PDA

View Full Version : Opinion | Polls Show the Public Is Willing to Sacrifice for Ukraine. History Suggests

Gunny
03-12-2022, 11:04 AM
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/03/12/biden-polling-bump-ukraine-war-00016691

Some very good points. I've thought along similar lines for years.

Kathianne
03-12-2022, 12:27 PM
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/03/12/biden-polling-bump-ukraine-war-00016691

Some very good points. I've thought along similar lines for years.
I think there is a level Americans are willing to sacrifice, BUT they also don't buy into the narrative currently being pushed that gas price inflation can be laid on Putim. They KNOW what Biden has done and is doing to our supplies.

Basically I see this article is giving Biden cover by saying that blaming him or greens is hypocrisy regarding support for Ukraine.

Gunny
03-12-2022, 12:36 PM
I think there is a level Americans are willing to sacrifice, BUT they also don't buy into the narrative currently being pushed that gas price inflation can be laid on Putim. They KNOW what Biden has done and is doing to our supplies.

Basically I see this article is giving Biden cover by saying that blaming him or greens is hypocrisy regarding support for Ukraine.Read an interesting article yesterday on cell.

It laid the blame on investors who now see oil speculation, which requires capital, as too risky an investment given the current political climate/demonization of fossil fuels. They do not see the risk worth the gain in a volatile market.

Stated that on the ground, the government's efforts are more pro-green than anti-oil. I don't agree with that, but that's what they are selling. Biden's shut down or denied too many pipelines for me to believe that. Maybe in some statistical big picture.

Reality is the World, right now runs on oil and gas and we have the potential to provide not only our own but offset a lot for our allies as well. I can't fathom why we would not do that. It solves a LOT of problems both here and abroad. Especially when it comes to isolating Putin.

Kathianne
03-12-2022, 01:02 PM
Read an interesting article yesterday on cell.

It laid the blame on investors who now see oil speculation, which requires capital, as too risky an investment given the current political climate/demonization of fossil fuels. They do not see the risk worth the gain in a volatile market.

Stated that on the ground, the government's efforts are more pro-green than anti-oil. I don't agree with that, but that's what they are selling. Biden's shut down or denied too many pipelines for me to believe that. Maybe in some statistical big picture.

Reality is the World, right now runs on oil and gas and we have the potential to provide not only our own but offset a lot for our allies as well. I can't fathom why we would not do that. It solves a LOT of problems both here and abroad. Especially when it comes to isolating Putin.
Take a look at what my search brings up. "Az Suing Financials over drilling"
https://www.google.com/search?q=az+suing+financial+over+drilling&client=tablet-android-samsung-nf-rev1&sxsrf=APq-WBtj6bS85WswEpnh6V5YQWJ0popa8w%3A1647107596155&ei=DN4sYtX0CKPGkPIP2eeRwA8&oq=az+suing+financial+over+drilling&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAM6BwgjELADECc 6BwgAEEcQsAM6BAgeEApKBAhBGABQ9RBYsXVgnYABaAFwAXgAg AHYAogBrCWSAQgwLjExLjkuMpgBAKABAcgBCcABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp
So, when they drag out, 'they have 9k approved permits. . .'

Corporations, greedy or not, are not in the business of wasting or risking investors $$$ with little possibility of return. First they need to get financing, which is difficult when the finance industry is playing social justice warriors; second the vast majority of their sought after sites will turn out to being unworth development. Then there is Keystone and the very real possibility that projects will be shut down by stroke of pen.

Kathianne
03-12-2022, 01:16 PM
Related:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/manchin-chief-energy-regulator-pipeline-permits-do-damn-job

Gunny
03-12-2022, 01:51 PM
Interesting how close the thread/article title is to: "The West/NATO is Willing to Sacrifice Ukraine".

Who's next? Nobody did anything this time. Same threats will come with "next time".

At the same time, Biden's policies, not Putin, have created the current economic/energy crisis. Putin invading Ukraine exacerbated them, and brought energy (among other imports) dependence sharply into focus. Reality getting in the way of leftwingnut idealism :rolleyes:

Kathianne
03-12-2022, 02:03 PM
Interesting how close the thread/article title is to: "The West/NATO is Willing to Sacrifice Ukraine".

Who's next? Nobody did anything this time. Same threats will come with "next time".

At the same time, Biden's policies, not Putin, have created the current economic/energy crisis. Putin invading Ukraine exacerbated them, and brought energy (among other imports) dependence sharply into focus. Reality getting in the way of leftwingnut idealism :rolleyes:

and provided a narrative that progressives hoped would save them come November. Evidence seems to indicate that the people are not quite as dim as assumed.

Gunny
03-12-2022, 02:06 PM
and provided a narrative that progressives hoped would save them come November. Evidence seems to indicate that the people are not quite as dim as assumed.

Not willing to bet the farm on that one. Maybe just fewer people :)

Kathianne
03-12-2022, 02:08 PM
Not willing to bet the farm on that one. Maybe just fewer people :)

:laugh2:

Enough. ;)

Kathianne
03-12-2022, 02:19 PM
And more:

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/03/12/manchin-heres-how-biden-can-help-fix-his-energy-crisis-n454802