PDA

View Full Version : Biden touts steps to bolster NATO's collective defense

Gunny
03-24-2022, 09:58 AM
https://thehill.com/policy/international/599549-biden-touts-steps-to-bolster-natos-collective-defense

Title is a ruse. US media appears determined to interject Biden at every chance and magnify his importance in ... well ... anything :rolleyes: As I expected, Biden threw more money and small arms weaponry at the issue. Out of the goodness of his heart, Mr Open Borders who has let hundreds of thousand flood across our Southern border is allowing 100k Ukrainian children into the US.

Back in the real World, I've been watching the news on French and German TV. The might be social weirdo's, but I don't have to filter out our MSM which is just as likely to lie as breathe. Biden gets a barely mention while most eyes are on Stoltenberg.

Gunny
03-24-2022, 10:06 AM
Meantime, Stoltenberg addressed providing Ukraine with NBC protective gear (nuclear, chemical, bio). Providing even more ground to air arms and anti-tank weapons.

Should see the duh, goofy-ass look on Biden's face walking into the meeting. Poor Stoltenberg is the only one anywhere near him. Guess he got the short straw :laugh:

NightTrain
03-24-2022, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I have noticed that, too. Europe wrote him off during the Afghanistan cluster, and with good reason.

Any remaining respect Biden may have had afterwards was quickly eliminated with the MiG-29 thing :

No, NATO can't supply those fighters.

Yes, go ahead and give them those fighters.

No, you can't.

Talk about projecting utter chaos, he's a bumbling puppet with inept puppeteers who have no business being in DC, let alone crafting foreign policy.

And all the while, Kerry is in the background, wringing his hands and moaning about what a terrible setback Ukraine is for the environment.

Oh, and Biden's still trying to put together another Iran deal asking the Russians - of all people - to broker it.

Small wonder that Europe stepped up to the plate. We won't be involved until the actual world leaders make a decision.

Ukraine can thank their lucky stars that Merkel wasn't still in power when this all went down, otherwise NATO and Europe would have also been sidelined along with the US. I don't know much about the new guy, but anything would have been better than Merkel.

Gunny
03-24-2022, 11:25 AM
Listening to Macron. He's saying all the things Brandon should be. How the worm has turned :rolleyes:

One thing I've neard about Brandon, and now Macron, is both are pushing Zelenskiy to accept some kind of ceasefire agreement from Putin. I wouldn't. My idea of a compromise: Get out.

In the meantime, Macron has deployed enough military in Eastern Europe and the Med that Biden should feel like an even smaller fish in a big ocean than he is. Being upstaged by the "We Surrender" first French.

The US is not going to come out of this unscathed geopolitically. Our days of walking around the World doing as we please are over.