PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Blackburn: People Don’t Want An Activist On The Supreme Court

Gunny
03-13-2022, 06:11 PM
Jackson sounds inexperienced and too much of an activist for my taste. Might not matter to some now, but this is the kind of crap that bites us in the butt.

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 8:00 AM PT – Saturday, March 12, 2022Senate Judiciary Committee member Marsha Blackburn recently spoke out regarding Joe Biden’s Supreme Court nominee. The Republican lawmaker said Americans do not want an activist judge on the high court. One America’s John Hines has more from Capitol Hill.
video @ link: https://www.oann.com/sen-blackburn-people-dont-want-an-activist-on-the-supreme-court/

jimnyc
03-14-2022, 01:28 PM
That's a double no from me, not that it matters a damn.

I take no issues whatsoever with a SC judge being either a woman or a black person. They could and should be color and sex blind.

But for me, they need to be fully supportive of our constitution and base their decisions starting there.

But this one is too much of an activist for me. I don't even wanna see a touch of that in your local or state courts, let alone on the most supreme court of the land. No thanks from me.

Gunny
03-14-2022, 07:28 PM
That's a double no from me, not that it matters a damn.

I take no issues whatsoever with a SC judge being either a woman or a black person. They could and should be color and sex blind.

But for me, they need to be fully supportive of our constitution and base their decisions starting there.

But this one is too much of an activist for me. I don't even wanna see a touch of that in your local or state courts, let alone on the most supreme court of the land. No thanks from me.

I think every eligible lawyer that is not a black female should file suit against Biden. Isn't announcing before only black females need apply discrimination?

Heaven forbid we get the person who is best qualified for the job. We end up with some lesser-or-unqualifed dolt based on race and gender. Think I was a Kathianne thread this AM on this very thing ... we declare we stand for something yet practice something entirely different and accomplish nothing.