View Full Version : Malaki says blackwater must go

truthmatters
10-04-2007, 09:31 AM
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jzixVUdWc9apDuVidRdsSfKyMsOg

Now what happens?

Nukeman
10-04-2007, 09:37 AM

Now what happens?Welll gee lets think about this (I know thats hard for you sometimes)..........

If they say they should go than they will go. the Iraqi's and other diplomats will have to hire other security personel wont they!!!

Dilloduck
10-04-2007, 09:39 AM

Now what happens?

uh---we wait until the investigations are completed ?

truthmatters
10-04-2007, 09:47 AM
You guys are aware that the Bush admin just signed a big new contract with BW days after the massacre?

It seems Maliki is not really the leader of his country.

Sir Evil
10-04-2007, 09:50 AM
You guys are aware that the Bush admin just signed a big new contract with BW days after the massacre?

Oh my, could it be another story of corruption by this admin?

would you like another chocolate Jenny?

Dilloduck
10-04-2007, 09:52 AM

It seems like you are making allegations that you cant' substantiate--again. Let it play out, for god sakes.

jimnyc
10-04-2007, 09:52 AM

So? What does their contract have to do with anything? It's a contract, that's it. I'm sure their are provisions in there in case they aren't able to fullfill their end, they don't get paid.

Why, because BW hasn't been forced to be removed instantly? How about wait until the investigation is completed, all facts reviewed, they have meetings with the Iraqi leaders, THEN they determine the most appropriate direction to go in.

truthmatters
10-04-2007, 09:55 AM
So? What does their contract have to do with anything? It's a contract, that's it. I'm sure their are provisions in there in case they aren't able to fullfill their end, they don't get paid.

Why are you sure?

Why, because BW hasn't been forced to be removed instantly? How about wait until the investigation is completed, all facts reviewed, they have meetings with the Iraqi leaders, THEN they determine the most appropriate direction to go in.

Why did they sign a new contract before it was all settled?

How about wait until the investigation is completed?

jimnyc
10-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Why did they sign a new contract before it was all settled?

Ummm... To ensure they were under contract! They are one of the best at what they do, any competent company will do their best to have the best under contract! That doesn't mean their aren't provisions in place to protect themselves in case BW leaves Iraq.

How about wait until the investigation is completed?

Yes, things stay "status quo" until it's complete. You apparently feel they should be treated differently and presumed guilty of something before that.

truthmatters
10-04-2007, 10:04 AM
http://www.defenselink.mil/contracts/contract.aspx?contractid=3615

It doesnt seem to have any contingencies in it.

UNITED STATES TRANSPORTATION COMMAND
Presidential Airways, Inc., an aviation Worldwide Services company (d/b/a Blackwater Aviation), Moyock, N.C., is being awarded an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) type contract for $92,000,000.00. The contractor is to provide all fixed-wing aircraft, personnel, equipment, tools, material, maintenance and supervision necessary to perform passenger, cargo and combi Short Take-Off and Landing air transportation services between locations in the Area of Responsibility of Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan and Uzbekistan. This contract was competitively procured and two timely offers were received. The performance period is from 1 Oct. 2007 to 30 September 2011. The United States Transportation Command Acquisition Directorate, Scott Air Force Base, Ill., is the contracting activity (HTC7 11 -08-D-0010).

jimnyc
10-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Presidential Airways, Inc., an aviation Worldwide Services company (d/b/a Blackwater Aviation), Moyock, N.C., is being awarded an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) type contract for $92,000,000.00. The contractor is to provide all fixed-wing aircraft, personnel, equipment, tools, material, maintenance and supervision necessary to perform passenger, cargo and combi Short Take-Off and Landing air transportation services between locations in the Area of Responsibility of Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan and Uzbekistan. This contract was competitively procured and two timely offers were received. The performance period is from 1 Oct. 2007 to 30 September 2011. The United States Transportation Command Acquisition Directorate, Scott Air Force Base, Ill., is the contracting activity (HTC7 11 -08-D-0010).

First off, that's NOT the contract, so you have no clue what's actually worded in the actual contract.

Secondly, what the hell does this have to do with their activities in Iraq?

Monkeybone
10-04-2007, 10:08 AM

gasp! places other than Iraq! stupid company for working more than one job.

truthmatters
10-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Good point MB and I had not noticed that.

But I do find it interesting still that we would had out a four year contract to the same company we have just begun investigating for killing civilians.

At least it is not the stab at Maliki I thought it was.

hjmick
10-04-2007, 10:15 AM

First off, that's NOT the contract, so you have no clue what's actually worded in the actual contract.

Secondly, what the hell does this have to do with their activities in Iraq?

Thank you for saving me the trouble of pointing this out.

jimnyc
10-04-2007, 10:15 AM
This is why we READ things BEFORE we post them.

hjmick
10-04-2007, 10:21 AM
This is why we READ things BEFORE we post them.

Giving credit where credit is due, TM did own that error.

manu1959
10-04-2007, 10:21 AM

Now what happens?

well blackwater's 1000 employees will leave and their security details will be picked up by the 139 other security contractors already in country....

jimnyc
10-04-2007, 10:24 AM

True, I'll concede that. I just found it funny since there were a whole 5 sentences in the quote and noticing the countries included in the contract should have been fairly easy! :)

truthmatters
10-04-2007, 10:29 AM
The original post was about Maliki wanting blackwater to leave Iraq.

What are the chances they will be forced to leave because Maliki says they must?

At least the FBI investigating will not be gaurded by Black water while they investigate.

truthmatters
10-04-2007, 10:30 AM

Thank you for noticing.

I just found the contract and posted it right after I found it.

manu1959
10-04-2007, 10:32 AM
True, I'll concede that. I just found it funny since there were a whole 5 sentences in the quote and noticing the countries included in the contract should have been fairly easy! :)

you assume she actually reads all the words and understands them....

truthmatters
10-04-2007, 10:33 AM
you assume she actually reads all the words and understands them....

How come you trusted my link and the information contained within?

Have I found a site you will trust?

jimnyc
10-04-2007, 10:35 AM

Because it was an official military site. But again you tried to "twist" things only to be easily busted yet again.

manu1959
10-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Thank you for noticing.

I just found the contract and posted it right after I found it.

what you posted is a statement that a contract was going to let....you did not post the actual contract....

remember .... truth matters .....

mrg666
10-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Oh my, could it be another story of corruption by this admin?

would you like another chocolate Jenny?

lifes like a box of chocalates :dev3:

manu1959
10-04-2007, 10:39 AM

nope...i was making fun of you for not understanding your own post ....

truthmatters
10-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Because it was an official military site. But again you tried to "twist" things only to be easily busted yet again.

Whos opinion of BW is more important in Iraq, Bush's or Maliki's?

manu1959
10-04-2007, 10:40 AM

you will find out if black water goes or stays....

jimnyc
10-04-2007, 10:40 AM

Opinion? Neither. Decisions should be based on facts, security and the best interest of the citizens and those being secured by Blackwater.

truthmatters
10-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Whos country is it in reality?

If they can not tell us who is allowed in their country and who is not then its is our country I guess.

In the pottery barn theory lets not forget the shards of the pot are yours to throw away or take home and glue together if you want to.

I guess the end message is we own Iraq.

Monkeybone
10-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Whos country is it in reality?

If they can not tell us who is allowed in their country and who is not then its is our country I guess.

In the pottery barn theory lets not forget the shards of the pot are yours to throw away or take home and glue together if you want to.

I guess the end message is we own Iraq.

if we run it that why, where the Iraq PM has they say and we should do what he says, then yes i think BW should come out. but also ppl should stop bitching about pulling our troops out cuz he wants us there.

Nukeman
10-04-2007, 12:42 PM
if we run it that why, where the Iraq PM has they say and we should do what he says, then yes i think BW should come out. but also ppl should stop bitching about pulling our troops out cuz he wants us there.
Hold on there now Monkey you might be making a sensible argument and we cant have that when truthmatters is around, your only alowed to have kneejerk reactions to anything to do with the military or Republicans....:slap:

diuretic
10-04-2007, 07:14 PM
The puppet can't ignore the puppeteer because the puppeteer is in control. The puppeteer, on the other other hand, can ignore the puppet.

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Most likely another firm will replace blackwater, as for blackwater as a company. I dont know

Now what happens?

manu1959
10-04-2007, 09:07 PM

well he is right about BW and wrong about the troops.....keep up.....

JohnDoe
10-09-2007, 08:27 AM
If memory serves the Iraqi Parliament had a sense of the Parliament vote, where the majority of their congress voted to ask the Americans to leave or voted for the Americans to leave.... would that count for you monkey? or does it have to be just their PM?

jd

Monkeybone
10-09-2007, 09:23 AM
If memory serves the Iraqi Parliament had a sense of the Parliament vote, where the majority of their congress voted to ask the Americans to leave or voted for the Americans to leave.... would that count for you monkey? or does it have to be just their PM?

jd

they voted to set up a better timetable for reduction and then leaving. i didn't find anywhere that stated they wanted us to just leave like they are calling for BW. that counts for me.

JohnDoe
10-09-2007, 09:34 AM
they voted to set up a better timetable for reduction and then leaving. i didn't find anywhere that stated they wanted us to just leave like they are calling for BW. that counts for me.

That's true, it was not an immediate withdraw of everyone at once that their parliament voted for, that would be a little hard to do with 150,000 troops, and 412,000 contractor employees of various sorts in total, that I heard were in Iraq, verses the few thousand Blackwater employees imo.

jd

Monkeybone
10-09-2007, 09:37 AM
lol yah. what do they say? it will take atleast 8 months to pull all of our stuff out when we decide to?

i think we should yank BW to make them happy. just don't fill their security spots with our guys

JohnDoe
10-09-2007, 09:50 AM
lol yah. what do they say? it will take atleast 8 months to pull all of our stuff out when we decide to?

i think we should yank BW to make them happy. just don't fill their security spots with our guys good, solid plan imo. I agree.