PDA

View Full Version : ‘Democrats Scream with Anguish at the Idea’ Disney Will Have to Pay More Taxes

jimnyc
04-23-2022, 02:10 PM
Amazing, more hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

Also video from Carlson at the link.

---

FNC’s Carlson: ‘Democrats Scream with Anguish at the Idea’ Disney Will Have to Pay More Taxes

Friday on FNC’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” host Tucker Carlson opened his program with his reaction to the State of Florida’s decision to revoke Disney’s self-governance status and the reaction from Democrats who opposed the move led by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

Carlson noted the unusual circumstance of Democrats opposing a corporation like Disney now facing a higher tax burden.

Transcript as follows:

CARLSON: We told you earlier in the week about how the left is very mad, in fact trying to shut down a site called Libs of TikTok. Why are they so mad at Libs of TikTok?

Well, here’s one of the reasons: Over the past half a year or so, video after video has appeared on social media showing schoolteachers bragging enthusiastically about how they push their personal sexual politics, often weird and gruesome sexual politics, on the small children they’re supposed to be teaching. Now, the students in question are not teenagers, they’re kindergartners, first graders, kids who have no perspective on life and no power to fight back.

So many parents saw these videos, in some cases on Libs of TikTok and they were shocked. They had no idea that anything like this was happening in the classroom. Having some purple-haired loser in a nose ring convince your six-year-old to get a sex change is not why most people send their children to school, so they complained, the parents did. And across the country, Republican officeholders responded by promising to do something about this. They made outraged noises, but then in very short order, they moved on to talking about Ukraine, which is what they really care about, not you.

In the end, only one state really did anything about this. That would be the State of Florida under Ron DeSantis. Several weeks ago, the Florida Legislature passed a law banning teachers from bragging about their own sex lives to small children. Now, news reporters went crazy. They described this legislation as the “Don’t Say Gay Bill,” but as always, that was a lie. This bill didn’t even mention the word “gay.” It had nothing to do with gays. Florida voters seem to know that intuitively. Even most Democrats in Florida supported this law.

The polling firm Public Opinion Strategies found out why they do, quote: “Fully two-thirds of voters believe it is inappropriate for teachers or school personnel to discuss gender identity with children in kindergarten through third grade.” Well, of course it is. Everyone thinks that.

So, if there was ever a law that accurately reflected public opinion, which should matter in a democracy, this was the law, but across the country, in the State of California, Bob Iger was watching and Bob Iger didn’t like it.

Bob Iger is the 71-year-old former head of Disney. He’s a bundler for Hillary Clinton. He’s got some free time and strong political views. He promptly tweeted the Florida law was immoral, somehow.

In an interview later with CNN with Chris Wallace, Iger explained that preventing teachers from promoting gender reassignment surgery to kindergartners was quote, “harmful to children.” Iger never explained how this was harmful, but it didn’t matter.

Over at Disney headquarters, his remarks caused huge problems for the company’s new CEO, Bob Chapek. Now, by all accounts, Bob Chapek is not especially political. He’s not an activist. He’s a marketing guy. So, his first instinct was not to get involved, not to comment on what was happening in Florida, and that seemed wise given how much at stake Disney has in Florida. They own a theme park in Orlando, you may have heard. That’s an enormous physical asset that cannot be loaded on a truck and move, so maybe don’t mess with Florida.

As Chapek put it in a memo, quote: “Corporate statements do very little to change outcomes or minds.” He wrote that on March 7th, explaining why Disney plans to take a pass on this controversy because they make movies, not laws, but Bob Chapek’s employees had other ideas.

Whipped into a frenzy by their former boss, Bob Iger, Disney staffers demanded action immediately and then because he is weak and not especially bright, Bob Chapek caved to their demands.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/04/23/fncs-carlson-democrats-scream-with-anguish-at-the-idea-disney-will-have-to-pay-more-taxes/

Gunny
04-23-2022, 05:39 PM
Fuck Disney AND Tucker Carlson. Both represent "values" that don't represent the country I grew up in.

BoogyMan
04-23-2022, 05:48 PM
I must admit that watching the Democrats in general complain about a multi-billion dollar company having to pony up more tax money gives me a bit of a giggle.

Gunny
04-23-2022, 06:00 PM
I must admit that watching the Democrats in general complain about a multi-billion dollar company having to pony up more tax money gives me a bit of a giggle.

True from the Dems/left. It's always been a matter of who is paying for what, and who has the best PR/control of the MSM. The left is just as self-serving as anyone they accuse.

At the same time, Carlson whining about supporting people fighting for their freedom and very lives begs the question just where he thinks his came from. He's got the same sense of entitlement as those he regularly bitches about.

BoogyMan
04-23-2022, 08:28 PM
He gets some stuff right, he gets some stuff *REALLY* wrong. He is *REALLY* wrong on Ukraine and the war. I find his comments on Putin pretty hard to swallow.

On this where he skewers the whiners on their hypocrisy, I just have to smile.

True from the Dems/left. It's always been a matter of who is paying for what, and who has the best PR/control of the MSM. The left is just as self-serving as anyone they accuse.

At the same time, Carlson whining about supporting people fighting for their freedom and very lives begs the question just where he thinks his came from. He's got the same sense of entitlement as those he regularly bitches about.

Gunny
04-24-2022, 12:17 PM
He gets some stuff right, he gets some stuff *REALLY* wrong. He is *REALLY* wrong on Ukraine and the war. I find his comments on Putin pretty hard to swallow.

On this where he skewers the whiners on their hypocrisy, I just have to smile.Did you see where a leftist judge from Texas decided to offer for Disney to come HERE? As if we don't have enough theme parks blighting up the landscape. Damned sure don't need one that represents what Disney does.

And yes, the judge is from Austin. I assume talking out his backside.

Need to take a mop and a bucket of suds to Travis County.

BoogyMan
04-24-2022, 05:41 PM
Egads, my wife and I are thinking about retirement and a move. This could hasten that outcome. The wind farms up in my part of the state are bad enough.

Did you see where a leftist judge from Texas decided to offer for Disney to come HERE? As if we don't have enough theme parks blighting up the landscape. Damned sure don't need one that represents what Disney does.

And yes, the judge is from Austin. I assume talking out his backside.

Need to take a mop and a bucket of suds to Travis County.

Gunny
04-24-2022, 06:52 PM
Egads, my wife and I are thinking about retirement and a move. This could hasten that outcome. The wind farms up in my part of the state are bad enough.Weighing the pro's n con's on making a move myself. Somewhere I can't smell this society.