PDA

View Full Version : "The galling cynicism of CBS News hiring Mick Mulvaney"

BoogyMan
04-03-2022, 01:36 PM
My disdain for the media is well known and this is just another example of why. This methane breathing lowlife cannot fathom a reason in our society why Mick Mulvaney would ever be allowed to work again much less work for a "news" agency like CBS. The dripping disdain for the right that comes from her words is sickening. Sorry for linking to WAPO, but they found her so prescient they didn't even put up the paywall.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2022/04/03/cbs-mulvaney-access-journalism/?pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9. eyJzdWJpZCI6IjIyNzQyMTIiLCJyZWFzb24iOiJnaWZ0Iiwibm JmIjoxNjQ4OTg4MDYyLCJpc3MiOiJzdWJzY3JpcHRpb25zIiwi ZXhwIjoxNjUwMTk3NjYyLCJpYXQiOjE2NDg5ODgwNjIsImp0aS I6IjFiM2NkNjZmLTY1NjktNGUyOC05NmEyLWY4NDA1MTBmNTQ4 YiIsInVybCI6Imh0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lndhc2hpbmd0b25wb3N0Lm NvbS9tZWRpYS8yMDIyLzA0LzAzL2Nicy1tdWx2YW5leS1hY2Nl c3Mtam91cm5hbGlzbS8ifQ.ovjQ7QATgxkut_jWsMlnKiD_C4d fwzHCwFDgYAJ_jyQ

When word came the other day that a former top Trump aide, Mick Mulvaney, was joining CBS News as a paid pundit, the move was met with a fair amount of disgust — both inside and outside the network.Why hire this partisan, the White House acting chief of staff for a time, who had such an execrable record of enabling his boss’s corruption and reinforcing his lies? What journalistic purpose could this possibly serve?

It was hard to understand until my colleague Jeremy Barr got hold of a recording of a CBS staff meeting that answered the question (https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2022/03/30/cbs-mulvaney-backlash/?itid=lk_inline_manual_5).

“If you look at some of the people that we’ve been hiring on a contributor basis, being able to make sure that we are getting access to both sides of the aisle is a priority, because we know the Republicans are going to take over, most likely, in the midterms,” Neeraj Khemlani, the news division’s co-president, told the staff of the network’s morning show....