PDA

View Full Version : Hypersonic? Another General Kaput?

Kathianne
03-19-2022, 08:59 AM
Just woke. Headlines caught.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/03/19/russia-now-witness-the-firepower-of-this-fully-armed-and-operational-hypersonic-missile-system-n456465

Gunny
03-19-2022, 06:14 PM
Hypersonic = travels Mach 5 or faster, and can maneuver at that speed. Lessens response time. Payloads are the SOS. I'm sure his factory isn't spitting them out by the minute. Wasting one to blow up an ammo dump tells me what we consider conventional weapons are running low for him, as well as his patience.

As far as hypersonic goes, doesn't matter if your missile defense is Mickey Mouse. They could drop the payload from a balloon.

Kathianne
03-19-2022, 06:19 PM
Hypersonic = travels Mach 5 or faster, and can maneuver at that speed. Lessens response time. Payloads are the SOS. I'm sure his factory isn't spitting them out by the minute. Wasting one to blow up an ammo dump tells me what we consider conventional weapons are running low for him, as well as his patience.

As far as hypersonic goes, doesn't matter if your missile defense is Mickey Mouse. They could drop the payload from a balloon.
Most of the noise centers on sign of Putin willing to use nukes. Seems it's capable of either conventional or nuclear.

Gunny
03-19-2022, 06:33 PM
Most of the noise centers on sign of Putin willing to use nukes. Seems it's capable of either conventional or nuclear.It can carry either/or - conventional or nuclear warhead.

Anybody hear anything about anyone being on alert? When was the last time our Missile Defense System was discussed, much less upgraded?

I'm not stressing about it since there's nothing us puny, mortal citizens can say or do about it, nor are we privileged enough to have some place to hide out, if one wanted to. I am more concerned that I am 2 kg off my (current) goal on a power clean. I'll be pissed if I get nuked before I get those 2 kilos :mad:

Seriously, if Putin used nukes and there is no response in kind, he owns the World, not just Ukraine. Response will likely lead to escalation. Then all those millions of years it took to get to this point will be dead within a year. Whatever the explosions don't kill, the fallout will. Whatever the fallout doesn't kill, nuclear winter will.

Matter of fact, if he isn't stopped now, he seems Hell bent on turning Ukraine into a parking lot while everyone sits around and does nothing. He's no going to stop with Ukraine so if anyone is going to do anything they might ought to get to it.