PDA

View Full Version : Palin is back

jimnyc
04-02-2022, 10:09 AM
Not sure how I feel about this one, and I will defer to the Alaskan folks. NightTrain

She feels overplayed at this point, been through a lot and back. Doesn't mean she won't do good by Alaska though.

---

Sarah Palin Announces Run for Congress in Alaska

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) announced on Friday that she is running for Congress to fill the vacant seat left by late Rep. Don Young (R-AK).

“Today I’m announcing my candidacy for the U.S. House seat representing Alaska. Public service is a calling, and I would be honored to represent the men and women of Alaska in Congress, just as Rep. Young did for 49 years,” Palin said in a statement.

https://i.imgur.com/B2945UI.png

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/01/sarah-palin-announces-run-for-congress-in-alaska/

NightTrain
04-02-2022, 02:42 PM
Cool, didn't hear about this.

It'll be between her a Nick Begich. I'd prefer Sarah... and she's my neighbor!:thumb:

revelarts
04-02-2022, 02:57 PM
Cool, didn't hear about this.

It'll be between her a Nick Begich. I'd prefer Sarah... and she's my neighbor!:thumb:

Wow Nick Begich!
He's great! why would you prefer Palin to Begich? Other than her begin a neighbor.

NightTrain
04-02-2022, 04:38 PM
Wow Nick Begich!
He's great! why would you prefer Palin to Begich? Other than her begin a neighbor.

Begich is an unknown quantity. His family up here are notorious lib democrats, but he - allegedly - was raised by a different branch of the family down in Florida, IIRC and I don't know much about him. Many people that I know love him and are all in, but I have misgivings about that Begich name. Mark Begich up here is a real dirtbag.

Sarah was Mayor of Wasilla before she ran for Governor and she was awesome. My wife and her clashed and there's a personal dislike going there, but I care more about policies and results more than any other factor.

I know Sarah's solid and will vote my way, and Begich is the devil I don't know.

I was going to support Don Young's opponent in the Primary because he was one of the GOP that passed that ridiculous Trillion+ bullshit bill for Biden. He pissed all of us off with that stunt. I don't care that there was billions for Alaska in it, it was wrong for America... and the fact that a handful of GOP voted for it & got it passed when it was DOA really angered us. There's more important things than pork.

revelarts
04-03-2022, 08:25 AM
I'll have to check into this "Nick Begich" running now.
Many Years ago i listened to several interviews with a "Nick Begich" who was related to the former Alaskan congressman who disappeared in a plane incident.
This Nick Begich is (was?) a scientist and teacher and he was talking about the HAARP tech in Alaska, and mentioned a bit of the shady dealings in Alaskan and national politics he was aware of and suspected.

Came across as a careful thinking and sincere player.
Looking at few campaign pics of the guy running now, I don't think it's the same guy.

Gunny
04-03-2022, 12:42 PM
Not sure how I feel about this one, and I will defer to the Alaskan folks. @NightTrain (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=89)

She feels overplayed at this point, been through a lot and back. Doesn't mean she won't do good by Alaska though.

---

Sarah Palin Announces Run for Congress in Alaska

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) announced on Friday that she is running for Congress to fill the vacant seat left by late Rep. Don Young (R-AK).

“Today I’m announcing my candidacy for the U.S. House seat representing Alaska. Public service is a calling, and I would be honored to represent the men and women of Alaska in Congress, just as Rep. Young did for 49 years,” Palin said in a statement.

https://i.imgur.com/B2945UI.png

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/01/sarah-palin-announces-run-for-congress-in-alaska/Would be an improvement over Murkowski and a dead person :)

I like Palin. Just not for President or VP. I think the Senate would be a good fit for her.

NightTrain
04-03-2022, 03:42 PM
Would be an improvement over Murkowski and a dead person :)

I like Palin. Just not for President or VP. I think the Senate would be a good fit for her.

I'd rather she ran for Murkowski's senate seat. She'd fly right in, but Kelly is already running and I think that's why she didn't go for that. She waited too long.

jimnyc
04-04-2022, 11:06 AM
Many Years ago i listened to several interviews with a "Nick Begich" who was related to the former Alaskan congressman who disappeared in a plane incident.
This Nick Begich is (was?) a scientist and teacher and he was talking about the HAARP tech in Alaska, and mentioned a bit of the shady dealings in Alaskan and national politics he was aware of and suspected.

I looked it up and I guess that was his Dad, never found him and he's been gone since like 1972 I think?

This one is supposed to be like the polar opposite, but never heard of either of them myself.