PDA

View Full Version : Islamic tolerance of others!!!

Nukeman
10-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Heres a great article on the tolerance of Islam with others in the area that...get this.... they move to.

I love how they ask and demand that we repect their beliefs yet they have a total disregard for all of others:poke:..

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=0821a06b-a34d-4e76-aaf9-b3015c1a37bb&k=66020

Mosque says to avoid Western holidays
'Thanksgiving Out'
Stewart Bell, National Post
Published: Wednesday, October 03, 2007
TORONTO - A Toronto mosque is telling Muslims not to say "Happy Thanksgiving" or invite friends into their homes for turkey dinner on the holiday weekend.

The Khalid Bin Al-Walid Mosque says to "avoid participating" in dinners, parties or greetings on Thanksgiving because it is a kuffaar, or non-Muslim, celebration.

A two-part article on the mosque Web site says Muslims should also "stay completely away" from "Halloween trick-and treat nonsense," Christmas, New Year's, anniversaries, birthdays and Earth Day.

Email to a friend

Printer friendly
Font:****"How can we bring ourselves to congratulate or wish people well for their disobedience to Allah? Thus expressions such as:Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday, Happy New Year, etc, are completely out," it says.

In 2003, the Khalid mosque, which mainly serves the Toronto Somali-Canadian community, apologized for a newsletter that compared wishing someone a Merry Christmas to congratulating a murderer.

At the time, a junior employee was blamed for the slight, but the mosque's Web site has since posted similar edicts covering not only Christmas but also virtually every other Western celebration.

Muslims who participate in the holidays are termed ignorant and hypocritical.

While not all are religious holidays, the Internet site says Muslims are required to be different from non-Muslims "in matters which are representative of them or are characteristic of their identity."

Also banned, it says, are: watching sports or soap operas, walking dogs, family photos, wedding bands, Western hats, mingling and shaking hands with the opposite sex.

"Allah and his messenger have warned us against following or imitating non-Muslims in things which are characteristic of their religion or beliefs. This is more emphasized in the case of their eids [festivals] or occasions, which always hold some religious or ideological non-Islamic meanings, and on which the kuffaar indulge in many evil practices."

diuretic
10-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Don't Jehovah's Witnesses have a similar sort of prohibition?

Nukeman
10-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Don't Jehovah's Witnesses have a similar sort of prohibition?
Maybe I really dont know. They dont have the following that Islam does now do they!!!

diuretic
10-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Maybe I really dont know. They dont have the following that Islam does now do they!!!

True, but so what?

Nukeman
10-04-2007, 08:34 AM
True, but so what?They also dont call for the distruction of others do they now!!

Jehovah's Witnesses pretty much keep to themselves unless they are out spreading thier word. They dont try to force their religion on you or force you to convert or die do they!!!

How can we bring ourselves to congratulate or wish people well for their disobedience to Allah? Thus expressions such as:Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday, Happy New Year, etc, are completely out," it says.I like this part especially. They say you cant even wish someone a happy birthday. Basicly they are saying since you or I aren't Muslim then we aren't to be wished any type of good will since after all we are in disobedience to Allah.

diuretic
10-04-2007, 08:59 AM
They also dont call for the distruction of others do they now!!

So what?

Jehovah's Witnesses pretty much keep to themselves unless they are out spreading thier word. They dont try to force their religion on you or force you to convert or die do they!!!

So what?

I like this part especially. They say you cant even wish someone a happy birthday. Basicly they are saying since you or I aren't Muslim then we aren't to be wished any type of good will since after all we are in disobedience to Allah.

Okay, we're back on track, sort of.

The Khalid Bin Al-Walid Mosque says.... Got it? It's not Islam Central putting out a fatwah here.

And they're not telling us not to wish someone whatever, they're advising their own folks. That was my point about Jehovah's Witnesses. They advise their folks not to celebrate Christmas or Easter (I think) and to go to work on a range of public holidays (again, I think). So what's the difference. I haven't heard anyone going off at Jehovah's Witnesses for their observations.

Nukeman
10-04-2007, 09:29 AM
So what?

So what?

Okay, we're back on track, sort of.

The Khalid Bin Al-Walid Mosque says.... Got it? It's not Islam Central putting out a fatwah here.

And they're not telling us not to wish someone whatever, they're advising their own folks. That was my point about Jehovah's Witnesses. They advise their folks not to celebrate Christmas or Easter (I think) and to go to work on a range of public holidays (again, I think). So what's the difference. I haven't heard anyone going off at Jehovah's Witnesses for their observations.
You know for someone who claims to not follow any religion yoy spen a lot of time defending and deflcting for the Islamic faith.

I understand that this is the "leaders" of the Khalid Bin Al-Walid Mosque stating this, it is not an isolated incident or edict from this one mosque though. This is endemic of the whole religion. Basicly they want to have their cake and eat it to. They want full acceptance/tolerance by the West yet they want to deminish any and all personal and public holidays celebrated in the West (they dont want to be tolerant of our views). You can not expect people to be tolerant of your views and ideals while litteraly shitting on theirs. This is the fundamental problem I have with Islam.

Dont come to other countries and demand we change so you wont be offended and than turn around and offend those you just berated for offending you. No where in our constitution does it state we have the right to not be offended.

diuretic
10-04-2007, 07:18 PM
You know for someone who claims to not follow any religion yoy spen a lot of time defending and deflcting for the Islamic faith.

Nukeman, bereft of much, opens with a classic ad hominem. Diuretic is ready and waiting though, he points out the fallacy....

I understand that this is the "leaders" of the Khalid Bin Al-Walid Mosque stating this, it is not an isolated incident or edict from this one mosque though. This is endemic of the whole religion. Basicly they want to have their cake and eat it to. They want full acceptance/tolerance by the West yet they want to deminish any and all personal and public holidays celebrated in the West (they dont want to be tolerant of our views). You can not expect people to be tolerant of your views and ideals while litteraly shitting on theirs. This is the fundamental problem I have with Islam.

So you say. Got any proof?

Dont come to other countries and demand we change so you wont be offended and than turn around and offend those you just berated for offending you. No where in our constitution does it state we have the right to not be offended.

People will, despite your apparent opposition, exercise their right to free speech. Nowhere in your constitution does it say you have the right not to be offended.

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Islam should stop being treated with kid gloves, you wanna play with the big boys, grow a sack and a spine. Quit whining, and integrate already.

Nobody is saying go fuck 20 hookers and snort cocaine, but stop the we are better then everyone else crap, or get a one way ticket out of our way of life/countries. Cause i wont let you slit my throat and put christians on a prayer rug.

If islam is tolerance, rape is making love

Heres a great article on the tolerance of Islam with others in the area that...get this.... they move to.

I love how they ask and demand that we repect their beliefs yet they have a total disregard for all of others:poke:..

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=0821a06b-a34d-4e76-aaf9-b3015c1a37bb&k=66020

manu1959
10-04-2007, 09:11 PM
If islam is tolerance, rape is making love

well that pretty much sums it up......