PDA

View Full Version : Psycho-left v Psycho-right v the Constitution

Gunny
04-13-2022, 07:48 AM
So a group, ironically enough calling itself "XXXX for Freedom of Speech" has a lawsuit in GA attempting to have MGT barred for running for office based on the 14th Amendment. ALL KINDS of issues with this.

MGT needs to get back on her meds. I have no problem with her being replaced by a functional Republican that isn't an ill-mannered attention-whoring extremist. She is nothing but bad, harmful media for the right.

On the other hand, this lawsuit to bar her from office for participating in an insurrection? I was not aware she had been convicted of a crime. Regardless anyone's agreeing/disagreeing with her doing so, showing support for people who rioted at the Capitol isn't illegal, and is not participating in anything.

The 14th Amendment in so many words states that anyone who has taken the oath of loyalty to the Constitution then goes against the US Fed Government is guilty of participating in an insurrection (among other things) and cannot hold ANY public, government office in the US.

I have a BIG issue with that. I took an oath of loyalty to support and defend the Constitution of the US. I did NOT take an oath to support and defend any politician occupying space in the US Federal government and I do NOT see them as one and the same, regardless the people who do, usually for their convenience. That bureaucratic hydra calling itself the US Gov't in DC resembles the US Constitution less and and less on an hourly basis.

IMO, MGT and even Trump for that matter, should be ousted by the Republican Party for not belonging (yep, it's discrimination -- I can't stand stupid). Idiots abusing the law to try and stifle them doesn't cut it with me. They should be rejected at the polls by the voters, not legally silenced by people who "support free speech" :rolleyes: