PDA

View Full Version : A sour and angry America poised to punish Dems this fall

Gunny
04-09-2022, 07:59 AM
Hopefully. Despite the GOP doing its best to fall on its own sword :rolleyes:

The Million Dollar Question is: Suppose Republicans take both houses of Congress. THEN what? Back to canceling each other and accomplishing nothing like they have since 2000?

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/09/angry-voters-biden-inflation-midterms-00024218

Kathianne
04-09-2022, 09:17 AM
Hopefully. Despite the GOP doing its best to fall on its own sword :rolleyes:

The Million Dollar Question is: Suppose Republicans take both houses of Congress. THEN what? Back to canceling each other and accomplishing nothing like they have since 2000?

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/09/angry-voters-biden-inflation-midterms-00024218

Funny thing, every poll I've seen the people DO blame Biden policies for high gas prices, acknowledging the last boost was Ukraine. Seems to me that dem operatives are trying to change perceptions by lying. No surprise.

Gunny
04-09-2022, 09:31 AM
Funny thing, every poll I've seen the people DO blame Biden policies for high gas prices, acknowledging the last boost was Ukraine. Seems to me that dem operatives are trying to change perceptions by lying. No surprise.

I've noticed that at as well. When in FAIL mode, change the narrative.

Granted, the current global situation hasn't helped, but Biden IS to blame for the economy. He declared it temporary and that it would fix itself and that was that.

Got to love the American people though. I guess gas is the most visible and universal issue. Everyone seems focused on the price of gas. The price of EVERYTHING has gone up. Being nickel and dimed (of is that $5-$10 now?) at every turn adds up to as much as gas. Meaning, IMO, it's much worse than just the price of gas, and it's snowballing.

Kathianne
04-09-2022, 09:46 AM
I've noticed that at as well. When in FAIL mode, change the narrative.

Granted, the current global situation hasn't helped, but Biden IS to blame for the economy. He declared it temporary and that it would fix itself and that was that.

Got to love the American people though. I guess gas is the most visible and universal issue. Everyone seems focused on the price of gas. The price of EVERYTHING has gone up. Being nickel and dimed (of is that $5-$10 now?) at every turn adds up to as much as gas. Meaning, IMO, it's much worse than just the price of gas, and it's snowballing.

Most of inflation is oil based, imo. From fertilizers to shipping, to retail operations, the pri e of oil is causing the rising costs of all goods.