PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon: Ukraine May Begin RegIning Territory

Kathianne
03-22-2022, 03:10 PM
Has already begun:

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/03/22/report-pentagon-believes-ukrainian-forces-now-able-and-willing-to-reclaim-territory-from-russia-n457157

Gunny
03-23-2022, 09:04 AM
Has already begun:

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/03/22/report-pentagon-believes-ukrainian-forces-now-able-and-willing-to-reclaim-territory-from-russia-n457157They have to figure out a way to relieve Mariupol. It's a humanitarian disaster. Those useless blowhards at the UN would be justified stepping in.

All the West does is talk. If I was Zelenskiy/Ukrainian, I would be reassessing my desire to want to align myself with the West.

fj1200
03-23-2022, 09:11 AM
All the West does is talk. If I was Zelenskiy/Ukrainian, I would be reassessing my desire to want to align myself with the West.

The West is future. The East is past. The US and EU should be offereing a free trade pact to a free Ukraine yesterday.

Gunny
03-23-2022, 10:08 AM
The West is future. The East is past. The US and EU should be offereing a free trade pact to a free Ukraine yesterday.

Yes. Or not. Do recall that the agreement was made by the West to not encroach on Eastern Europe. I would never have made that agreement knowing it would not be up to me to keep it. It WAS made.

Can say at the time the current was not foreseeable. Unless you were a Marine :) We weren't buying any of this huggy-kissy-smoochy crap. Russians are Russians. They operate at the base-level thug. They're mostly descendants of Mongols and the nuts have never managed to get far from the tree. Everything they do is by brute force.

From our perspective, non of this is worth what Putin is doing. We don't get it. He does. He's playing chess and the West is playing checkers. He's cut his international debt and dependency on the West. Sanctions hurt, but not like they would have 10-20 years ago. He didn't come up with this idea last month, nor in 2016.

The World appears to be rife with issues that could have been solved "yesterday" if anyone would have acted. Stalin was Hitler's ally when it suited his goals before he became ours out of treachery and necessity.