PDA

View Full Version : Democrats divided over how to deal with rising inflation

Gunny
03-18-2022, 09:04 AM
The only one making sense to me is Manchin. I'm really starting to like this guy I never heard about before Build Biden a Brain. The rest looks like to many factions unwilling to compromise, and Mitch acting like he's got a "special, secret plan". Again :rolleyes:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/598701-divisions-hamper-democrats-inflation-strategy

fj1200
03-18-2022, 12:34 PM
Zero creativity. They trot out the same "solutions" every time and I think they're just hoping for the right time where they can get stupid passed; Affordable Care Act comes to mind. The Windfall Profits Tax didn't work in the 30s either when they called it the Undistributed Profits Tax.

Gunny
03-18-2022, 12:43 PM
Zero creativity. They trot out the same "solutions" every time and I think they're just hoping for the right time where they can get stupid passed; Affordable Care Act comes to mind. The Windfall Profits Tax didn't work in the 30s either when they called it the Undistributed Profits Tax.Has always annoyed me that as long as they agree on it and put it in writing, government theft isn't stealing :rolleyes:

Kathianne
03-18-2022, 12:54 PM
Has always annoyed me that as long as they agree on it and put it in writing, government theft isn't stealing :rolleyes:
Yep. Redistribution of income, with gov't taking a bite at both ends.

Russ
03-19-2022, 05:19 PM
I'm getting sooo tired of the false naming of political-crap bills. The "Build Back Better" bill isn't building anything back, and it's not doing anything better. It is intentionally intended to buy votes, and it is unintentionally creating hyper inflation. That's about it.

What's the next bill going to be named? The "Goodness" bill or the "Niceness" bill?

How about this idea - Congress has to write up every bill and then they have to submit it to the members of debatepolocy.com, who will then assign a name to it as they see fit? I have a few bill names ready, like "Biden is a Clown" bill and "Dems can Pound Sand" bill.

Kathianne
03-19-2022, 05:21 PM
I'm getting sooo tired of the false naming of political-crap bills. The "Build Back Better" bill isn't building anything back, and it's not doing anything better. It is intentionally intended to buy votes, and it is unintentionally creating hyper inflation. That's about it.

What's the next bill going to be named? The "Goodness" bill or the "Niceness" bill?

How about this idea - Congress has to write up every bill and then they have to submit it to the members of debatepolocy.com, who will then assign a name to it as they see fit? I have a few bill names ready, like "Biden is a Clown" bill and "Dems can Pound Sand" bill.
:laugh2: I agree with the frustration, though you are funnier than i.