PDA

View Full Version : Remember and learn from history: Punish Putin and his cronies, not all Russians

Gunny
03-20-2022, 09:52 AM
Where the author appears to be going is further than I'm willing to. That said, the main point here is good, and I agree. I've seen some things done recently by some that are just stupid.

First and foremost: Why is it Ukranians fleeing Ukraine can cross the Southern US Border but Russians fleeing Russia cannot? Seems to me they're both fleeing the same damned fool with a gun.

Pouring Russian vodka down the drain :rolleyes: FYI, most vodka with Russian-sounding names is not Russian. Russia itself exports one major brand of vodka, and 1 or 2 lesser brands.

Wartime embargoes are just how it goes. Sucks to have a shitty leader. We of all people should understand THAT.

Have we learned nothing from locking up every Japanese-American after Pearl Harbor? Not every Russian is Putin. Given the free and fair election in Russia, he's probably not the majority's choice.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/598773-remember-and-learn-from-history-punish-putin-and-cronies-not-all-russians

Kathianne
03-20-2022, 01:18 PM
Where the author appears to be going is further than I'm willing to. That said, the main point here is good, and I agree. I've seen some things done recently by some that are just stupid.

First and foremost: Why is it Ukranians fleeing Ukraine can cross the Southern US Border but Russians fleeing Russia cannot? Seems to me they're both fleeing the same damned fool with a gun.

Pouring Russian vodka down the drain :rolleyes: FYI, most vodka with Russian-sounding names is not Russian. Russia itself exports one major brand of vodka, and 1 or 2 lesser brands.

Wartime embargoes are just how it goes. Sucks to have a shitty leader. We of all people should understand THAT.

Have we learned nothing from locking up every Japanese-American after Pearl Harbor? Not every Russian is Putin. Given the free and fair election in Russia, he's probably not the majority's choice.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/598773-remember-and-learn-from-history-punish-putin-and-cronies-not-all-russians

I agree with all, there is a special stupid though with pouring vodka out, Russian or not. It's already yours, YOU ARE POURING YOUR OWN MONEY LITERALLY DOWN THE DRAIN.

Gunny
03-20-2022, 01:44 PM
I agree with all, there is a special stupid though with pouring vodka out, Russian or not. It's already yours, YOU ARE POURING YOUR OWN MONEY LITERALLY DOWN THE DRAIN.

This sounds a bit more personal than just a loss of funds :laugh2:

Kathianne
03-20-2022, 01:46 PM
This sounds a bit more personal than just a loss of funds :laugh2:
:laugh2: Not me, lol! Even when I drank it wasn't vodka.

revelarts
10-21-2023, 05:38 PM
Bump

universal application?

Gunny
10-22-2023, 01:16 PM
Bump

universal application?You of course wish to opine regarding the point already made?

I will gladly pour out any Palestinians vodka I can find:rolleyes: