PDA

View Full Version : Leaders of Poland, Czech Republic, Slovenia to visit Kyiv on Tuesday

Gunny
03-15-2022, 10:08 AM
https://www.politico.eu/article/leader-poland-czech-republic-slovenia-visit-kyiv/

Where's our International Rep for Debutants, Harris now?

Kathianne
03-15-2022, 11:50 AM
https://www.politico.eu/article/leader-poland-czech-republic-slovenia-visit-kyiv/

Where's our International Rep for Debutants, Harris now?
Truth. Still I think they should have done this without announcement until it was over. It's brave and good to go, reckless imo to make themselves targets.

Gunny
03-16-2022, 09:33 AM
Truth. Still I think they should have done this without announcement until it was over. It's brave and good to go, reckless imo to make themselves targets.

Big picture, and goes to the other article I posted about Europe taking the lead. Sure, it's great, and probably appropriate that Europe step up and participate in its own defense. Not like they have much choice given our current CinC couldn't lead preschoolers to the playground.

At the same time, it seems everyone is getting in line to take pot shots at the US. China has proposed and the Saudi's are mulling over accepting yuan as payment for oil. A dent in the dollar and Congress overspending based on the dollar's reserve strength. Credit cards. Tsk tsk.

Your other thread points out China's threat to use nukes. China is the most passive-aggressive state I can think of. Bunch of psycho's.

At any rate, the US might want to emotionally withdraw from the World and pretend it's all about us, but we can hardly take the financial hit we would if we do. SImply for the reason we are not prepared.

Meantime, these EU leaders are promising to admit Ukraine into the EU as soon as possible. Brings back up the conflict between the EU and NATO. One bureaucracy canceling the other made almost humorous by the fact the same people/countries more or less make up both bureaucracies. Members must be having some interesting conversations with their mirrors :laugh:

fj1200
03-16-2022, 03:03 PM
Members must be having some interesting conversations with their mirrors :laugh:

NATO answers NATO questions and EU answers EU questions. Those are different questions with different answers.

Gunny
03-16-2022, 04:48 PM
NATO answers NATO questions and EU answers EU questions. Those are different questions with different answers.

The questions are not always different. The answers can be. Just depends on who you want telling you "why not".