PDA

View Full Version : For Those Who Want to Talk RINO

Gunny
04-07-2022, 01:36 PM
Same 3 Republicans. Romney, Collins and Murkowski come through for the Dems again. I would say Republicans who consistently support Democratic party action fit the term "RINO".

Wouldn't have changed the outcome of Jackson getting to the Supreme Court. Dems had the tie-breaker. Still no reason to support them.

fj1200
04-07-2022, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure I like the precedent. The Dems are the party of the knee-jerk no. But I don't think the Republicans on the confirmation committee did enough work to give cover for a "no" vote.

Gunny
04-07-2022, 07:06 PM
I'm not sure I like the precedent. The Dems are the party of the knee-jerk no. But I don't think the Republicans on the confirmation committee did enough work to give cover for a "no" vote.

There's everything wrong with this. Starting with the qualifications for the position.

fj1200
04-07-2022, 08:44 PM
There's everything wrong with this. Starting with the qualifications for the position.

I do not disagree. I think my main issue is that the POTUS gets to choose SCOTUS and they had the cards in their favor. Make a slight stink about the whole affair, bemoan the 17th amendment, and then let him have his choice. As craptastically crappy as I expect his choice will be it was mostly a foregone conclusion so why force yourself into a bad optics position?

Kathianne
04-08-2022, 03:24 AM
I do not disagree. I think my main issue is that the POTUS gets to choose SCOTUS and they had the cards in their favor. Make a slight stink about the whole affair, bemoan the 17th amendment, and then let him have his choice. As craptastically crappy as I expect his choice will be it was mostly a foregone conclusion so why force yourself into a bad optics position?

When it comes to SCOTUS picks, it really is #1 example of how much elections count. It was true for Trump, it's true for Biden. Last election also is highlighted by the two Senate losses in GA. it's not just about the presidency.

Gunny
04-08-2022, 09:41 AM
I do not disagree. I think my main issue is that the POTUS gets to choose SCOTUS and they had the cards in their favor. Make a slight stink about the whole affair, bemoan the 17th amendment, and then let him have his choice. As craptastically crappy as I expect his choice will be it was mostly a foregone conclusion so why force yourself into a bad optics position?Differentiate between my saying basically the same thing you are saying, and my opinion regarding what amounts to nothing more than bullshit. Most of the latter being a result of the MSM looking to stir up the pot. The stench of hypocrisy is overwhelming with this one. Republicans are racist and gender-biased for questioning a racist and gender-biased pick:rolleyes:

Everything Republicans asked was unfair, inflammatory, racist while all of Jackson's non-answers were just peachy-keen. No answer on court packing. Doesn't know what woman is. A record of sentencing pedophiles to less than minimum guidelines.

I stated when Republicans started taking the media bait this was a lost battle not worth fighting. It was lose/lose for Republicans before it ever got started. IMO, Republicans should have figured out a way to rubber stamp while making the point it was bullshit and saved themselves the rest of the Dem/MSM drama and smear campaign.

The way the Dems/MSM acted you'd have thought Republicans were treating jackson the way Kavanaugh got treated. But that was different :rolleyes:

fj1200
04-09-2022, 02:04 PM
Differentiate between my saying basically the same thing you are saying, and my opinion regarding what amounts to nothing more than bullshit. Most of the latter being a result of the MSM looking to stir up the pot. The stench of hypocrisy is overwhelming with this one. Republicans are racist and gender-biased for questioning a racist and gender-biased pick:rolleyes:

Everything Republicans asked was unfair, inflammatory, racist while all of Jackson's non-answers were just peachy-keen. No answer on court packing. Doesn't know what woman is. A record of sentencing pedophiles to less than minimum guidelines.

I stated when Republicans started taking the media bait this was a lost battle not worth fighting. It was lose/lose for Republicans before it ever got started. IMO, Republicans should have figured out a way to rubber stamp while making the point it was bullshit and saved themselves the rest of the Dem/MSM drama and smear campaign.

The way the Dems/MSM acted you'd have thought Republicans were treating jackson the way Kavanaugh got treated. But that was different :rolleyes:

Yup, I don't know if they had effective follow ups to the gotchas. If you don't have a good follow up then what's the point of the gotcha. If you don't know what a woman is then how can you decide on Federal laws that say, outlaw discrimination based on sex?