PDA

View Full Version : Death by enema

Abbey Marie
10-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Here's one to add to the "I've never heard of that" list.

Charges dismissed in sherry enema death
By Erwin Seba
Thu Oct 4, 9:33 AM ET

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Charges have been dropped against a Texas woman who was accused of giving her husband a sherry enema that killed him, the prosecutor in the case said on Wednesday.

Tammy Jean Warner had been scheduled to face trial for negligent homicide in the May 2004 death of Michael Warner, 58, but Brazoria County District Attorney Jeri Yenne said the charges were dismissed a month ago for lack of evidence.

The dead man had had "a severe alcohol issue" and it was not clear his wife had committed a crime, Yenne said in a telephone interview.

At the time of Warner's indictment in 2005, police told the Houston Chronicle the woman had given her husband two large bottles of sherry, which raised his blood alcohol level to 0.47 percent, or nearly six times the level considered legally drunk in Texas.

She told the newspaper her husband was addicted to enemas and often used alcohol in that manner. Police said Warner had a throat ailment that left him unable to drink the sherry.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071004/od_nm/texas_sherry_enema_dc_3;_ylt=AtuFd73tGBOOBRVzpLXAT ZML1vAI

hjmick
10-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Okay...ew.

Abbey Marie
10-04-2007, 03:31 PM
It reminded of a story I heard years ago about post-op throat cancer patients smoking through their tracheas, I think it was. Addicts are so sad.

hjmick
10-04-2007, 03:41 PM
It reminded of a story I heard years ago about post-op throat cancer patients smoking through their tracheas, I think it was. Addicts are so sad.

After loosing his voice box to cancer, my grandfather continued to smoke through the afore mentioned hole. It's a tough habit to kick that's for sure.

KarlMarx
10-04-2007, 03:52 PM
the reason why he died is that the intestine is lined with millions of small structures that absorb nutrients from food in the digestive tract into the blood stream. Therefore, delivering drugs or alcohol in this manner creates a direct path of the drug right to the blood stream.

The ancient Mayans took psychedelic drugs in this manner during their religious ceremonies.

MtnBiker
10-04-2007, 03:56 PM
So, how does that conversation go?

"Honey, my throat is killing me but I need to get my buzz on really bad. Hmmm, oh I know put the alcohol up my ass."

:eek:

dan
10-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Sadly, this isn't the first time I've heard of this happening. Not sure what that says about me.

manu1959
10-04-2007, 04:25 PM
So, how does that conversation go?

"Honey, my throat is killing me but I need to get my buzz on really bad. Hmmm, oh I know put the alcohol up my ass."

:eek:

sounds like most of the conversations i overhear in san francisco.....:poke:

Abbey Marie
10-04-2007, 04:32 PM
sounds like most of the conversations i overhear in san francisco.....:poke:

How do you stay not only sane, but smokin' smart, in that crazed atmosphere? :coffee:

jimnyc
10-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Nothing wrong with a little sexual fun while getting drunk! :laugh2: :cheers2:

DrJohn
10-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Kind of brings new meaning to the phrase "Bottoms up"

Said1
10-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah. Sounds like a blast.

Dilloduck
10-04-2007, 06:30 PM
The enema of my enema is my friend ! :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
10-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Sadly, this isn't the first time I've heard of this happening. Not sure what that says about me.

I've heard of it too. I think mainly medical students do this sort of thing a lot of the time. The body absorbs the alcohol more easily since it's going straight to the intestines and doesn't get watered-down in the stomach and upper digestive system. It's a way to get way drunk off a shot or two. The problem is, it's really easy to over do it so there are usually a few deaths per year because of this. Pretty embarrassing way to die imo. :laugh:

dan
10-04-2007, 06:45 PM
I've heard of it too. I think mainly medical students do this sort of thing a lot of the time. The body absorbs the alcohol more easily since it's going straight to the intestines and doesn't get watered-down in the stomach and upper digestive system. It's a way to get way drunk off a shot or two. The problem is, it's really easy to over do it so there are usually a few deaths per year because of this. Pretty embarrassing way to die imo. :laugh:

Yeah, the only thing I can think of that's worse is dying of autoerotic asphyxiation!

I saw a Steve-O video where he got an IV drip of vodka, after about 2 shots, he was completely hammered! Probably one of the stupidest things I've ever seen anybody do.