PDA

View Full Version : The Memo: Get ready for Biden vs. Trump all over again

Gunny
03-13-2022, 11:12 AM
https://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/597941-the-memo-get-ready-for-biden-vstrump-all-over-again

Oh f-ing yay. Makes you want to set two alarms so you don't forget to go vote :rolleyes:

THIS is the best we got?

Kathianne
03-13-2022, 01:09 PM
https://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/597941-the-memo-get-ready-for-biden-vstrump-all-over-again

Oh f-ing yay. Makes you want to set two alarms so you don't forget to go vote :rolleyes:

THIS is the best we got?
No. But it's what each party has decided for different reasons. Outlook is bleak.

Gunny
03-13-2022, 01:17 PM
No. But it's what each party has decided for different reasons. Outlook is bleak.Bleak. Neither has the best interest of the Nation on their agenda. Biden is stuck on the myth of green and Trump wants revenge/to rewrite the 2020 election.

Neither works for what the Nation is facing.

Kathianne
03-13-2022, 01:30 PM
Bleak. Neither has the best interest of the Nation on their agenda. Biden is stuck on the myth of green and Trump wants revenge/to rewrite the 2020 election.

Neither works for what the Nation is facing.
I feel that if everyday Republicans, especially those like Rick or Jim, made clear they'd like a primary alternative to Trunp, there might be some challengers. Without that though, the assumption is that the diehards for Trump would leave the gop. He has the GOP in death grip.

Again, no lock that Trump v Biden would not result in second Biden term. Trump has lost some of his grip with his comments, especially regarding his total disregard for those who'd mostly supported his policies.

Gunny
03-13-2022, 02:55 PM
I feel that if everyday Republicans, especially those like Rick or Jim, made clear they'd like a primary alternative to Trunp, there might be some challengers. Without that though, the assumption is that the diehards for Trump would leave the gop. He has the GOP in death grip.

Again, no lock that Trump v Biden would not result in second Biden term. Trump has lost some of his grip with his comments, especially regarding his total disregard for those who'd mostly supported his policies.As bad, a dead-end 2nd Trump term acting as he is now leads to another psycho Dem leftard in 2028 who CAN run for consecutive terms.

The whole cyclic process is exasperating to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together. Don't like Trump vote for the other idiot who isn't Trump. Don't like Biden vote for the other idiot that isn't Biden. Same players in the same revolving door in Congress. Even when the names change.

Meantime, we've been stuck on stop since at least 2006-2008. Except the green morons slowly coiling themselves around the Nation and choking it to death. The progressives are quietly taking control while everyone is distracted by butterflies.

jimnyc
03-13-2022, 03:09 PM

THIS is the best we got?

Again, no lock that Trump v Biden would not result in second Biden term. Trump has lost some of his grip with his comments, especially regarding his total disregard for those who'd mostly supported his policies.

I still like DeSantis but I still think he lags behind so long as Trump remains in the picture.

It's not good if it ends up Biden/Trump once again. Partly Trump, but the majority would come from endless democrat drama and lies. And then the media will run with whatever the democrats want them to. It would turn into one huge political mess, I'm afraid. Trump can come back in and be 100% politically correct and doing all of the right things and moves, and they collectively would bring about the endless drama from the lying crew.

But then of course Trump is not one to back down and keep his lips sealed. So of course he'll be a braggart from day one, and then fight back viciously against any and all lies coming from the dems/media. And then by the end of it we will want to vote for neither one of them.

But as bad as it may sound, Trump is a much much better option than Biden, but I don't see a way for him to be in office 'without' the drama that comes to the table. Then the hatred the left has for him - they will use that hatred to bring about exactly what we had before, I'm afraid. So good or bad, it brings negativity, regardless of who is at fault. Such a shame.

I'll also have to see the entire line up in the primaries. Brain Dead Joe said he was a one term president to begin with. And his brain has more than spoken those words. And maybe Trump is all talk and will end up just supporting someone? But a portion of me sees him that angry, that kind of guy that needs to win again so that he can go out that way, and not the way he did already.

I don't see a fun 2024.

SassyLady
03-13-2022, 09:32 PM
I still like DeSantis but I still think he lags behind so long as Trump remains in the picture.

It's not good if it ends up Biden/Trump once again. Partly Trump, but the majority would come from endless democrat drama and lies. And then the media will run with whatever the democrats want them to. It would turn into one huge political mess, I'm afraid. Trump can come back in and be 100% politically correct and doing all of the right things and moves, and they collectively would bring about the endless drama from the lying crew.

But then of course Trump is not one to back down and keep his lips sealed. So of course he'll be a braggart from day one, and then fight back viciously against any and all lies coming from the dems/media. And then by the end of it we will want to vote for neither one of them.

But as bad as it may sound, Trump is a much much better option than Biden, but I don't see a way for him to be in office 'without' the drama that comes to the table. Then the hatred the left has for him - they will use that hatred to bring about exactly what we had before, I'm afraid. So good or bad, it brings negativity, regardless of who is at fault. Such a shame.

I'll also have to see the entire line up in the primaries. Brain Dead Joe said he was a one term president to begin with. And his brain has more than spoken those words. And maybe Trump is all talk and will end up just supporting someone? But a portion of me sees him that angry, that kind of guy that needs to win again so that he can go out that way, and not the way he did already.

I don't see a fun 2024.
Trump burned some bridges so who would serve on his cabinet? Who will be his VP? I'd bet if he got behind DeSantis his base would make the move. However, I don't think DeSantis wants any part of running for president yet.

jimnyc
03-14-2022, 01:31 PM
Trump burned some bridges so who would serve on his cabinet? Who will be his VP? I'd bet if he got behind DeSantis his base would make the move. However, I don't think DeSantis wants any part of running for president yet.

Yes, and he started burning them in 2016 and lost a lot of big name support. I know he wants to be tough, but there are also times you need to compromise to build that base and support.

I said the same a long time back, that if he would just stand behind DeSantis with his full support & encourage his followers to do the same - and then let DeSantis take the microphone from there, would be a much more solid choice, and a lot less drama. But DeSantis isn't exactly quiet either! But I think he knows better of when to speak up and when the STFU.

Kathianne
03-14-2022, 02:01 PM
I think DeSantis wants to run, but is very wary of the wrath of Trump. Right now I think he's focused on his immediate reelection, while waiting and watching. I don't see Trump backing down, he's scores to settle and things he wants to do regarding policies. Unfortunately it's in that order, imo. If the press and congress were problematic before, it would be much worse. First though, he'd have to win, which may be a problem to begin with.