PDA

View Full Version : I Broke Into Your House....

Pale Rider
02-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I Broke into Your House

The following is an email editorial:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests. Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters:
a.. You are REQUIRED to let me stay in your house
b.. You are REQUIRED to add me to your family's insurance plan
c.. You are REQUIRED to Educate my kids
d.. You are REQUIRED to Provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except
for well, you know, I did break into your house.

And what a deal it is for me!!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, and I DEMAND that you to learn MY LANGUAGE, so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?!

Mr. P
02-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I Broke into Your House

And I SHOT yer dumb ass!

Pale Rider
02-05-2007, 04:58 PM
And I SHOT yer dumb ass!

Applying that statement to the above parody, are you saying all illegal aliens should be shot?

Mr. P
02-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Applying that statement to the above parody, are you saying all illegal aliens should be shot?

As they walk across the border! :)

Pale Rider
02-05-2007, 05:05 PM

That would probably solve the problem. I wish it was that easy. You have to get past the liberal illegal enablers first.

Yurt
02-05-2007, 05:44 PM

I know that you are fully aware that using deadly force to protect property is illegal.

krisy
02-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Pale,I have to agree this is a huge problem. when illegals are getting benefits while hard working Americans struggle...that is just plain WRONG. I do believe these people are hard working,some of them, but what do their supporters have to say about the rest that are just smuggling drugs into our country?!!! I guess that is o.k. because they should have the same rights as the drug dealers in the U.S.....a more equal opportunity:no: :uhoh

Our politicians better wake up. It seems common sense that if Illegal aliens from Mexico can get into the U.S.,it would be just as easy for terrorists as well.

Pale Rider
02-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Pale,I have to agree this is a huge problem. when illegals are getting benefits while hard working Americans struggle...that is just plain WRONG. I do believe these people are hard working,some of them, but what do their supporters have to say about the rest that are just smuggling drugs into our country?!!! I guess that is o.k. because they should have the same rights as the drug dealers in the U.S.....a more equal opportunity:no: :uhoh

Our politicians better wake up. It seems common sense that if Illegal aliens from Mexico can get into the U.S.,it would be just as easy for terrorists as well.

You can believe krisy, the terrorists are fully aware that the FRONT DOOR to America is WIDE OPEN, and our elected officials are looking the other way.

Yurt
02-05-2007, 06:15 PM
You can believe krisy, the terrorists are fully aware that the FRONT DOOR to America is WIDE OPEN, and our elected officials are looking the other way.

How do you propose to close this door?

Pale Rider
02-05-2007, 06:17 PM
How do you propose to close this door?

Put the National Gaurd on the border, with orders to shoot. Problem solved.

Yurt
02-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Put the National Gaurd on the border, with orders to shoot. Problem solved.

All borders? Sea, land, etc...

Do you believe in asylum?

Pale Rider
02-05-2007, 06:23 PM
All borders? Sea, land, etc...

Do you believe in asylum?

On our southern border. The problem is the US, mexican border.

No asylum. No amnesty. No benefits. No ANYTHING! And if a pregnant illegal gives birth once in America, the child is just as illegal as she is.

Yurt
02-05-2007, 06:25 PM
On our southern border. The problem is the US, mexican border.

No asylum. No amnesty. No benefits. No ANYTHING! And if a pregnant illegal gives birth once in America, the child is just as illegal as she is.

To all people. No matter.

Pale Rider
02-05-2007, 06:51 PM
To all people. No matter.

Yes. Anyone in this country illegaly.

Yurt
02-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Yes. Anyone in this country illegaly.

Ok. Fair enough. Technically though, people seeking asylum, refuge are here "illegally." Would you deny them all outright, as you have said?

If yes, does this not make asylum, refuge worthless?

People coming here just to come are not the same. Mexico no doubt has a virtual iron wall when it comes to US citizens trying to get away down there. But they think the wall is transparent on one side only.

This does not though answer the question about true asylum seekers. Do you really support the denial of all asylum seekers?

Pale Rider
02-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Ok. Fair enough. Technically though, people seeking asylum, refuge are here "illegally." Would you deny them all outright, as you have said?

If yes, does this not make asylum, refuge worthless?

People coming here just to come are not the same. Mexico no doubt has a virtual iron wall when it comes to US citizens trying to get away down there. But they think the wall is transparent on one side only.

This does not though answer the question about true asylum seekers. Do you really support the denial of all asylum seekers?

If I'm not mistaken, you have to "prove" you're here seeking political asylum. If you can, and it's the law, I have no problem with it.

Yurt
02-05-2007, 07:10 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you have to "prove" you're here seeking political asylum. If you can, and it's the law, I have no problem with it.

We agree.

The BOP is another issue though, the burden is not the same as a criminal court, far less.

Gunny
02-05-2007, 09:55 PM
We agree.

The BOP is another issue though, the burden is not the same as a criminal court, far less.

Even though you say asylum seekers are here illegally technically, they are in fact seeking legal recourse through approved procedure.

I do not begrudge anyone who is here legally. That's never been my complaint.

CSM
02-05-2007, 09:59 PM
I know that you are fully aware that using deadly force to protect property is illegal.

I do believe that depends on which state you are in.

Mr. P
02-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I do believe that depends on which state you are in.

Totally legel here. I'm pretty sure it's legel in Texas and the other border states too, except maybe Ca.

Gunny
02-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Totally legel here. I'm pretty sure it's legel in Texas and the other border states too, except maybe Ca.

I'm not so sure, even here. Basically though, if someone comes in your house you can put a few rounds in them, but that is based on the premise of feeling your life or the lives of your family threatened.

Pale Rider
02-05-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm not so sure, even here. Basically though, if someone comes in your house you can put a few rounds in them, but that is based on the premise of feeling your life or the lives of your family threatened.

That is correct. If you can "prove" that you believed your life was in danger, it's perfectly legal to pump someone full of lead pills.

However, using deadly force on the border is what I believe Yurt was refering to. So if you can't use deadly force to protect your country, what is worth using it for then?

Gunny
02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
That is correct. If you can "prove" that you believed your life was in danger, it's perfectly legal to pump someone full of lead pills.

However, using deadly force on the border is what I believe Yurt was refering to. So if you can't use deadly force to protect your country, what is worth using it then?

I believe in that context, "reasonable" force is the appropriate civilian term. However, as we have seen recently in some court case that was posted, the courst does not recognize the authority of civilians. At least that's what they said when they took that dude's house from him.

Mr. P
02-05-2007, 10:57 PM

However, using deadly force on the border is what I believe Yurt was refering to. So if you can't use deadly force to protect your country, what is worth using it then?

We don't need to 'prove' a thing here, a statement of threat is enough. It's understood here, that if someone enters your home through a window or locked door without permission they ARE a threat to your life.

Pale Rider
02-05-2007, 11:12 PM
We don't need to 'prove' a thing here, a statement of threat is enough. It's understood here, that if someone enters your home through a window or locked door without permission they ARE a threat to your life.

They'd be one dead sons a bitch if that's the way entered MY house. I'd shoot first, and ask questions later.

Pale Rider
02-05-2007, 11:16 PM
I believe in that context, "reasonable" force is the appropriate civilian term. However, as we have seen recently in some court case that was posted, the courst does not recognize the authority of civilians. At least that's what they said when they took that dude's house from him.

I was telling Yurt that my solution to the open door on our southern border would be put the National Guard down there and give them orders to shoot.

The Slayer
02-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Why because our national guard does'nt have enought to do with a war going on, now they need to be border patrol ? I am sure with all the great minds on this board someone can come up with a better solution for this immigration problem than arming the border with our troops. The immigrants from the border are not a threat to our national security as much as to our social securtity and as soon as that is privatized we can come up with something more to blame them for.
By the way where did your family immigrate from? Anyone?
I am from Germany, Whales, oh and guess what I even have some native american in me but my family didnt have to live on a reservation the indian was bread ( as in white bread ) out of me. So no need to hate I am white.

manu1959
02-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Why because our national guard does'nt have enought to do with a war going on, now they need to be border patrol ? I am sure with all the great minds on this board someone can come up with a better solution for this immigration problem than arming the border with our troops. The immigrants from the border are not a threat to our national security as much as to our social securtity and as soon as that is privatized we can come up with something more to blame them for.
I am from Germany, Whales, oh and guess what I even have some native american in me but my family didnt have to live on a reservation the indian was bread ( as in white bread ) out of me. So no need to hate I am white.

did you and yours come here leagally or illegally?

do you pay taxes?

if you break the law what should happen to you?

Mr. P
02-06-2007, 12:11 AM

Legel too I bet. This is not about where, but about legel, illegel.

Pale Rider
02-06-2007, 12:16 AM

"The immigrants from the border"? What kind of PC crap is that? I'm pretty sure you're refering to the ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIMINALS that break our country's laws by sneaking into this country. Pffftt... immigrant. They have no intention of assimilating into an American. Give me a break. And to say there's no security risk there is just being oblivious.

And although it won't ever happen, putting the National Gaurd on the border WOULD solve the problem. That's why I suggested it. Ignoring it like most are doing now is even worse than my suggestion.

And my family didn't immigrate here. I was "BORN" here. I'm an American.

Hobbit
02-06-2007, 12:52 AM
I'm about as American as they come. I have NO ancestors who were outside of this country when the Declaration was signed. An eighth of them (or so) were already here before Jesus was crucified. I, however, willingly give all the same rights as I have to anybody who approaches the front door to our country looking for a break. Anybody, however, who attempts to sneak in through the back door, attempting to not only steal the birthright of all who call America home but to steal those things Americans have earned for themselves better get the hell off my damn lawn and go back where you came from. If you say you're sorry and get the hell to the end of the line like everybody else, I'll forgive you.

Hagbard Celine
02-06-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't like your metaphor. A country and a private residence are different in so many ways. You can't really compare illegal immigrants coming over here to look for work to a burglar. If we were to keep going with your metaphor, you'd have to add that the burglar broke in to be your butler. Now If someone broke into your house to be your butler, you'd have to at least think twice about being beligerent over his presence there. :)

Wassup holmes! I'm heer to be your butler mayne! I can garden too essay! Oohwee! My wife can clean your banjo! I can make a burrito loco! De nada.

Hobbit
02-06-2007, 01:08 PM
I don't like your metaphor. A country and a private residence are different in so many ways. You can't really compare illegal immigrants coming over here to look for work to a burglar. If we were to keep going with your metaphor, you'd have to add that the burglar broke in to be your butler. Now If someone broke into your house to be your butler, you'd have to at least think twice about being beligerent over his presence there. :)

Wassup holmes! I'm heer to be your butler mayne! I can garden too essay! Oohwee! My wife can clean your banjo! I can make a burrito loco! De nada.

That's...kinda what he was going for. If a guy broke into my house to be my butler, I'd call the cops. If a guy broke into my house because, say, my sister wanted to hire him as her butler, I'd call the cops, throw him out, and then probably slap my sister.

Hagbard Celine
02-06-2007, 01:36 PM
That's...kinda what he was going for. If a guy broke into my house to be my butler, I'd call the cops. If a guy broke into my house because, say, my sister wanted to hire him as her butler, I'd call the cops, throw him out, and then probably slap my sister.

Well, I think the better metaphor is that of the college apartment. We all have a room here and we all pay taxes (share the bills). When I was in college, I wouldn't have cared if my roommates' friends broke in to clean the place up and cook us french toast and lay a brick walkway outside that led to the garden they tended to bring us fresh strawberries with our french toast.

Hobbit
02-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Well, I think the better metaphor is that of the college apartment. We all have a room here and we all pay taxes (share the bills). When I was in college, I wouldn't have cared if my roommates' friends broke in to clean the place up and cook us french toast and lay a brick walkway outside that led to the garden they tended to bring us fresh strawberries with our french toast.

What if they also slept there, trashed the lounge, and did their laundry on the machines, all while you had to pay extra housing fees to cover their wages and pay for the damage they did. Statistically, each illegal immigrant is a drain on society, drawing more money in social programs and uninsured damages than they contribute with their labor.

Hagbard Celine
02-06-2007, 03:49 PM
What if they also slept there, trashed the lounge, and did their laundry on the machines, all while you had to pay extra housing fees to cover their wages and pay for the damage they did. Statistically, each illegal immigrant is a drain on society, drawing more money in social programs and uninsured damages than they contribute with their labor.

I would have to sit through a lecture given by a qualified person such as an immigration official to be convinced of that. Your position sounds very hypothetical and frankly biased in my opinion. Have you factored in the savings that trickles down to us because of the low wages these people will work for? Those cheap fruits and vegetables you buy at the grocery as well as the lowered labor costs of construction among other things don't happen by magic. What legal citizen do you know of who would work long days in blistering heat to pick strawberries or lima beans for three dollars an hour or less? If we had total, tight control over every person who entered the US, I have a feeling it would cost a lot more to live here. If it's true that their presence here raises taxes slightly due to the "burden" they have imposed on our social infrastructure, I imagine that it equals out when you factor in the savings we recieve as a consequence of their hard work. The issue I have a problem with is that many illegals siphon money from our economy down into Mexico (i.e. out of our economy.) I imagine the biggest losses to the US economy come from that, not from the "strain" they have imposed on our social programs--if any.

Hobbit
02-06-2007, 04:10 PM
I would have to sit through a lecture given by a qualified person such as an immigration official to be convinced of that. Your position sounds very hypothetical and frankly biased in my opinion. Have you factored in the savings that trickles down to us because of the low wages these people will work for? Those cheap fruits and vegetables you buy at the grocery as well as the lowered labor costs of construction among other things don't happen by magic. What legal citizen do you know of who would work long days in blistering heat to pick strawberries or lima beans for three dollars an hour or less? If we had total, tight control over every person who entered the US, I have a feeling it would cost a lot more to live here. If it's true that their presence here raises taxes slightly due to the "burden" they have imposed on our social infrastructure, I imagine that it equals out when you factor in the savings we recieve as a consequence of their hard work. The issue I have a problem with is that many illegals siphon money from our economy down into Mexico (i.e. out of our economy.) I imagine the biggest losses to the US economy come from that, not from the "strain" they have imposed on our social programs--if any.

I have considered that, and the savings aren't enough. No single field employes more than 10% illegals, including the sweaty, harsh work of picking crops in the summer sun. If all illegals were replaced tomorrow by legal workers making wages on the level with the legal workers employed today, the price of vegetables would go up a couple of cents on the dollar, hardly bank breaking. Construction prices wouldn't go up by even that much, if any at all. I'm all for cheap vegetables and letting our neighbors to the south help us out with that, but I ask that they pay for their own health care (if they can) and pay taxes. If the border was plugged and a program was made through which Mexican immigrants could come here seasonally to pick vegetables and there was a system in place to make sure they returned at the end of the season, I'd support it.

Then there's also crime and sanitation to think about. Without knowing who the people are streaming across the border, we get a lot of rapists, murderers, thieves, and drug smugglers coming across the border, not to mention a huge batch of TB. 1 in 4 illegal immigrants has a criminal record somewhere, and illegals are the source of virtually all TB outbreaks in America today.

Gunny
02-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I was telling Yurt that my solution to the open door on our southern border would be put the National Guard down there and give them orders to shoot.

I don't see that ever happening. I DO see building an impenetrable barrier as a solution, with orders given to use whatever force necessary to repel or subdue boarders.

But when drug dealers come across and attack a Nat'l Guard post, well, I say light 'em up.

If they'd fired on my post and I was armed, that's exactly what I'd have done. My knee hurts nowadays and I ain't running any-damned-where in combat boots.:laugh:

Gunny
02-06-2007, 10:57 PM

Nope. Defending our border with troops is EXACTLY what we need to do, besides other countermeasures.

My family emigrated LEGALLY ....by the way.

Pale Rider
02-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I don't see that ever happening. I DO see building an impenetrable barrier as a solution, with orders given to use whatever force necessary to repel or subdue boarders.

I'd say you're more optomistic about the problem than I am Gunny.

I don't see our government doing anything worth while until there's enough illegal mexicans in this country to demand a large portion of southwestern America annexed as part of mexico. That IS what they WANT.