PDA

View Full Version : Dem Congres at Record Low Approval

red states rule
10-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Well, Pelosi and Reid said they were going to take the US Congress in a new direction, and they have

The Reid and pelosi Congress have a 11% approval rating - a record low in the histroy of polling

Great job guys! Keep up the good work

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1359

DrJohn
10-04-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm not happy with the way Congress is going. It seems to me they haven't kept the promises they made during the election.

What's the administration's approval rating?
Is Bush still setting records for an incumbent president?

Sir Evil
10-04-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm not happy with the way Congress is going. It seems to me they haven't kept the promises they made during the election.

I think so, oh well, most presidents generally have no problems with back to back terms when the approval ratings are so low.:laugh2:

hjmick
10-04-2007, 11:25 AM
From the link:

President George W. Bush and the U.S. Congress registered record-low approval ratings in a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday, and a new monthly index measuring the mood of Americans dipped slightly on deepening worries about the economy.

Only 29 percent of Americans gave Bush a positive grade for his job performance, below his worst Zogby poll mark of 30 percent in March. A paltry 11 percent rated Congress positively, beating the previous low of 14 percent in July.

They both suck.

You know how you can tell a politician is lying to you? His/her lips are moving.

Sir Evil
10-04-2007, 11:29 AM
You know how you can tell a politician is lying to you? His/her lips are moving.

:lol:

Priceless!

Abbey Marie
10-04-2007, 11:32 AM
President George W. Bush and the U.S. Congress registered record-low approval ratings in a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday, and a new monthly index measuring the mood of Americans dipped slightly on deepening worries about the economy.

Only 29 percent of Americans gave Bush a positive grade for his job performance, below his worst Zogby poll mark of 30 percent in March. A paltry 11 percent rated Congress positively, beating the previous low of 14 percent in July.

It looks like GWB is almost 3X as popular as Congress.

truthmatters
10-04-2007, 11:34 AM

I agree with you they deserve their low rating.

They need to represent their constituients wishes if they want a better rating and reelection.

DrJohn
10-04-2007, 11:36 AM
It look like GWB is almost 3X as popular as Congress.

He might be 3X as popular as my MIL but that doesn't mean he's well thought of.

Sir Evil
10-04-2007, 11:39 AM

But then again that would be suggesting a popularity contest, so much more needs to be taken into consideration.

Abbey Marie
10-04-2007, 11:39 AM

Everything's relative. Personally, I'd rather have a 29% approval than 11%. But maybe that's just me.

Sir Evil
10-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Everything's relative. Personally, I'd rather have a 29% approval than 11%. But maybe that's just me.

I approve Abbey, that should bring up the 11% a it. :D

10-04-2007, 02:43 PM
dont really care. they are bad even if people approved of them.

red states rule
10-04-2007, 02:55 PM
It looks like GWB is almost 3X as popular as Congress.

and that must drive the lefties up the wall

retiredman
10-04-2007, 03:56 PM
considering the fact that congress is nearly evenly split between republicans and democrats, and considering the fact that, every single poll for more than a year that has asked voters to give their opinions of democrats in congress and republicans in congress has given the strong edge to democrats, us "lefties" aren't really too bothered by this at all.

I think it is funny how the right avoids all discussions of those differential polls and tries to make "congress" synonymous with "democrats".

Bottom line: if you are suggesting that the voters dislike the democrats in congress, I would suggest the old adage applies about people in glass houses.

However badly the public holds the democrats in congress, poll after poll after poll has shown that they hold the republicans MUCH lower.

MtnBiker
10-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Consider the fact that the democrats are in control of congress, they hold all of the committe chairs and set the agenda.

retiredman
10-04-2007, 04:08 PM
consider the fact that the republicans hold the white house and can and have vetoed bills passed by the democratic controlled congress...

consider the fact that the republicans in the senate can and have filibustered major democratic initiatives

consider the fact that democrats in neither house hold a veto proof majority.

being in control of congress with less than a veto proof majority when the other party controls the white house is hardly a very powerful position, now, isit?

and true to form, you failed to address the differential polls that have shown, consistently, for more than a year that the public thinks MUCH worse of congressional republicans than they do of congressional democrats.

consider that.:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
10-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Consider the fact that this Congress is perceived (correctly so) by people to be Democrat controlled, regardless of veto power.

BoogyMan
10-04-2007, 04:28 PM
consider the fact that the republicans hold the white house and can and have vetoed bills passed by the democratic controlled congress...

consider the fact that the republicans in the senate can and have filibustered major democratic initiatives

being in control of congress with less than a veto proof majority when the other party controls the white house is hardly a very powerful position, now, isit?

and true to form, you failed to address the differential polls that have shown, consistently, for more than a year that the public thinks MUCH worse of congressional republicans than they do of congressional democrats.

But....But....But....

Please man, just realize and get over the fact that the Democrats made huge sweeping promises to get into office that they most likely had no intentions of keeping and now they are paying the price for their deception in the 11% approval rating they now proudly carry.

MtnBiker
10-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Polishing turds

retiredman
10-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Consider the fact that this Congress is perceived (correctly so) by people to be Democrat controlled, regardless of veto power.

did you neglect to address the point that every poll for over a year rates congressional democrats significantly higher than congressional republicans, or were you dodging it on purpose?

retiredman
10-04-2007, 07:34 PM
But....But....But....

Please man, just realize and get over the fact that the Democrats made huge sweeping promises to get into office that they most likely had no intentions of keeping and now they are paying the price for their deception in the 11% approval rating they now proudly carry.

yawn.

congress has a low rating. democrats in congress have a rating that is not that low...republicans in congress have a rating that is lower than the democrats.

Accept this: as long as the democrats are way ahead of the republicans, we really don't give a fuck what the congressional approval rating is. We will will more seats in '08 regardless. The people have figured out what incompetent morons the republicans are....they might think poorly of democrats, but they can't STAND the GOP.

stephanie
10-04-2007, 07:40 PM
:lol:People can dream...

Sir Evil
10-04-2007, 07:46 PM

:laugh2:

that certainly is the general consensus on the one Steph.

retiredman
10-04-2007, 07:56 PM

steph...I am curious. can YOU explain why every single poll that has asked folks to grade congressional democrats versus republicans for well over a year now, have ALL given a significant edge to the democrats?

or are you gonna keep tap dancin'?:dance:

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Americans no longer believe in congress, and democrats can no longer pretend republicans are the only party of corruption.

I smell the hypocrisy.

Corruption is a washington thing, not a liberal/conservative thing.

Always has, always will be.

Well, Pelosi and Reid said they were going to take the US Congress in a new direction, and they have

The Reid and pelosi Congress have a 11% approval rating - a record low in the histroy of polling

Great job guys! Keep up the good work

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1359

DrJohn
10-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Americans no longer believe in congress, and democrats can no longer pretend republicans are the only party of corruption.

I smell the hypocrisy.

Very true.
It seems that 'politics' corrupts.

retiredman
10-04-2007, 08:59 PM

I smell the hypocrisy.

but who the american people think are MORE corrupt is a democrat/republican thing. and the results of THAT poll determines power.

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 09:04 PM
is this the blame republicans for everything hour?

Common maineman democrats have to take responsibility for their short comings, just like bush and every republican in the house and senate and any politician.

And, im sorry but your complaining about filibusters the dems did that with supreme court nominees and i dont remember republicans doing that to ruth I hate america beta ginsberg.

True, bush can veto whatever he wants, but if you get enough votes you can override it.

republicans are abandoing bush, so i dont think bush can veto anything without consequences in the sense, eventually republicans , enough of them could join the dems on an issue.

what does it matter who america thinks is worse.

they think we (republicans and democrats both suck) yeah democrats are in power, but as the elections shows, and now shows. Americans would be more happy with the donkey from shrek in congress, and princess fiona as president then what we have now.

Youre being a bit partisan dont you think?

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 09:05 PM
You are absolutely correct. Americans do vote for the less of two evils

Excellent point maineman.

but who the american people think are MORE corrupt is a democrat/republican thing. and the results of THAT poll determines power.

April15
10-04-2007, 09:12 PM
And why must it be that it is the dems could it not be the republican inaction to capitulate to the wise bills by the dems is the cause?

red states rule
10-05-2007, 05:24 AM
And why must it be that it is the dems could it not be the republican inaction to capitulate to the wise bills by the dems is the cause?

What wise bills?

red states rule
10-05-2007, 05:26 AM

So Dems are not as corrupt? We have another Clinton running for President taking illegal Chi Com money, and even a majority of Dems are worrried about corruption if Hillary is elected

Yes, the Clinton legacy is well known and being seen by all

red states rule
10-05-2007, 08:23 AM
steph...I am curious. can YOU explain why every single poll that has asked folks to grade congressional democrats versus republicans for well over a year now, have ALL given a significant edge to the democrats?

or are you gonna keep tap dancin'?:dance:

Here is still another poll - Dems still stink with the voters

Poll: Congress, Bush Approval Ratings Lowest Ever
Thursday, October 04, 2007

WASHINGTON — Public approval for President Bush and Congress has sunk to the lowest levels ever recorded in The Associated Press-Ipsos poll.

Only 31 percent said they approve of the job Bush is doing, according to the survey released on Thursday. His lowest previous approval in the survey was 32 percent — a virtual tie with the new reading — recorded several times, most recently in June.

Only 69 percent of Republicans voiced approval of Bush, about where he has been in recent months but still an anemic showing for a president within his own party. That included only 29 percent from the GOP who said they strongly approve of the job he is doing.

Underlining the widespread political polarization sparked by the Iraq war and other issues, just 7 percent of Democrats and 19 percent of independents gave positive marks to Bush's work.

With the war dragging on and fears of recession at home, the poll showed public discontent with Bush on issues across the board.

A record low 34 percent said they approved of his handling of the economy, which has been battered by a major credit crunch and a feeble housing market. His prior low in the poll in that area was 37 percent.

Congress's job performance was approved by just 22 percent, continuing a steady decline in the public's assessment since Democrats took over in January. Unable to force Bush to wind down the Iraq war, just a quarter of Democrats gave a thumbs-up to Congress' work, compared to a fifth of Republicans and independents.

Congress' lowest approval reading in the poll had been 24 percent, recorded most recently in July.

AP-Ipsos polling began in December 2003.

President Truman's approval ratings of 23 percent in both 1951 and 1952 were the lowest ever recorded by the Gallup Poll. Congress' Gallup Poll low was 18 percent in 1992.

The AP-Ipsos poll was conducted from Oct. 1-3 and involved telephone interviews with 1,005 adults. It had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299497,00.html

retiredman
10-05-2007, 08:27 AM
spam spam spam....yet another time when RSR refuses to discuss those polls that ask the voter to distinguish between the performance of congressional democrats and congressional republicans.

keep runnin':laugh2:

red states rule
10-05-2007, 08:28 AM
spam spam spam....yet another time when RSR refuses to discuss those polls that ask the voter to distinguish between the performance of congressional democrats and congressional republicans.

Facts, facts, facts. MM can't stand to see how his beloved Dems are tanking and failing to follow thru on all theri promises they made to get elected

retiredman
10-05-2007, 08:30 AM
and I gotta say that you must be getting really desperate for new spam to post in your avoidance dash when you have to resort to this sort of stuff:

Only 31 percent said they approve of the job Bush is doing, according to the survey released on Thursday. His lowest previous approval in the survey was 32 percent — a virtual tie with the new reading — recorded several times, most recently in June.

Only 69 percent of Republicans voiced approval of Bush, about where he has been in recent months but still an anemic showing for a president within his own party. That included only 29 percent from the GOP who said they strongly approve of the job he is doing.

Underlining the widespread political polarization sparked by the Iraq war and other issues, just 7 percent of Democrats and 19 percent of independents gave positive marks to Bush's work.

With the war dragging on and fears of recession at home, the poll showed public discontent with Bush on issues across the board.

A record low 34 percent said they approved of his handling of the economy, which has been battered by a major credit crunch and a feeble housing market. His prior low in the poll in that area was 37 percent.

:laugh2::laugh2:

retiredman
10-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Facts, facts, facts. MM can't stand to see how his beloved Dems are tanking and failing to follow thru on all theri promises they made to get elected

you are the one who has continually refused to discuss the facts contained in polls showing congressional democrats with significantly higher approval ratings than congressional republicans.

red states rule
10-05-2007, 08:32 AM
and I gotta say that you must be getting really desperate for new spam to post in your avoidance dash when you have to resort to this sort of stuff:

and given todays freat economic news, and the continuing postive news from Iraq - Dems will be even more desperate to find something to whine about

red states rule
10-05-2007, 08:32 AM
you are the one who has continually refused to discuss the facts contained in polls showing congressional democrats with significantly higher approval ratings than congressional republicans.

Dems are in charge, the run the committiees, they decide what bills are voted on - yet you blame republicans for their long list of failures

Very telling and very liberal of you

retiredman
10-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I am not "blaming" at all. I am merely stating a few facts:

1. in every single poll taken since before the 2006 election where americans were asked to differentiate between the performance of congressional democrats versus congressional republicans, the public has given the democrats significantly higher marks.... and that continues right up until last week.

and...

2. you keep refusing to acknowledge that or to discuss what that might mean

red states rule
10-05-2007, 08:42 AM

1. in every single poll taken since before the 2006 election where americans were asked to differentiate between the performance of congressional democrats versus congressional republicans, the public has given the democrats significantly higher marks.... and that continues right up until last week.

and...

Elected Dems have such a great way to charm the voters and show how they really want to make America a better place

Eample #1

Debbie Lee and Deborah Johns stopped by Sen. Hary Reid’s Senate office Friday, but the senator refused to come out of his office to meet the women.

Lee carried a picture of her son, the first Navy Seal to give his life in Iraq. Both she and Johns carried a message to Reid: Support U.S. troops and allow them to win the war in Iraq before coming home.

Johns son has served three tours in Iraq and has signed up for a fourth.

The two Debs were with a few people representing Move America Forward, the largest nonprofit, pro-troops organization in the country.
Chairman Melanie Morgan and Vice Chairman Buzz Patterson were disappointed and frustrated that Reid would not come out of hiding. Instead, he sent out a spokesman who said Reid does support the troops and he wants the home.

Reid has a strange way of showing his support. He has said they are losers - that U.S. troops have already lost in Iraq.

Then he refused to condemn a vile advertisement a radical leftwing group published in the New York Times calling their Iraqi commander, Gen. David Petraeus, a betrayer.

If that’s showing support, I wonder what Reid would do if he didn’t support our troops!

FOX News filmed the discussion among the military mothers, Morgan, Patterson and Reid’s aide.

http://wwwwakeupamericans-spree.blogspot.com/2007/09/sen-harry-reid-refuses-to-meet-with.html

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 08:55 AM

and...

Hi Homo, exactly who was polled in this be all to end all, truth beyond dispute, fact finding mission? Is that really a dependable look at anything? Polls are dandy for those fantasy leaguers but in the end they hardly are worth anything supportive to an outcome.
Let's take a poll here to see who gets significantly higher marks, shall we? lol, it's a waste of time as it proves zilch..

red states rule
10-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi Homo, exactly who was polled in this be all to end all, truth beyond dispute, fact finding mission? Is that really a dependable look at anything? Polls are dandy for those fantasy leaguers but in the end they hardly are worth anything supportive to an outcome.
Let's take a poll here to see who gets significantly higher marks, shall we? lol, it's a waste of time as it proves zilch..

To MM and others libs - the Dems failures are all Bush's fault and the Republicans in Congress for not rolling over to Reid and Pelosi

retiredman
10-05-2007, 09:14 AM

and...

and proving my point once again, RSR responds with:

Elected Dems have such a great way to charm the voters and show how they really want to make America a better place

Eample #1

Debbie Lee and Deborah Johns stopped by Sen. Hary Reid’s Senate office Friday, but the senator refused to come out of his office to meet the women.

Lee carried a picture of her son, the first Navy Seal to give his life in Iraq. Both she and Johns carried a message to Reid: Support U.S. troops and allow them to win the war in Iraq before coming home.

Johns son has served three tours in Iraq and has signed up for a fourth.

The two Debs were with a few people representing Move America Forward, the largest nonprofit, pro-troops organization in the country.
Chairman Melanie Morgan and Vice Chairman Buzz Patterson were disappointed and frustrated that Reid would not come out of hiding. Instead, he sent out a spokesman who said Reid does support the troops and he wants the home.

Reid has a strange way of showing his support. He has said they are losers - that U.S. troops have already lost in Iraq.

Then he refused to condemn a vile advertisement a radical leftwing group published in the New York Times calling their Iraqi commander, Gen. David Petraeus, a betrayer.

If that’s showing support, I wonder what Reid would do if he didn’t support our troops!

FOX News filmed the discussion among the military mothers, Morgan, Patterson and Reid’s aide.

http://wwwwakeupamericans-spree.blogspot.com/2007/09/sen-harry-reid-refuses-to-meet-with.html

red states rule
10-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Sorry if the facts about why the DFems are tanking gets under your skin

OK, I am not sorry :laugh2:

retiredman
10-05-2007, 09:21 AM
nothing is getting under my skin. I love to sit here and watch you run away from stuff that doesn't fit with your rush talking points.

Like I said earlier.... I state two facts:

and...

2. you keep refusing to acknowledge that or to discuss what that might mean.

are you denying the factual nature of both of those statements? :laugh2:

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Sorry if the facts about why the DFems are tanking gets under your skin

OK, I am not sorry :laugh2:

That tends to happen when fact & polls/stats are confused as meaning the same thing. It's just a tactical talking point that always backfires when faced with reality.

red states rule
10-05-2007, 09:23 AM
That tends to happen when fact & polls/stats are confused as meaning the same thing. It's just a tactical talking point that always backfires when faced with reality.

Libs like MM were giddy when they took over Congress - now they are pissed their eleced leaders have accomplished NOTHING and do not want to answer for it

The voters are pissed and with the prospect of Hillary leading their ticket into 08 it will not get any better for the left

retiredman
10-05-2007, 09:25 AM

so you are suggesting that public opinion polling undertaken by Fox, Harris, Gallup, Rasmussen, WSJ, WP, ABC, CBS et cetera has no basis in reality?

retiredman
10-05-2007, 09:26 AM
nothing is getting under my skin. I love to sit here and watch you run away from stuff that doesn't fit with your rush talking points.

Like I said earlier.... I state two facts:

and...

2. you keep refusing to acknowledge that or to discuss what that might mean.

are you denying the factual nature of both of those statements? :laugh2:

keep runnin'

red states rule
10-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Facts to MM is like Holy Water to the Devil. He makes him go over the deep end and break out into his rants blaming everyone except his beloved Dems

retiredman
10-05-2007, 09:29 AM
I posted two facts. the first is a matter of record...and you keep proving the second one in this very thread!:laugh2:

jimnyc
10-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Facts, yes, and a fact that the polls supporting both sides are useless. You guys can continue to believe polls that sample .00001% of the nation, I'll stick to reality.

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
so you are suggesting that public opinion polling undertaken by Fox, Harris, Gallup, Rasmussen, WSJ, WP, ABC, CBS et cetera has no basis in reality?

Absolutely none at all. Again who was polled? for instance All polls suggested the Chicago Bears would be division leaders, and best chance to advance to the super bowl once again, facts say they have won one game this season. Polls Suggest the San Diego Chargers will top their respective divison once again, fact is they have only won one game.

Polls suggest that those that used these same polls suggested Bush would not gain a second term, Fact remains the polls were wrong.

Polls suggest nothing of reality, fact is that they are a tool used for analysis, fact is this tool is often used by other tools who use it as factual debating.

retiredman
10-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Facts, yes, and a fact that the polls supporting both sides are useless. You guys can continue to believe polls that sample .00001% of the nation, I'll stick to reality.

so you do not believe in the science of polling and the determination of margin of error.

what about evolution?

what about the theory that the earth rotates around the sun?

retiredman
10-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Absolutely none at all. Again who was polled? for instance All polls suggested the Chicago Bears would be division leaders, and best chance to advance to the super bowl once again, facts say they have won one game this season. Polls Suggest the San Diego Chargers will top their respective divison once again, fact is they have only one one game.

Polls suggest that those that used these same polls suggested Bush would not gain a second term, Fact remains the polls were wrong.

Polls suggest nothing of reality, fact is that they are a tool used for analysis, fact is this tool is often used by other tools who use it as factual debating.

well then, we'll have to agree to disagree, albeit absent any respect.

jimnyc
10-05-2007, 09:36 AM
so you do not believe in the science of polling and the determination of margin of error.

what about evolution?

what about the theory that the earth rotates around the sun?

No, I think it's pure horse crap. There is no way you can get a proper analysis from such a tiny sampling. And 99/100 of them that speak of "margin of error" are speaking of the margin of error in their report of the sampling of 1000 they did.

But you rest everything on "theories" if you wish. Again, I'll stick to pure hard facts.

retiredman
10-05-2007, 09:38 AM

and jim...the ONLY reason I bring up the differential polling is because RSR continues to post polls about how the democratic congress is tanking. he loves to talk about those polls as if they are polls concerning the performance of democrats in congress and not the performance of congress as a whole....but when asked to discuss or explain why democrats have continually scored higher than republicans, he is absolutely incapable of even mounting any sort of intelligent rebuttal. all he does is post more of HIS polls and continues to attribute congress's low ratings solely to democrats.

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 09:39 AM
well then, we'll have to agree to disagree, albeit absent any respect.

Well alrighty then, but I understand there still many opening in the fantasy leagues. :D

jimnyc
10-05-2007, 09:40 AM
and jim...the ONLY reason I bring up the differential polling is because RSR continues to post polls about how the democratic congress is tanking. he loves to talk about those polls as if they are polls concerning the performance of democrats in congress and not the performance of congress as a whole....but when asked to discuss or explain why democrats have continually scored higher than republicans, he is absolutely incapable of even mounting any sort of intelligent rebuttal. all he does is post more of HIS polls and continues to attribute congress's low ratings solely to democrats.

Like I said, I think ALL the polls are crap, whether it makes Dems or Repubs look bad or good. They're mainly just a way for people to enhance their side of a debate but extremely rarely actually show the entire picture.

retiredman
10-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Like I said, I think ALL the polls are crap, whether it makes Dems or Repubs look bad or good. They're mainly just a way for people to enhance their side of a debate but extremely rarely actually show the entire picture.

that is certainly a valid opinion...but that is not my point. my point is the intellectual dishonesty and cowardice of RSR who spams the board with polls and then refuses to even acknowledge other information.

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 09:46 AM
that is certainly a valid opinion...but that is not my point. my point is the intellectual dishonesty and cowardice of RSR who spams the board with polls and then refuses to even acknowledge other information.

:laugh2:.....:laugh2::laugh2:..................... ...:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

BoogyMan
10-05-2007, 09:47 AM
yawn.

congress has a low rating. democrats in congress have a rating that is not that low...republicans in congress have a rating that is lower than the democrats.

Accept this: as long as the democrats are way ahead of the republicans, we really don't give a fuck what the congressional approval rating is. We will will more seats in '08 regardless. The people have figured out what incompetent morons the republicans are....they might think poorly of democrats, but they can't STAND the GOP.

I love it when you post with profanity mfm, it enhances that image of religion you like to feign.

Who is in control of congress now mfm? Who? Say it loudly enough to be heard now. Who? Oh yeah, the Democrats are in control of congress. Pelosi and Reid et al, the three ring wonders who were going to sweep into congress and clean the place up. The only problem is they cant see the dirt because it is on them as well.

Your ship sank in the dock mfm.

retiredman
10-05-2007, 10:15 AM
man...you guys just keep tossing apples when you really don't want to talk about oranges.

fact: congress has low poll numbers. not disputed by you or me

fact: democrats are in control of congress. not disputed by you or me

fact: in every single poll taken by hosts of different highly respected public opinion polling organizations for more than a year now, when asked to compare their views of democrats in congress versus republicans in congress, the people always give democrats much higher ratings. not disputed by me...but avoided by YOU like a vampire avoids garlic mirrors and crosses.:laugh2:

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 10:18 AM
man...you guys just keep tossing apples when you really don't want to talk about oranges.

fact: in every single poll taken by hosts of different highly respected public opinion polling organizations for more than a year now, when asked to compare their views of democrats in congress versus republicans in congress, the people always give democrats much higher ratings. not disputed by me...but avoided by YOU like a vampire avoids garlic mirrors and crosses.:laugh2:

Fact: we like apples better

Fact: democrats control = zilch like your debating skills

Fact: you are a tool!

Fact: we know you like to use a poll as a tool... Not Fact: How you use that pole....

retiredman
10-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Fact: we like apples better

Fact: democrats control = zilch like your debating skills

Fact: you are a tool!

Fact: we know you like to use a poll as a tool... Not Fact: How you use that pole....

did you escape from the kid's table?:laugh2:

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 10:28 AM
did you escape from the kid's table?:laugh2:

Everyday, and enjoy it too. :D

But this kid does'nt confuse fact with polls so how you like them apples now?

retiredman
10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Everyday, and enjoy it too. :D

But this kid does'nt confuse fact with polls so how you like them apples now?

polls are facts.... they may or not be accurate. my only point in mentioning polls in this thread was to highlight how RSR loves to post poll results, but runs away and hides and avoids like the plague any discussion of differential polling. It's funny. I love watching him run away. are you going to join him?:laugh2:

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 10:49 AM
polls are facts.... they may or not be accurate. my only point in mentioning polls in this thread was to highlight how RSR loves to post poll results, but runs away and hides and avoids like the plague any discussion of differential polling. It's funny. I love watching him run away. are you going to join him?:laugh2:

What a dumb orange, polls are facts? :laugh2:

they may or may not be accurate, yet they are facts...:laugh2:

Me run?.....:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

red states rule
10-05-2007, 10:59 AM
What a dumb orange, polls are facts? :laugh2:

they may or may not be accurate, yet they are facts...:laugh2:

Me run?.....:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

MM posts should carry a warning rating

Abbey Marie
10-05-2007, 11:11 AM

This statement so fits another poster to a "t" it is almost, to quote a Seinfeld episode, breathtaking. One who you would be decrying if you were honest and less partisan about it.

retiredman
10-05-2007, 01:02 PM
This statement so fits another poster to a "t" it is almost, to quote a Seinfeld episode, breathtaking. One who you would be decrying if you were honest and less partisan about it.

well gosh,when I see the conservatives on here waiting in line to decry the tactics of RSR, I will have my breath taken away, that is for sure!

In fact, I hardly read the posts of many of the liberal posters on here. I suppose you never read RSR????:poke:

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 01:04 PM
well gosh,when I see the conservatives on here waiting in line to decry the tactics of RSR, I will have my breath taken away, that is for sure!

In fact, I hardly read the posts of many of the liberal posters on here. I suppose you never read RSR????:poke:

Bottom Line, Polls Are Not Fact!

Quick lesson in facts:

Apples come in all shades of reds, greens, yellows....Not blue.

Apple blossom is the state flower of Michigan....Not Maine.

Apples are a great source of the fiber

It's painfully obvious to anyone who reads what you post that the fiber is lacking.

The poll says..........Have an apple!

retiredman
10-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Bottom Line, Polls Are Not Fact!

Quick lesson in facts:

Apples come in all shades of reds, greens, yellows....Not blue.

Apple blossom is the state flower of Michigan....Not Maine.

Apples are a great source of the fiber

It's painfully obvious to anyone who reads what you post that the fiber is lacking.

The poll says..........Have an apple!

excuse me....was I talking to you? :lol:

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 01:09 PM
excuse me....was I talking to you? :lol:

Fact says...NO

Awesome rebuttal of your facts....

red states rule
10-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Fact says...NO

Awesome rebuttal of your facts....

Don't tell us you actually expect more from him. That is about as good as he can get

Sir Evil
10-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Don't tell us you actually expect more from him. That is about as good as he can get

Hmmm, must have something to do with the love for watching us runaway...:laugh2:

red states rule
10-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Hmmm, must have something to do with the love for watching us runaway...:laugh2:

Or he trying in vain to find an Air America radio station for updated talking points

TheStripey1
10-05-2007, 01:55 PM

The dems in congress can't do anything because they just don't have the votes, Doc... It takes 60 to get bills to the floor and 67 to override bush's vetoes...

The dems ONLY have 51 on a good day... now, to the mathematically challenged folks like RSR, that doesn't mean anything, but to rational thinkers like you and me, it does.

In order for anything positive to be done about ending the war in Iraq, some republican senators are going to have to find their conscience and vote WITH the democrats.

IMO, it's the republicans fault that nothing is being done. Not the democrats.

red states rule
10-05-2007, 06:46 PM
The dems in congress can't do anything because they just don't have the votes, Doc... It takes 60 to get bills to the floor and 67 to override bush's vetoes...

The dems ONLY have 51 on a good day... now, to the mathematically challenged folks like RSR, that doesn't mean anything, but to rational thinkers like you and me, it does.

In order for anything positive to be done about ending the war in Iraq, some republican senators are going to have to find their conscience and vote WITH the democrats.

Need a crying towel? The Dems made all kinds of promises to get elected, they broke them and/or ignored them, they have accomplished nothing - and you expect the voters to believe it's the Republicans fault?

Abbey Marie
10-05-2007, 08:48 PM
I think it goes beyond the dissatisfaction with any the failure to push through legislation. It's also the continual Dem whining, the focusing on partisan investigations that aren't necessary, the travelling to meet with foreign leaders without authority to do so. Etc.

red states rule
10-05-2007, 08:53 PM
I think it goes beyond the dissatisfaction with any the failure to push through legislation. It's also the continual Dem whining, the focusing on partisan investigations that aren't necessary, the travelling to met with foreign leaders without authority to do so. Etc.

also increased spending, increasing taxes, and doing everything in their power to undermine the troops and the President in time of war

April15
10-05-2007, 10:01 PM
What wise bills?Any bill that is not republican in origin. Anything that puts the country back on track to be leaders and honorable again.

red states rule
10-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Any bill that is not republican in origin. Anything that puts the country back on track to be leaders and honorable again.

So you support higher taxes for ALL wage earners, government run health care, surrender and appeasement to terrorists, and in state tuition for illegals?

April15
10-05-2007, 10:15 PM
So you support higher taxes for ALL wage earners, government run health care, surrender and appeasement to terrorists, and in state tuition for illegals?As opposed to what we have now? Fuck yes. The wage earner won't be paying it will be corporations. Health care for all will be cheaper than it is now. You will still be able to buy your way to the front of the line so don't get your tampon twisted. As for terrorism it is George Wrong Bush that is brining it to the world. To surrender in a conflict means you must be a viable part of it. We are just agitators in Iraq. How is leaving surrender?

red states rule
10-05-2007, 10:18 PM
As opposed to what we have now? Fuck yes. The wage earner won't be paying it will be corporations. Health care for all will be cheaper than it is now. You will still be able to buy your way to the front of the line so don't get your tampon twisted. As for terrorism it is George Wrong Bush that is brining it to the world. To surrender in a conflict means you must be a viable part of it. We are just agitators in Iraq. How is leaving surrender?

First, corporations do not pay taxes, thier customers do. All costs of doing business are figured into their prices. If you raise taxes on the company they will pass iton to you with higher prices

If they do not do that, they will lay off workers or move to a cheaper place

Little Adolf from Iran said he was encouraged by the 06 election - that should make you feel better. Right?

Dems want to take back all the tax cuts so a retired couple making $40,00 will pay about $1100 in more taxes to the Feds. Is that what you libs call compassion for the seniors?

manu1959
10-05-2007, 10:24 PM
As opposed to what we have now? Fuck yes. The wage earner won't be paying it will be corporations. Health care for all will be cheaper than it is now. You will still be able to buy your way to the front of the line so don't get your tampon twisted. As for terrorism it is George Wrong Bush that is brining it to the world. To surrender in a conflict means you must be a viable part of it. We are just agitators in Iraq. How is leaving surrender?

corporations don't pay taxes.....corporations make profits...profits are disbursed to the share holders or the corporate officers...they pay the taxes....

red states rule
10-05-2007, 10:28 PM
corporations don't pay taxes.....corporations make profits...profits are disbursed to the share holders or the corporate officers...they pay the taxes....

The customers of the corportations may most of the income taxes

In other words, WE pay the taxes

manu1959
10-05-2007, 10:33 PM
The customers of the corportations may most of the income taxes

In other words, WE pay the taxes

not on the profits.....and you pay them multiple times....it is all passed through......

red states rule
10-05-2007, 10:36 PM
not on the profits.....and you pay them multiple times....it is all passed through......

Either way you look at it, libs will taxing US and not the corportations

manu1959
10-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Either way you look at it, libs will taxing US and not the corportations

doesn't matter they want to punish big business.....even if they have to pay for it......

PostmodernProphet
10-06-2007, 06:42 AM

this ignores the fact that if the Democrats would only try to do intelligent things, they would get lots of Republican support......

10-06-2007, 07:13 AM

Is this how you lead a country? Blame others rather than make things get done.

See if Republicans fail to get things done, thats not surprising. We believe the strength of our party is in the people, not the politicians who tend to be stupid sometimes.

Democrats on the other hand vote for what they call "The best and the brightest." We are continually told that Democrat voters cant handle any problems in life if Democrats in Government dont help them. Failure for Democrat "leaders" to get things done to a Democrat meants America fails to get things done.

May I suggest you guys actually propose something that can be considered a good idea instead of trying to stall defense spending, pretend 18-25 year olds are children, and attacking private citizens for comments they dont say?

red states rule
10-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Is this how you lead a country? Blame others rather than make things get done.

See if Republicans fail to get things done, thats not surprising. We believe the strength of our party is in the people, not the politicians who tend to be stupid sometimes.

Democrats on the other hand vote for what they call "The best and the brightest." We are continually told that Democrat voters cant handle any problems in life if Democrats in Government dont help them. Failure for Democrat "leaders" to get things done to a Democrat meants America fails to get things done.

May I suggest you guys actually propose something that can be considered a good idea instead of trying to stall defense spending, pretend 18-25 year olds are children, and attacking private citizens for comments they dont say?

I have yet to see an elected Dems or one of their talking heads, ever fess up they failed at something. It is always someone elses fault when they fail to deliver on what they promise to the voters

April15
10-06-2007, 12:55 PM
First, corporations do not pay taxes, thier customers do. All costs of doing business are figured into their prices. If you raise taxes on the company they will pass iton to you with higher prices

If they do not do that, they will lay off workers or move to a cheaper place

Little Adolf from Iran said he was encouraged by the 06 election - that should make you feel better. Right?

Dems want to take back all the tax cuts so a retired couple making $40,00 will pay about $1100 in more taxes to the Feds. Is that what you libs call compassion for the seniors?

Corporations pay tax on profits. With the dems in power they paid 50% or better in the 50's but by the late 70's the lobbiests got the rate down to around 35%. The comes RR and pays off the the corporate world with a giant reduction by ACRS and MACRS then uses other tactics to reduce their burden by shifting it to the middle class and poor by taxing earnings on savings and dividends. This is the beginning of the reduction of savings accounts by many people. Not to mention the elimination of all interest paid as a deduction except mortgage. That means people pay more tax not corporations.
People loose and corps profit.

red states rule
10-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Corporations pay tax on profits. With the dems in power they paid 50% or better in the 50's but by the late 70's the lobbiests got the rate down to around 35%. The comes RR and pays off the the corporate world with a giant reduction by ACRS and MACRS then uses other tactics to reduce their burden by shifting it to the middle class and poor by taxing earnings on savings and dividends. This is the beginning of the reduction of savings accounts by many people. Not to mention the elimination of all interest paid as a deduction except mortgage. That means people pay more tax not corporations.
People loose and corps profit.

Once agin you fail to grasp basic economics. The cost of doing business (which includes taxes) is figured into the prcice of a cmpanies goods and services

Look at your bills and you will see all the taxes are passed onto you - the companies income tax is figured into the price of what you buy

So when you libs raise corporate taxes, the adsded cost is passed onto the consumer

April15
10-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Once agin you fail to grasp basic economics. The cost of doing business (which includes taxes) is figured into the prcice of a cmpanies goods and services

Look at your bills and you will see all the taxes are passed onto you - the companies income tax is figured into the price of what you buy

So when you libs raise corporate taxes, the adsded cost is passed onto the consumerTo do that is a violation of the tax code. Taxes are on net profit not gross. The expected tax burden may be added into the cost of a product like workers benefits are but are not as such. The value must be written as profit then taxed.
The free market is supposed to keep cost down but when monopolies exist that doesn't occur as is the case now in America where conspiring to price fix is overlooked.
In any event the investor makes money off the sweat of the worker. But without the worker the investor has nothing.

red states rule
10-08-2007, 07:11 AM
To do that is a violation of the tax code. Taxes are on net profit not gross. The expected tax burden may be added into the cost of a product like workers benefits are but are not as such. The value must be written as profit then taxed.
The free market is supposed to keep cost down but when monopolies exist that doesn't occur as is the case now in America where conspiring to price fix is overlooked.
In any event the investor makes money off the sweat of the worker. But without the worker the investor has nothing.

Yes, libs think government causes prosperity and corporations causes worker oppression

red states rule
10-13-2007, 09:06 AM

Sorry to be the bearer of good news

snip

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) gets positive marks from only 29 percent, while 57 percent hold negative views, according to the Harris Poll, which surveyed 1,003 U.S. adults by telephone from Oct. 5-8. Harris Poll declines to release a figure for its margin of error.

The poll squares with other recent surveys of Bush’s low approval ratings as he approaches his final years in office, beset by voter angst about the Iraq war, a weak housing market and other concerns.

Analyst Charlie Cook of the Cook Political Report says the poll suggests that while approval ratings for Democrats are low, Republicans are still considered the bottom feeders in Congress.

“What this means is that Congress has low job approval ratings. Democrats are pathetic, and Republicans are even worse,” Cook said.

Most polls show the president’s current approval ratings hovering near 30 percent.

According to Cook, this poll showcases the very harshest edge of public opinion.

As for Pelosi’s approval rating, Cook said that most poll respondents are probably lumping her in with their less than satisfactory views of the government in general.

“I don’t think anywhere near that percentage has a clue who Nancy Pelosi is,” he said.

The relatively negative view of Pelosi, the first Democratic House speaker in a dozen years, comes not only amid expected criticism from Republicans about her party’s ideology, but also from elements of the left who have been highly critical of what they deem insufficient efforts to end the Iraq war, including cutting off funding for military efforts there.

Of course, Pelosi is not the only congressional leader lacking public support.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1007/6309.html