PDA

View Full Version : Putin, Social Media, Trump

Kathianne
03-04-2022, 11:01 AM
Use power and words to create overall distrust of all information.

Jail
Banning
Create enemies

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-introduce-jail-terms-spreading-fake-information-about-army-2022-03-04/

SassyLady
03-04-2022, 12:08 PM
Use power and words to create overall distrust of all information.

Jail
Banning
Create enemies

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-introduce-jail-terms-spreading-fake-information-about-army-2022-03-04/
I didn't see reference to Trump.

Kathianne
03-04-2022, 01:30 PM
I didn't see reference to Trump.
Media wars are two way, not saying wasn't deserved, what was done with Trump was unconscionable. That fact he intensified it, on him.

We, the people, are paying for attacks, counterattack with well deserved skepticism.

SassyLady
03-04-2022, 02:06 PM
Media wars are two way, not saying wasn't deserved, what was done with Trump was unconscionable. That fact he intensified it, on him.

We, the people, are paying for attacks, counterattack with well deserved skepticism.
I don't think he ever did what Putin is doing to the media.

Kathianne
03-04-2022, 02:19 PM
I don't think he ever did what Putin is doing to the media.
Nope, neither did social media. Putin is not doing anything under guise of morality nor truth with humor. He's transparently using raw power.

Gunny
03-05-2022, 06:23 PM
Nope, neither did social media. Putin is not doing anything under guise of morality nor truth with humor. He's transparently using raw power.IMO, he's tipped his hand. Could be wrong. Crossed THAT line long, long ago :)

My take: He's not after oil nor appeasement which I had considered possibilities. Those of us that are old enough have seen this song and dance before. I think he intends to occupy Ukraine and anywhere he can up to the NATO line -- while constantly reminding NATO where the line is -- and dropping the Iron Curtain back down. Shutting down dissent/the media is just another step leading in that direction.

This is win-win for Putin. NATO is paralyzed at the border. His only timeline is to get in and rooted before the US gets a new President.

Trump is a cancer that's just getting bigger.

Kathianne
03-05-2022, 08:01 PM
IMO, he's tipped his hand. Could be wrong. Crossed THAT line long, long ago :)

My take: He's not after oil nor appeasement which I had considered possibilities. Those of us that are old enough have seen this song and dance before. I think he intends to occupy Ukraine and anywhere he can up to the NATO line -- while constantly reminding NATO where the line is -- and dropping the Iron Curtain back down. Shutting down dissent/the media is just another step leading in that direction.

This is win-win for Putin. NATO is paralyzed at the border. His only timeline is to get in and rooted before the US gets a new President.

Trump is a cancer that's just getting bigger.
I'm not so sure about NATO. I personally think both Putin and US are shocked at coalition. They've made clear they are leading, Biden and Blinken are behind. Unlike FDR having to raise the public, the public is picking up steam in demanding we boycott Russian oil and start supplying Europe so their lights stay on.

He and just about everyone on the progressive side underestimated the bulk of people. They Do get why NATO cannot create the airships, they also know that former satellites can give MiGs to Ukraine, their pilots can fly them. Work out replacements for donations later.

This is very close to lend/lease.

More cities will fall, but already uprisings are beginning in city Russia 'contrls.'

Kathianne
03-05-2022, 08:31 PM
And about Russian airforce?

https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/rusi-defence-systems/russian-air-force-actually-incapable-complex-air-operations

Gunny
03-06-2022, 10:07 AM
And about Russian airforce?

https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/rusi-defence-systems/russian-air-force-actually-incapable-complex-air-operations
I'll get back to your other comment after the "no-brainer" here :) Russia's "Air Force" would last maybe 20 minutes against ours. In THAT regard, the US is light years ahead.

For one, after growing up in the USAF then serving in the Corps, I have come to the conclusion our pilots are insane. Adrenaline junkies. They think they can do anything, take planes anywhere, defy the laws of physics, and one of them against 10 bad guys is an unfair fight because there aren't enough bad guys. They are THE alpha males the left hates and mom warns you about.

The difference is when the first shot gets fired our pilots toss the book and think for themselves. Russian pilots fly by the book. No imagination. If they didn't learn it in school it's not there.

As far as carrying out air ground support they just flat suck. One would think otherwise since that is the Russian Air Force's role and what Russia's military is geared around. Mechanized ground assault with close air support.

I have been surprised at the Russian military at every turn since this crap started. This is amateur hour. Then my next question is when exactly was the last time the Russian military went up against anyone else's military? Seems to me they've spent from WWII until now waging war against civilians.

Gunny
03-06-2022, 10:36 AM
I'm not so sure about NATO. I personally think both Putin and US are shocked at coalition. They've made clear they are leading, Biden and Blinken are behind. Unlike FDR having to raise the public, the public is picking up steam in demanding we boycott Russian oil and start supplying Europe so their lights stay on.

He and just about everyone on the progressive side underestimated the bulk of people. They Do get why NATO cannot create the airships, they also know that former satellites can give MiGs to Ukraine, their pilots can fly them. Work out replacements for donations later.

This is very close to lend/lease.

More cities will fall, but already uprisings are beginning in city Russia 'contrls.'"Lend lease". Shell game. This one's too easy for everyone but our admin. Want to make a difference? Offer to replace EU/NATO fighters with ours. Not like they're going to be getting more Russian fighters in the near future, the way it's looking.

I have euro news on my tube to offset the "Biden's winning the war" narrative the Dems/MSM are trying to push here. It has not gone unnoticed that when some say Biden's name they look like they just had a 1960s flouride treatment :laugh:

IMO, social media/internet has completely changed the World and war. Biden and his stooges haven't seen the ball since the kickoff. It would take maybe 3 moves to catch up and lead. Again, my opinion.

1. The aforementioned shell game with the aricraft

2. Cut Russian oil off 100%

3. Open up our oil and and gas and get to supplying the free World.

That would not only put the US out front, it would cut Putin's nuts off and especially the last would be a serious blow to Chinese ambition and fence-sitting.

Kathianne
03-06-2022, 11:15 AM
"Lend lease". Shell game. This one's too easy for everyone but our admin. Want to make a difference? Offer to replace EU/NATO fighters with ours. Not like they're going to be getting more Russian fighters in the near future, the way it's looking.

I have euro news on my tube to offset the "Biden's winning the war" narrative the Dems/MSM are trying to push here. It has not gone unnoticed that when some say Biden's name they look like they just had a 1960s flouride treatment :laugh:

IMO, social media/internet has completely changed the World and war. Biden and his stooges haven't seen the ball since the kickoff. It would take maybe 3 moves to catch up and lead. Again, my opinion.

1. The aforementioned shell game with the aricraft

2. Cut Russian oil off 100%

3. Open up our oil and and gas and get to supplying the free World.

That would not only put the US out front, it would cut Putin's nuts off and especially the last would be a serious blow to Chinese ambition and fence-sitting.

Gunny, the deal is to replace what's given to Ukraine AF would be replaced with ours. Bought or not.

Now if the administration would go on and approve? Only bipartisan congressional push will work.

Kathianne
03-06-2022, 11:21 AM
Bad news Russia destroys airport:

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/ukraine-war-ukraine-says-airport-destroyed-in-russian-airstrike-2806899

Gunny
03-06-2022, 12:38 PM
Gunny, the deal is to replace what's given to Ukraine AF would be replaced with ours. Bought or not.

Now if the administration would go on and approve? Only bipartisan congressional push will work.That's what I said? Seems to be a perfect way around the wording. As an aside, don't you just love how everything is geared around words instead of intent?:rolleyes:

I'm all for replacing Russian-made aircraft given to Ukraine with ours. Not sure what the breakdown is by country on who flies what in NATO. Pilots would have to be re-trained. Avionics-wise comparing a MiG to a F-22 or more likely an F-18 is like comparing a Model T to a Maserati.

Congress needs to approve what it can before AOC and her ilk distract them with the noise bees make:rolleyes:

Kathianne
03-06-2022, 02:05 PM
That's what I said? Seems to be a perfect way around the wording. As an aside, don't you just love how everything is geared around words instead of intent?:rolleyes:

I'm all for replacing Russian-made aircraft given to Ukraine with ours. Not sure what the breakdown is by country on who flies what in NATO. Pilots would have to be re-trained. Avionics-wise comparing a MiG to a F-22 or more likely an F-18 is like comparing a Model T to a Maserati.

Congress needs to approve what it can before AOC and her ilk distract them with the noise bees make:rolleyes:
From what I've read, NATO trained pilots already can fly them.

Gunny
03-06-2022, 03:26 PM
From what I've read, NATO trained pilots already can fly them.Let's see if I can remember all this. Saw it on cell while I was guarding my wood so the guys building my fence could go to lunch. (yeah, it's like that. Price of wood now $$$$$). Anyway ...

The USAF is phasing out it's A-10 Warthogs. The suggestion is to give 3 squadrons to Ukraine. Not an official suggestion albeit an awesome idea.

The A-10 Warthog is a close air support platform designed to destroy enemy armor. We had them for CAS in Desert Storm. It's like watching a buzzsaw hit a box of toothpicks. It's a can of whoop-ass on a whole different level.

Retraining is minimal. I think it's an awesome idea.

Further reading on providing air assets to Ukraine gave me a better picture of what's actually happening. Unfortunately for Poland, Biden and Blinken are involved. Poland's pilots are indeed already trained on the F-16, the proposed trade-off fighter the US would give Poland and Poland would give all it's Soviet-era fighters to Ukraine.

One holdup is how to get the planes into Ukraine. Russia has already threated to blow up anything looking like military supplies (can't really hide a plane on a truck); which, to me is code for Russia is going to blow up anything it sees regardless what it is.

Guess what the other holdup is:rolleyes: The Biden admin. Poland won't give up the planes without guaranteed replacement and guess what they don't have.

What is really starting to gripe my butt is all these chair-polishers taking their sweet ass time like they got plenty of it and Russia's just going to wait on them. People are being killed NOW. Ridiculous.

Kathianne
03-06-2022, 04:28 PM
Meanwhile, Biden hasn't moved on old Soviet planes. Time is running out. As for grabbing the planes, Poland and the other one can get them ready, Ukrainian pilots can fly out from there. No NATO.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ukraine-urges-world-impose-no-fly-zone-us-lawmakers-warn-world-war-3

Gunny
03-06-2022, 08:11 PM
Meanwhile, Biden hasn't moved on old Soviet planes. Time is running out. As for grabbing the planes, Poland and the other one can get them ready, Ukrainian pilots can fly out from there. No NATO.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ukraine-urges-world-impose-no-fly-zone-us-lawmakers-warn-world-war-3Can Ukranian pilots fly warplanes out of NATO countries without it being seen as NATO engaging? I don't have a problem with it, but no one's asked me :)

I don't like Rubio's assessment but it is correct. However, that being the case, I see getting planes to Ukraine by whatever means of the utmost urgency. We keep saying we want them to do the fighting so give them the means to do it.