PDA

View Full Version : Airforce - making itself look pitiful

revelarts
04-10-2022, 08:54 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FP8tPFDX0AMrKir?format=jpg&name=small

NightTrain
04-10-2022, 03:17 PM
That's got to be a joke... maybe something an Army guy or Marine drew up.

Gunny
04-10-2022, 04:39 PM
That's got to be a joke... maybe something an Army guy or Marine drew up.It is neither a joke, nor "pitiful". It's a snap judgement being made by someone who has no clue what he is talking about.

Military bases are generally complete with the local wildlife. As Federal reservations, wildlife is treated in accordance with whichever Federal alphabet agency is in charge of how to treat wildlife. Every base I have been on post that by the Basse Commander's order, f-ing with the wildlife is punishable under the UCMJ.

Throw in young military personnel moved from one natural environment to another by assignment. Not to mention their dependents. And the 10% that will have two beers and screw with anything.

In this particular instance, it's geese. Geese are aggressive by nature; especially, if you get around their nesting area/young. Swans are the same. They will attack. Contrary to the implication that USAF personnel are "pitiful", maybe they just didn't grow up where there are geese and have no clue how to handle being attacked by a goose? Odds are good there's a lake on the base.

Been around a lot of military personnel that were never outside the city they grew up in. Real World. Takes all kinds to sign on the dotted line. Not everybody's an expert at everything.

I know a whole bunch of civilians that don't know what's on that sign. Hell, I know some never eve been on a horse.

icansayit
04-10-2022, 08:00 PM
Here at the beach. Around our apartment complex. We have hundreds of Geese since we have six lakes as part of the local area. The GEESE own their land, and water. We know Not to bother them, and they never bother us.
Some young people who are unfamiliar...like to yell, tease, and throw things at them...and MOMMY GEESE protect their little ones.
Some people NEVER LEARN.

revelarts
04-16-2022, 10:13 AM
I'd have FAR more Sympathy for them if was a warning about something like this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQeScGRWUAk-wUh?format=jpg&name=900x900