited comments provided by mediamatters supplies NOTHING to add to the debate.

I Know his response to this guys comments was talking about SoldierS that are against the war in Iraq and speaking out about it to the various medias or in the various soldiers against the war groups that are out there...that is who the caller was speaking about and then Rush made his comment and then continued with his program for quite a bit before getting in to his totally separate segment on the soldier he claims he was speaking about....that was a phoney...Correct, he did refer to SOLDIERS, as in the phony soldier stories that have come up from time to time and further propped up by the gullible left.

But here's the thing, SO WHAT? Who cares? He's paid to cause a ruckus....to be controversial, and it is what he does best.... anyone that listens to him regularly would agree with him that those that are against this war in Iraq now, are phoney soldiers to him and more than likely to his listeners, the caller understood and most would.No, we agree with him that people are phony that claim to have served in Iraq and witnessed atrocities, only to be found guilty by a court of law later for lying are phony.

I don't think he means EVERY SINGLE SOLDIER that is against this conflict, just the ones that speak out about it....
Putting words in his mouth doesn't make your argument any more sound, only less.

But again, who cares what he thinks....? I think the whole thing is precisely what is noted in the first post, a deflection, at best, from the war,from moveon.org ad from whatever...?!!!Apparently YOU do, as well as a bunch of incompetent democrats.

But I wouldn't play holier than thow on this, because this is precisely what the republicans did with John Kerry's words about the soldiers in Iraq....twisted and turned and spun it till the cows came home...His band aids and own words to congress were his undoing.

rsr,

Google is your friend, use it, you'll find MANY that have pulled similar acts to what MacBeth did.

The ONE phony soldier that you speak about was not part of this conversation and was not even brought up until the next segment? Caller's and listeners would not know about this "guy" that actually was a phony soldier from the caller's statements and Rush's answer of calling them all phony soldierS....Those who listen to his program would know that he discussed MacBeth in length the day before which is what prompted the discussion the next day!

but as I have stated, I have no dog in this hunt.No, not at all! :rolleyes:

chesswarsnow
10-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But this is way hilarious!
2. We got nut jobs hanging onto an *S* on the end of two words Rush said, *Phony Soldier*S*.
2. Seeing in the news is this one Jessie's Macbeth, aka Phony Soldier.
3. When Rush spoke about him a few days before this call with *Mike*.
4. He made mention of this goofball Jessie Macbeth.
5. But when he spoke to Mike he said, *SoldierS*.
6. What other ones was Rush referring to.
7. Launch an investigation Rush said there was more than one *Phony Soldier*.
8. There is more than one, there was 8 who recently got convicted of making claims of being in Iraq, and never went there, EVER!
9. This whole uproar is plain stupid and anyone with half a brain should know it.
10. I have laid the evidence out very clearly, that to overlook it, you must be a moron to believe that Rush would make such a stupid statement.
11. Rush is very learned person, and knows that if a soldier, or many soldiers came back from Iraq, and made Anti-Iraqi War statements, he would still consider them a real soldier or soldiers.
12. Damn you morons are so very dumb as hell to insist you know Rush's intent.
13. Fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

JohnDoe
10-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Rush's entire UNEDITED script AND audible segment is available on his site. Furthermore, the supposed edited comments provided by mediamatters supplies NOTHING to add to the debate.

Correct, he did refer to SOLDIERS, as in the phony soldier stories that have come up from time to time and further propped up by the gullible left.

No, we agree with him that people are phony that claim to have served in Iraq and witnessed atrocities, only to be found guilty by a court of law later for lying are phony.

Putting words in his mouth doesn't make your argument any more sound, only less.

Apparently YOU do, as well as a bunch of incompetent democrats.

His band aids and own words to congress were his undoing.

Google is your friend, use it, you'll find MANY that have pulled similar acts to what MacBeth did.

Those who listen to his program would know that he discussed MacBeth in length the day before which is what prompted the discussion the next day!

No, not at all! :rolleyes:

good evening jim,

I believe gaffer on this one, he is being honest about it in my opinion.

and many other rebublicans have expressed this same sentiment, why deny it?

cuz someone of a public stature got called on it?

maybe you don't feel this way jim, but some republicans most certainly do....they call it, how they view it....they don't back peddle as Rush seems to be doing.

and i don't care what rush says, he's a controversial talk show host....

i do think congress is wasting their time plaiyng these ''baby games'', instead of doing their jobs.

some serious stuff is going on out there!!!

jd

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 10:31 PM
good evening jim,

I believe gaffer on this one, he is being honest about it in my opinion.

and many other rebublicans have expressed this same sentiment, why deny it?

cuz someone of a public stature got called on it?

maybe you don't feel this way jim, but some republicans most certainly do....they call it, how they view it....they don't back peddle as Rush seems to be doing.

and i don't care what rush says, he's a controversial talk show host....

i do think congress is wasting their time plaiyng these ''baby games'', instead of doing their jobs.

some serious stuff is going on out there!!!

jd

I think you need to re-read Gaffer's comments! :laugh2:

Comprehend much?

JohnDoe
10-03-2007, 10:58 PM
I think you need to re-read Gaffer's comments! :laugh2:

Comprehend much?

separate the 2 jim, what is the ''real'' phoney soldier vs the phoney soldiers? i see a difference in what gaffer is describing....it's possible i took him wrong, but i saw 2 different types in his description?

jd

Psychoblues
10-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Rush, like many of the present posters on this board and others that have long since just gone away condemned any inclination by anyone to dissapprove of the Bush War as it is presented to us.

Rush, like Bush, is an idiot. War is not the answer to everything. War is a means of demonstrating simple military power. Peace is a means of demonstrating everything our religions hold as absolutes.

jimnyc
10-03-2007, 11:02 PM
separate the 2 jim, what is the ''real'' phoney soldier vs the phoney soldiers? i see a difference in what gaffer is describing....it's possible i took him wrong, but i saw 2 different types in his description?

jd

I'll wait for him to toss in his 2 cents as I won't attempt to speak for him. But it appears clear to me he stated that that Rush was referring to "phony soldiers" as in the MacBeth type, and he further stated Rush was NOT referring to real soldiers. His last interpretation clearly spoke of real soldiers that were phony, in his opinion, but also made it clear that Rush never mentioned that aspect.

Psychoblues
10-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Rush made it abundantly clear that he was talking about any soldier that he perceived as being in any way anti-war, jimnyc.

I'll wait for him to toss in his 2 cents as I won't attempt to speak for him. But it appears clear to me he stated that that Rush was referring to "phony soldiers" as in the MacBeth type, and he further stated Rush was NOT referring to real soldiers. His last interpretation clearly spoke of real soldiers that were phony, in his opinion, but also made it clear that Rush never mentioned that aspect.

Cut it any way you like but the ideology was clearly expressed and the transcripts are there to prove it.

musicman
10-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Rush made it abundantly clear that he was talking about any soldier that he perceived as being in any way anti-war, jimnyc...

...Cut it any way you like but the ideology was clearly expressed and the transcripts are there to prove it.

A significant percentage of our population would be content, if allowed to believe - without taxing their brains too heavily - that something - ANYTHING - might somehow mitigate the awful blunder perpetrated by MoveOn.org, in regard to General Petraeus. It wouldn't even have to be particularly plausible or intelligent; the hilariously transparent, cherry-picked Media Matters "transcript" would have done nicely. And that's a pity.

But - just when all hope seemed lost - Psychoblues to the rescue! Who else would continue to argue that down is up and black is white - in the face of easy access to the entire transcript? You're my hero, man! Never mind that, if George Soros could somehow communicate with you, he'd ask you to please, please STFU and let this thing die. Or that Hillary may be arranging for your unfortunate accident even as we speak. Don't listen to them! Keep this issue alive and at the top of the page! You have my full support.

Psychoblues
10-04-2007, 12:36 AM
And who else other than musicman would consider that war is peace, death is life or lies were truth?

A significant percentage of our population would be content, if allowed to believe - without taxing their brains too heavily - that something - ANYTHING - might somehow mitigate the awful blunder perpetrated by MoveOn.org, in regard to General Petraeus. It wouldn't even have to be particularly plausible or intelligent; the hilariously transparent, cherry-picked Media Matters "transcript" would have done nicely. And that's a pity.

But - just when all hope seemed lost - Psychoblues to the rescue! Who else would continue to argue that down is up and black is white - in the face of easy access to the entire transcript? You're my hero, man! Never mind that, if George Soros could somehow communicate with you, he'd ask you to please, please STFU and let this thing die. Or that Hillary may be arranging for your unfortunate accident even as we speak. Don't listen to them! Keep this issue alive and at the top of the page! You have my full support.

Personal attacks aside, Psychoblues is still on the PEACE side of this argument.

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 12:39 AM
peace without human and civil rights is worthless. When you live in a country like iran or cuba, and still want peace,instead of freedom.

Then let me know ok :P

And who else other than musicman would consider that war is peace, death is life or lies were truth?

Personal attacks aside, Psychoblues is still on the PEACE side of this argument.

musicman
10-04-2007, 12:43 AM
And who else other than musicman would consider that war is peace, death is life or lies were truth?...

...Personal attacks aside, Psychoblues is still on the PEACE side of this argument.

Keep it going, Psychoblues. Don't let it die. The left are desperately trying to hide MoveOn's shit-dripping face behind a lovingly-crafted smokescreen, but you won't let them get away with it. Conservatives everywhere thank you!

Psychoblues
10-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Been there, done that, it was bad and you don't know shit.

peace without human and civil rights is worthless. When you live in a country like iran or cuba, and still want peace,instead of freedom.

Then let me know ok :P

You're there now and obviously like it. What is a self respecting American like me supposed to think about that?

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 12:49 AM
You lived in iran?, when?
you lived in cuba when?

why are you pissing on my cheerios?
I didnt do anything, and your nothing but insults.

Been there, done that, it was bad and you don't know shit.

You're there now and obviously like it. What is a self respecting American like me supposed to think about that?

Psychoblues
10-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Where were you when the shit hit the fan, martin?

You lived in iran?, when?
you lived in cuba when?

why are you pissing on my cheerios?
I didnt do anything, and your nothing but insults.

I suspect you were hiding behind the skirts of your mama and whatever sisters you could find that would protect you.

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 03:25 AM
Im starting to wonder why I even bother with you :poke:

Where were you when the shit hit the fan, martin?

I suspect you were hiding behind the skirts of your mama and whatever sisters you could find that would protect you.

red states rule
10-04-2007, 05:28 AM
Why would liberals let the truth get in the way of a smear campaign? They can't beat Rush in the free market so they fall back on lies and distorations in a feeble attemopt to take him down

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 09:42 PM
im going to rename move on , smear on and media matters... media smear the truth matters

Why would liberals let the truth get in the way of a smear campaign? They can't beat Rush in the free market so they fall back on lies and distorations in a feeble attemopt to take him down

red states rule
10-05-2007, 05:32 AM
im going to rename move on , smear on and media matters... media smear the truth matters

The liberal media no longer reports what happened - they report what they want to happen

George Soros is funding these smear attacks, and the moonbat left accept them as facts.

Gaffer
10-05-2007, 10:14 AM

My 2 cents is that you (Jim) read it correctly. There are a number of other phony soldiers out there and Rush was lumping them into one group. There are actually hundreds of them. They just don't make the news like these guys did.

Neither rush nor I have a problem with the real soldiers that are against the war. But the left can't seem to find many of them so they go with the phony soldiers and try to make them relevant. Finding a military or former military that is against the war is like finding a musician or actor that is for it. In fact you will probably find more musicians and actors for the war than military people against it.

There are real soldiers that pretend to be something they weren't. Like a clerk stationed in Kuwait for 12 months pretending to be a member of the 101st. This kind of stuff has gone on for years. Vietnam Vets don't like them and will expose them at every opportunity. We have been used by these phonies for far too long.

The first sign of a phony is they claim to have been a Ranger, a Green Beret, or a Navy Seal. If they start talking about atrocities they witnessed that's another clue.

jimnyc
10-05-2007, 10:16 AM
My 2 cents is that you (Jim) read it correctly. There are a number of other phony soldiers out there and Rush was lumping them into one group. There are actually hundreds of them. They just don't make the news like these guys did.

Thank you for the confirmation, Sir! Once again, mis-truths from the likes of JD are spoiled! :laugh2:

red states rule
10-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Now a liberal with low ratings is playing the victim card as the left goes after Rush

You can't make this stuff up - the left keeps gibing and giving

As Democrats Try to Hush Rush, Matthews Says He's Victim of GOP

By Rich Noyes | October 5, 2007 - 09:53 ET
In a week when Democratic senators tried to intimidate executives at Clear Channel Communications based on a false interpretation of Rush Limbaugh’s “phony soldiers” comment, MSNBC host Chris Matthews on Thursday decried what he said were complaints from the Bush White House to MSNBC executives about the content of his show. “They will not silence me!” Matthews declared at a celebration of the 10th anniversary of his Hardball show, the (Washington, D.C.) Examiner reported.

Talking about the Democrats’ threats to silence Limbaugh on Tuesday, Matthews put all of the onus on Limbaugh’s speech, not liberals’ attacks on the First Amendement. “Do you think that Rush Limbaugh was right to call people who oppose the war who have served ‘phony soldiers?’” Matthews demanded of a panelist, distorting the facts. “So we’re agreed, so we all disagree with Rush Limbaugh,” he later claimed.

Apparently, Matthews is far less concerned about government interference against a conservative media personality than a liberal like himself.

Here’s more of how the D.C. Examiner reported on Matthews’ remarks at a network party last night, which also included a rant against the Bush administration’s “criminality” and an accusation that if Vice President Cheney had been in charge during the Cuban missile crisis, “We’d all be under a parking lot.”

In front of an audience that included such notables as Alan Greenspan, Rep. Patrick Kennedy and Sen. Ted Kennedy, Matthews began his remarks by declaring that he wanted to "make some news" and he certainly didn't disappoint. After praising the drafters of the First Amendment for allowing him to make a living, he outlined what he said was the fundamental difference between the Bush and Clinton administrations.

The Clinton camp, he said, never put pressure on his bosses to silence him.

“Not so this crowd,” he added, explaining that Bush White House officials -- especially those from Vice President Cheney's office -- called MSNBC brass to complain about the content of his show and attempted to influence its editorial content. "They will not silence me!" Matthews declared.

"They've finally been caught in their criminality," Matthews continued, although he did not specify the exact criminal behavior to which he referred. He then drew an obvious Bush-Nixon parallel by saying, “Spiro Agnew was not an American hero."

Matthews left the throng of Washington A-listers with a parting shot at Cheney: “God help us if we had Cheney during the Cuban missile crisis. We’d all be under a parking lot.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes/2007/10/05/democrats-try-hush-rush-matthews-says-gop-wont-silence-him