PDA

View Full Version : Putin heard 'loud and clear' call for regime change

Gunny
03-26-2022, 08:08 PM
Of course Vlad the Inhaler will probably try to use Biden's brainless gaffe as an excuse.

I find it disingenuous that Putin or anyone else try and pretend Biden's words meant anything more than the blithering of a doddering old fool. Everybody knows he is.

President Biden (https://www.foxnews.com/category/person/joe-biden)'s speech Saturday in Poland affirmed to Russian President Vladimir Putin (https://www.foxnews.com/category/world/personalities/vladimir-putin) what he already long suspected – the U.S. wants him out of power, a Russia (https://www.foxnews.com/category/world/world-regions/russia) expert told Fox News Digital.
"Putin heard loud and clear a call for regime change," Rebekah Koffler, a Russian-born former Defense Intelligence Agency officer, said.

Speaking on the world stage about Russia's war on Ukraine, Biden said: "For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power."

President Biden (https://www.foxnews.com/category/person/joe-biden)'s speech Saturday in Poland affirmed to Russian President Vladimir Putin (https://www.foxnews.com/category/world/personalities/vladimir-putin) what he already long suspected – the U.S. wants him out of power, a Russia (https://www.foxnews.com/category/world/world-regions/russia) expert told Fox News Digital.
"Putin heard loud and clear a call for regime change," Rebekah Koffler, a Russian-born former Defense Intelligence Agency officer, said.

Putin has long suspected that Washington was working on regime change, possibly through a "color revolution" to orchestrate a civil society uprising to bring about his ouster, according to Koffler.

Shortly after Biden's speech however, the White House denied that Biden was calling for regime change.
"The President’s point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbors or the region. He was not discussing Putin’s power in Russia, or regime change," a White House official told Fox News Digital shortly after the speech concluded.

Koffler said the Biden administration understood they made a mistake at a time when Russia is hanging on their every word.

The cleanup shows the White House is not fully in control of the message, she said.
"I would be interested in knowing whether that was in his TelePrompTer or not, because people who create his speeches have a responsibility for the American people to minimize security threats," Koffler said. "And if they put something like that in his TelePrompTer, that means those people are incompetent."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/putin-regime-change-biden-remarks-expert

Kathianne
03-26-2022, 08:20 PM
Of course Vlad the Inhaler will probably try to use Biden's brainless gaffe as an excuse.

I find it disingenuous that Putin or anyone else try and pretend Biden's words meant anything more than the blithering of a doddering old fool. Everybody knows he is.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/putin-regime-change-biden-remarks-expert
If and when he uses WMD or attacks some other country, he has Biden on tape to convince his captive, propaganda fed public that their country is under attack him personally.

This was a gift to Putin.

Gunny
03-27-2022, 05:43 PM
If and when he uses WMD or attacks some other country, he has Biden on tape to convince his captive, propaganda fed public that their country is under attack him personally.

This was a gift to Putin.Waited to check today's headlines. Acting as if it's just one of those "mis-speaks":rolleyes:

Got me to thinking. The left is the one that hold each and every one accountable for each and every word, to include the left's assumed intent. They've had everyone measuring each and every word to ensure it's within the narrative the left allows to be stated out loud.

On the other hand, all we hear FROM the left ABOUT the left is: "What he meant was...", "He mis-spoke", etc. Calling them on them saying what they meant or were thinking is just making a big deal out of nothing. "What he really meant was ....":rolleyes:

Let's call "mis-speak" what it is: He screwed up. He lied. He was wrong. I'm old school fine with people screwing up, admitting it, and apologizing and moving on. How we learn.

Gunny
03-27-2022, 05:49 PM
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/27/regime-change-putin-russia-smith-00020689

Kathianne
03-27-2022, 06:09 PM
Doesn't matter who or how many 'misspoke' is brought out. There's video of major address of Biden clearly calling for regime change. There's WaPo headline about Biden's awesome speech, comparing him to Reagan.

Gunny
03-27-2022, 07:15 PM
Doesn't matter who or how many 'misspoke' is brought out. There's video of major address of Biden clearly calling for regime change. There's WaPo headline about Biden's awesome speech, comparing him to Reagan.

Was pondering in a more quiet moment last evening what would Reagan have done? Fired Joe Biden. Then told Putin go right ahead and use nukes, bro. Hope you're ready for incoming cuz you won't be the only one pushing buttons.

I am well aware Biden's "mis-spoke" is there. More than one. Telling the 82nd Airborne "Wait'll you get there":rolleyes: Stating we will retaliate to chem warfare "in kind". Even calling Putin a butcher.

Dumb. Even if true and thinking it, I see no reason to make a dangerous adversary feel he has no way out.

All the usual, leftwinut, suspect media has put a "Biden the Great" spin on it. Aggravating but I expected no less. Fact is, he's a loser and everyone in NATO/Europe and Russia and China and Iran knows it. Just as they are aware there's an even dumber idiot waiting in the wings to take his place if the Dems quit just ignoring Biden's lack of a brain.

Meantime, to all the aforementioned in the World, Biden represents US. THAT almost makes me sick to my stomach.

Gunny
03-28-2022, 04:18 PM
Happened upon a WaPo article last night. Can't find it on the internet. Mainly because WaPo wants $. Uh huh. Count on that :rolleyes:

Was a decent article. If you like digging for facts. I mean REALLY digging. In the guise of showing concern for Biden's gaffes and possible ramifications, they got the facts mostly right. Concern for adverse reaction for Putin appropriate. One of the things mentioned I had already -- not a good idea to make Putin feel he has nothing to lose.

Even disclosed for those who can't do simple math that Biden went off-script instead of sticking to his teleprompter for his two most egregious gaffes. Oh? Joe Dem uses a teleprompter? is that the same piece of equipment called a teleprompter the Dems beat to death and then some when a Republican was using it?

Anyway, I was thinking, that's a LOT of admissions for Dems/leftist MSM. I was smelling "desperate" when they're actually telling some truths and sho nuff :rolleyes:

The remaining 2/3s of the article was spent explaining how Joe was just being Joe (we got THAT part). He readily admits to being a gaffe machine. Recounted several past minor gaffes that even ticked off Obama. Oddly, no mention of his wandering paws around the ladies.

My takeaway: Journalists educated at least well enough to try and diffuse the seriousness of Biden's gaffes by blowing enough smoke to shroud NYC.

In looking for articles that gave a critical eye to Biden's gaffes I found a whole bunch of articles on how badly Biden's first black woman Supreme Court Justice was being treated by those mean Republicans :rolleyes: Sorry, but I saw nothing coming close to how Kavanaugh was treated.

I wonder do they think the rest of the World and Putin especially give a crap about Biden's and/or his handler's excuses?

Pretty sure Zelenskiy doesn't. He basically called the West cowards. With good cause, IMO.

Gunny
03-28-2022, 04:43 PM
Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America. Expressing his personal opinion in public, while represent the Office. Marines lose stripes for such :rolleyes:

March 28, 2022
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -U.S President Joe Biden said on Monday his remark in Warsaw that Russian President Vladimir Putin should be removed from power reflected his own moral outrage, not an administration policy shift.
“I wasn’t then nor am I now articulating a policy change. I was expressing moral outrage that I felt, and I make no apologies,” he told reporters at the White House, noting that prior to the remark, made in a speech on Saturday, he had visited with families displaced by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
At the end of the speech in the Polish capital, Biden added an unscripted line, saying that Putin “cannot remain in power.” Administration officials rushed to clarify afterward that the White House was not advocating for regime change in Russia.
Biden added on Monday that he was “not walking anything back” by clarifying the remark. Asked whether the remark would spur a negative response from Putin, Biden said, “I don’t care what he thinks. … He’s going to do what he’s going to do.”
But Biden once again suggested Putin should not be leading Russia. If Putin “continues on the course that he’s on, he’s going to become a pariah worldwide and who knows what he becomes at home in terms of support,” Biden said.
https://www.oann.com/biden-says-moral-outrage-behind-putin-comment-not-u-s-policy-change/

Gunny
03-28-2022, 05:42 PM
Another take.

March 28, 2022
By Trevor Hunnicutt and Jarrett Renshaw
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Joe Biden, his aides and Western allies are scrambling to explain his remark that Russian leader Vladimir Putin could not remain in power because they do not want to escalate conflict between Washington and Moscow, officials said.
The nine-word line, at the end of a 27-minute speech in Warsaw on Saturday, has distracted from what some observers regard as the best piece of rhetoric of Biden’s presidency. It made foreign allies uneasy at the end of an otherwise successful trip aimed at uniting allies against Russia, and has raised fresh questions about the United States’ long-term strategy for its former Cold War foe.
“For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power,” Biden said in the Polish capital after condemning Putin’s month-long war in Ukraine at length.
A White House official told Reuters the comment about Putin was not in the scripted speech. Asked whether the sentiment reflected Biden’s true feelings, the official didn’t answer directly but noted that the U.S. president has not shied away from calling his Russian counterpart a “butcher” and “war criminal.”
In his political career, Biden has made some notable verbal missteps during freewheeling sessions with reporters or other spontaneous events. On his recent European trip, Biden said the United States would respond “in kind” if Russia used chemical weapons in Ukraine and suggested that U.S. troops would go to the frontlines, neither of which represent U.S. policy.
But Saturday’s remark wasn’t one of those situations – he was speaking to an audience from a teleprompter. In the minutes before he called for Putin’s departure from power, the crowd of roughly 1,000 people was clearly feeding off Biden’s remarks, clapping, waiving flags and even starting a chant.
Biden’s emotional declaration gave voice to the frustration that many Western countries – and many U.S. voters – feel about the invasion of Ukraine, one ally to the Democratic president said.
It came, officials explained, after a day that included Biden meeting with Ukrainian refugees uprooted by war and government officials in Ukraine trying to respond to Russian bombing campaigns that have ravaged cities and, according to the United Nations human rights office, killed at least 1,119 civilians.
Nonetheless, the remark echoes long-standing accusations from Russia and other nations that the United States seeks an imperialistic role in world conflicts, and escalates tensions as the West tries to manage an increasingly unpredictable Putin.
The clean-up effort was swift and widespread, reflecting a strong desire inside the administration to avoid escalation with Russia, even it if dinged Biden’s reputation.
The U.S. secretary of state, White House press office, U.S. ambassador to NATO, and German chancellor all shot the idea of regime change down within a day, capped by Biden himself who bluntly said “No,” when asked by reporters in Washington if he is calling for regime change.
On Monday, Biden explained to reporters at the White House that his remark reflected his own “moral outrage” about Putin’s actions, rather than any policy change. Still he added, if the Russian leader “continues on the course that he’s on, he’s going to become a pariah worldwide and who knows what he becomes at home in terms of support.”
Officials in the Biden administration have said in recent weeks that they have grown increasingly concerned about Putin’s decision-making and his country’s more casual invocation of the threat of nuclear weapons, a posture that made Biden’s statement even more surprising.
WHAT IS THE END GAME?
In recent weeks, the Biden administration has distanced itself from suggestions, including by U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham, that the solution to the crisis in Ukraine is Putin’s forcible removal.
But it has described actions against Russian companies, banks, government officials and oligarchs as directly aimed at Putin, an attempt to alienate him from supporters domestically and on the foreign stage.
Putin is now more “isolated from the world than he has ever been,” Biden said during his State of the Union address to Congress on March 1; a week later he announced plans to “squeeze” Putin further.
Despite engaging directly with Putin, Biden was unsuccessful in coaxing him into not invading Ukraine in the first place. Since the invasion began on Feb. 24, Biden has attempted to speak directly to the Russians instead. “You, the Russian people, are not our enemy,” the U.S. president said in Warsaw.
Biden officials have not answered questions about what “end game” scenarios the White House envisions around the Ukraine invasion, or how they think Putin might deescalate the conflict.
Last week, one of Putin’s closest allies, Dmitry Medvedev, warned the United States that the Russian president’s departure from power could create an unstable leadership in Moscow “with a maximum number of nuclear weapons aimed at targets in the United States and Europe.”
Asked about Biden’s comment in Warsaw, which received little coverage on Russian state television, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said: “This is a statement that is certainly alarming.”
Andrew Lohsen, an expert on the conflict and a fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a think tank, warned: “This is going to be part and parcel of Russian disinformation campaigns to malign the motivations of the United States.”
https://www.oann.com/analysis-bidens-putin-power-remark-raises-questions-about-long-term-russia-strategy/

SassyLady
03-28-2022, 11:02 PM
I no longer wonder how we ended up with that idiot other than who was behind the election corruption. With all that's coming to light recently it points to the WEF putting him in power and is using him to push more worldwide crises to help with the Great Reset. Biden even confirmed that is the goal ... to create a global reset.

Gunny
03-29-2022, 07:40 AM
I no longer wonder how we ended up with that idiot other than who was behind the election corruption. With all that's coming to light recently it points to the WEF putting him in power and is using him to push more worldwide crises to help with the Great Reset. Biden even confirmed that is the goal ... to create a global reset.We ended up with the idiot because the left mobilized to vote and the half of the right that hates him mobilized to not vote. That has happened time and again regardless any systemic voting irregularities; which, also have always been part of voting. Regardless, we are stuck with hm.

IMO, there's plenty of embarrassment/shame to go all the way around the World, not just Biden. We have been startled by his mediocre response, but in actuality, the US's position is actually another player on the team, not the coach. Arrogance and bullying have left us accustomed to the latter.

Read a unique perspective, Unique because I've only seen one person "say it out loud". Not an American. A Brit in one of those academic war think tanks. It definitely doesn't change my opinion of the vacillating. doddering old fool, but does add some perspective.

Joe Biden actually stated what most of us are thinking. In the big scheme of things, Putin has to go. Unless someone has an idea where he fits in with the rest of the World. This isn't Putin's first rodeo. Georgia is partitioned by the UN from his doing the exact same thing. Crimea/Donbas. "Next time", appears very much to be splitting Ukraine in two, including control of the coast. Who's next?

Meanwhile, NATO sits quivering behind its threat of a red line refusing to suck it up, get on with it, and what we all know needs to be done. It's all about fear and selfishness and has "Freedom is not worth dying for" stamped all over it. As long as that mindset prevails, the Putin's in this World will get their way.

fj1200
03-29-2022, 12:20 PM
... the WEF...

Just no.

SassyLady
03-30-2022, 03:25 AM
Just no.
Pretty sure they did.

fj1200
03-30-2022, 07:52 AM
Pretty sure they did.

The black vote saved biden in SC and then he just had to coast through the remainder of the primaries saying, "I'm not one of those crazy leftists," and then coast through the general saying, "I'm not that guy." There's no hidden reason why biden is POTUS. It's pretty obvious unless you're just bound and determined to look anywhere but what's so clear.